CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they must feel some guilt. But ultimately their son was very secretive and I don't think they had a clue what he was planning.

I don't doubt they would have stopped him had they known what he had decided to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH .. I do understand that. I'm just thankful of my siblings and friends being there. I had no parents at the time. It made so much difference! Losing your self identity, your work and personal relationship at the same time ..could be considered catastrophic.

I am now more vigilant to friends going though a loss.

Again, think these two complex mitigators may impact perhaps one juror .

SMH .. I do understand that. I'm just thankful of my siblings and friends being there. I had no parents at the time. It made so much difference! Losing your self identity, your work and personal relationship at the same time ..could be considered catastrophic.

I'm so glad you had people who looked after you and listened when you said you needed constant supervision. I hope you are happy and settled now with no more upset or heartache. (((Hugs)))

OR JH did not like that his father was involved to the point of micro managing JH's life, ordering him around like a trainee or young soldier etc, wanting JH to do what the father suggested, but it was really more like an order. Kids will stay away just for that reason , have very strange conversations with their parent so they do not give away to much info of their (the childs) life, causing this distanance and not wanting to talk to their parent. Had experience with this too.

If I remember correctly the shooters dad was a military child, not in the military. That's not to say that the dad didn't treat his son the way his dad treated him ....... If that makes sense!

As a personal aside, I do see where the defense is going. Losing a girlfriend and his future near the same time ....his self identity was stripped.

Years ago, I was laid off from my job and lost my fiance (due to a heart attack) with in 9 days of each other. I was devastated. I knew from prior experience that I would go into a downward spin of depression.

When folks asked what they could do to help me, I said do not leave me alone for 1 minute for 2 weeks.
I knew that I would be in a Downward Spiral If I Was Alone.

Ended up...My family and friends did not leave me alone for 1 minute for 3 weeks. I was shuttled from friend to friend, had someone take me on a five day trip to visit 3 different friends in the mountains, and family came up to stay with me the third week .

Anyone who has been through such back to back loss on that jury may indeed think the mitigators outweighs the aggravators.
I DO not ...

But I do understand where they're going. Tying that in to mental illness ... Some jurors may lean to life vs death .

:moo:

Just curious....what mitigators? Nevermind....I see you talked about what you consider mitigators in another post

Huérfana;11964968 said:
I think he was trying to talk to his son.

Wow! Surely he knows he shouldn't do that!

The shooter had parents and other family.....and, wasn't he seeing a Dr. at the time he was gathering and planning this massacre?

If I remember correctly the shooters dad was a military child, not in the military. That's not to say that the dad didn't treat his son the way his dad treated him ....... If that makes sense!

Kids learn or some do, from their parents. One son micro manages and the other does not. Both sons are very careful and limited in what their conversation is with their dad because they do not want to be told what to do....the dad does not see the difference between suggesting and telling or rather ordering how the sons should do things. Playing mediator and trying to explain to all sides...is hard and tiring!

To be a fly on the wall during the lawyers meetings...we might have learned the issues and answers we keep asking.

This is true but, IMO this can go either way. A lot of people have things like this happen to them in life - much worst things that what the gunman experienced. People who had mental probs before the life's events or because of them. Myself included with chronic diseases, loss of job, etc. Do I have emotional problems with stress & anxiety? Yes, I definitely do!
He flunked out of school & lost a girl friend, that is no reason to go to mass murder! IMO

Wow! Surely he knows he shouldn't do that!

CA mother did the same thing. I do not remember about JA mother. I guess the parents think it is okay to talk to their 'adult child" in the court when they want to, thinking that there guards and lawyers all around it must be okay? Or just seeing what they can get away with.

Morning break..back in 20 minutes..Hopefully J.'s mother will take the stand then??

Four sick jurors on the top row passing Kleenex, laughing when they blow their noses. 2 alt and 2 real. What troopers!.. Sure hope they have individual disposal baggies to keep those used kleenex away from others!! Never mind their own little bottles of Purell..:tantrum:

I think the defence are holding Arlene Holmes till the end.

Anyone remember that the gunman was offered & allowed to retake the exam that he failed? Prof said that. Gunman could retaken & maybe passed. He decided not to take the exam again.
Also, Fenton & Feinstein also offered him to continue his treatment at no cost. He declined their offers too.
This could've changed the whole scenario.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 4m4 minutes ago
@xxxxxxxx Yes. Barbara Martin (taped #theatershooting testimony playing now) tears up describing Arlene's support after her husband left.

Anyone remember that the gunman was offered & allowed to retake the exam that he failed? Prof said that. Gunman could retaken & maybe passed. He decided not to take the exam again.
Also, Fenton & Feinstein also offered him to continue his treatment at no cost. He declined their offers too.
This could've changed the whole scenario.

Yes he was definitely given the option to retake the exam. His professor said he was sure he would pass if he did. He had already decided what he was going to do. Nothing was going to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member