CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy retweeted
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 18m18 minutes ago
He spoke with Holmes after 1st rotation: "not being engaged, not being interactive. not getting as much done as one could." #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 19s19 seconds ago
Holmes was flat, socially awkward, quiet . His presentations were mechanical #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14s15 seconds ago
Holmes was given another chance to take prelims #TheaterShooting #theatertrial

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 41s41 seconds ago
#theatershooting
Has seen other students like JH that have gone on to become good doctors

Just some ramblings.

Its interesting how this witness is saying he was good on paper which I take to mean his grades were good.

Did JH already have a BS degree?

If so, then I wonder if he had trouble passing a certain graduate school class or 2 that was required?
It seems I recall it was previously stated that he started to struggle in grad school.

Maybe it was a couple of his required courses that he had to pass for the graduate degree he was pursuing and maybe it was the first time he struggled with grades.

Just wondering if it may have contributed to his mental instability?

It would be traumatic if you were pursuing a certain degree and had to have certain classes and realized you could not get a passing grade on them.

There are certain courses that must be taken.

Sometimes you run into a course or a teacher that seems impossible to pass because of the way they go about it the course.

I once took a course and I studied like all the others and when I saw the first test I could not believe what I was seeing. It was like a different language and even though I attended class each day and took notes I realized there was no way I was going to pass that test.

I had to drop the course and take it the following semester and then once i learned how that professor handled the tests, I had to prepare for it a whole different way. I barely passed the class .

Just wondering if JH ran into trouble with his classes like that. Maybe he was never in that situation before and he could not handle the stress of not being able to pass the courses he needed.

If so, it surely wasnt the only thing that threw him over the edge.

He seemed the type of person that had multiple issues going on.
Girlfriend issues too and that could have been traumatic as well.

Maybe a combination of things put him over the edge.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14s14 seconds ago
Holmes just didn't appear to be panning out as the Professors hoped #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 32s32 seconds ago
Holmes told the Professor he was leaving the program #theatershooting #theatertrial

For me, the professor's testimony about Holmes' attitude and behavior was exceptionally revealing

During break, attys and judge having a discussion. Anyone want to take over?

OK, please don't throw anything at me for saying this...

But the Defense attorney that goes against Braucler...her voice is really irritating! It may be seem worse, since she is against Mr. Smooth Talker...but I don't think by much. It would be hard to listen to her on an extended questioning sequence!

OK, please don't throw anything at me for saying this...

But the Defense attorney that goes against Braucler...her voice is really irritating! It may be seem worse, since she is against Mr. Smooth Talker...but I don't think by much. It would be hard to listen to her on an extended questioning sequence!

Have I mentioned that Mr. Smoothtalker reminds me of Anderson Cooper ?

Just some ramblings.

Its interesting how this witness is saying he was good on paper which I take to mean his grades were good.

Did JH already have a BS degree?

If so, then I wonder if he had trouble passing a certain graduate school class or 2 that was required?
It seems I recall it was previously stated that he started to struggle in grad school.

Maybe it was a couple of his required courses that he had to pass for the graduate degree he was pursuing and maybe it was the first time he struggled with grades.

Just wondering if it may have contributed to his mental instability?

It would be traumatic if you were pursuing a certain degree and had to have certain classes and realized you could not get a passing grade on them.

There are certain courses that must be taken.

Sometimes you run into a course or a teacher that seems impossible to pass because of the way they go about it the course.

I once took a course and I studied like all the others and when I saw the first test I could not believe what I was seeing. It was like a different language and even though I attended class each day and took notes I realized there was no way I was going to pass that test.

I had to drop the course and take it the following semester and then once i learned how that professor handled the tests, I had to prepare for it a whole different way. I barely passed the class .

Just wondering if JH ran into trouble with his classes like that. Maybe he was never in that situation before and he could not handle the stress of not being able to pass the courses he needed.

If so, it surely wasnt the only thing that threw him over the edge.

He seemed the type of person that had multiple issues going on.
Girlfriend issues too and that could have been traumatic as well.

Maybe a combination of things put him over the edge.

What I got from it is that it wasn't a regular class with homework and grades....a textbook that he could follow. This was working in a lab developing an experiment and it was all on him. He had to come up with his own ideas, implement, communicate...not where he has his academic strengths. Dr V said his concepts weren't very strong.....that says to me he didn't have an instinct for the "craft". He has proven how creative he can be when the subject truly interests him.... I think it might be a case of ..... I'm following in my dad's footsteps but I really don't have a passion for the subject.

For me, the professor's testimony about Holmes' attitude and behavior was exceptionally revealing
like - he is this way all the time - I wonder how he felt sitting across from JH saying negative things about him?
During break, attys and judge having a discussion. Anyone want to take over?
I'll....I'll be in and out though
Have I mentioned that Mr. Smoothtalker reminds me of Anderson Cooper ?
:blushing: Anderson......

corundogs

corundogs is online now Registered User

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...es-records.pdf

I found this very interesting document while searching for the address. I am sure it has been discussed here, but maybe not for a long time, since this was put out during a document dump (most likely) during a pretrial hearing (or something like that)

This is his school record for admissions to University of Iowa Biosciences Department (that's the best I can gather). 2 people on the Admissions Committee specifically stated for John Holmes.

One said

Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances

Another said

I agree with Dan. Don't admit.

I wonder what the basis for that was??

Trying to bring this over from the old thread..... I really wonder what "Dan" saw in JH.... Very interesting!

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol
· 5m 5 minutes ago
#theatershooting judge ruled that being a geek in college is no crime. #ThankGod! JEG

Trying to bring this over from the old thread..... I really wonder what "Dan" saw in JH.... Very interesting!

ME TOO!! Since that document was released at some point through the trial (pre-trial, etc.) I am really hoping we hear from him!

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol
· 2m 2 minutes ago

The Gold Patrol™ retweeted Cathy
!

The Gold Patrol™ added,

Cathy @courtchatter
Judge is allowing the media access to the transcript of Holmes FBI interview. #theatershooting
0 retweets 0 favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member