CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 2m2 minutes ago
After a break, the Holmes family slideshow continues in #theatershooting trial, with Robert Holmes narrating

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 42s42 seconds ago  Castle Rock, CO
Robert: the family went to Disneyland. Here, the siblings "got their ears," Robert says. #theatershooting

LOL! I love this tweet!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 53s53 seconds ago  Castle Rock, CO
"He wasn't really a phone person," Robert says of his son. #theatershooting

(perhaps that is why he didn't hang on when he called the Mental Health Unit right before the murders)

Didn't they show pics like this of Jodi Arias in the penalty phase?

some---but not on and on like this is going---Could be also we have heard so much BS this week about his childhood---2nd grade teacher, 5th grade teacher--etc

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 30s30 seconds ago
Holmes' dad: Son was rejected by top grad schools so he "did nothing for a while." Live #theatershooting testimony: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: We didn't talk much in Holmes' college days. "He wasn't big phone guy." Live #theatershooting testimony: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Good point. The two guys who testified yesterday both saw him in Dec 2011. They said he was exactly the same person they'd known for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something that Brauchler can point out with authority..Schizoaffective disorder just doesn't blossom inside of a few months...He was with his buds from College days..and he wasn't acting any different..the same ol' guy!!

I do think J's long histry he gave folks like Reid, Gur, Metzner, and all the other's has no actually documented history..only HIS story he had been researching about for a long time!! .. He knew how to talk, answer, what to say and give backstories ( unfounded in historical litany these teachers, church leaders, family, friends have been regurgitating for the past many days..

J. could have possibly sought out excuses for what his mission was and worked very hard to place blame on his therapist, his family, his professors, and so on....BUT for his high analytical brain function..he would never have been able to pull wool over experts eyes the way he has....

There's nothing in his upbringing to excuse (mitigate) what he did. Def. can play all the video, post pictures of every happy day in his childhood they want..It does not mitigate. It's solely for the purpose of seeking sympathy for the parents only..which could backfire in the end if they can't find one juror to swallow that..

I wish this witness, JH's father, would put some effort into not mumbling his words and stop his voice from drifting off at the end of his statement.

Isn't George Brauchler being very accommodating. Almost too much. Is he up to something I wonder ........

Robert Holmes said "If i had a major worry during that time, it was more that he didn't seem happy. He didn't seem depressed, but he didn't seem happy.: Phil Tenser

some---but not on and on like this is going---Could be also we have heard so much BS this week about his childhood---2nd grade teacher, 5th grade teacher--etc

Maybe her family didn't take many photos or videos. Her family seemed like a dysfunctional family. Jodi moved out at a young age.

Robert Holmes said "If i had a major worry during that time, it was more that he didn't seem happy. He didn't seem depressed, but he didn't seem happy.: Phil Tenser

Not being happy is depression.

Isn't George Brauchler being very accommodating. Almost too much. Is he up to something I wonder ........

Probably just trying to get this over with.....

If I was on the jury this testimony would be getting on my nerves. It's not outweighing the aggravating factors one bit.

Me too, if I was on the jury, I'd have seen more than enough of happy holiday photos and videos.
I'd be wondering why they went to family therapy, if the only issue was 'Jimmy' having a hard time adjusting. Why not just take JH for some counseling, why the whole family?

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Holmes' dad: If I had major worry, it was that son wasn't happy at "pill factory." Live #theatershooting testimony: http://link.kdvr.com/1LTcXWg

Does not want to appear the bully.

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 53s53 seconds ago
After undergrad, Holmes at first didn't get into grad school and moved home. Dad began to worry about his son. #theatershooting

This is something that Brauchler can point out with authority..Schizoaffective disorder just doesn't blossom inside of a few months...He was with his buds from College days..and he wasn't acting any different..the same ol' guy!!

I do think J's long histry he gave folks like Reid, Gur, Metzner, and all the other's has no actually documented history..only HIS story he had been researching about for a long time!! .. He knew how to talk, answer, what to say and give backstories ( unfounded in historical litany these teachers, church leaders, family, friends have been regurgitating for the past many days..

J. could have possibly sought out excuses for what his mission was and worked very hard to place blame on his therapist, his family, his professors, and so on....BUT for his high analytical brain function..he would never have been able to pull wool over experts eyes the way he has....

There's nothing in his upbringing to excuse (mitigate) what he did. Def. can play all the video, post pictures of every happy day in his childhood they want..It does not mitigate. It's solely for the purpose of seeking sympathy for the parents only..which could backfire in the end if they can't find one juror to swallow that..

Very good points!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads