CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I will look out for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I will look out for you :)

Great idea to know when cases are scheduled or preliminaries upcoming for folks who are here for one case and want to follow another. A few months ago I contacted Tricia, who is the owner of Websleuths, and asked her if they would ever be doing a calendar at WS also for preliminaries and cases for us . Perhaps she is still working on it? Then again maybe too much effort for the moderators who are volunteers?

Thank you so much to all the moderators who are volunteers! :daisy:

Is there an "open" thread for the Madyson Middleton case? I keep coming up with "closed" threads. Thanks.

Great idea to know when cases are scheduled or preliminaries upcoming for folks who are here for one case and want to follow another. A few months ago I contacted Tricia, who is the owner of Websleuths, and asked her if they would ever be doing a calendar at WS also for preliminaries and cases for us . Perhaps she is still working on it? Then again maybe too much effort for the moderators who are volunteers?

Gonna miss your corner of the world atl---pray safe plane ride and things at home ok (after last year's trips😥😯
Will not making as all the cigarette and cigar smoke (us non smokers) b it again pray

Hi Everyone,

Thank you ATL for brining this up

I actually did start working on the calendar but unfortunately other things came up and I had to put this idea on the back burner. The Good news is we might have the calendar up and running very soon. Working on it as we speak

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

I actually did start working on the calendar but unfortunately other things came up and I had to put this idea on the back burner. The Good news is we might have the calendar up and running very soon. Working on it as we speak

Tricia

Wow, Tricia! That's a great idea! :tyou: Another Wow!:cheers:

:websleuther:

I finally got brave enough to come back here. I had to step away after the verdict. I can be calm and accept it, until I think about Veronica. Then I am furious again. It just breaks my heart, as school is getting ready to start, she would be excited about her new backpack, school clothes, etc. I just can't see showing mercy on anyone who purposefully shoots a child. I just can't reach that level of forgiveness and o wish I could.

But I have enjoyed reading here and appreciate everyone who did the tweets! You all rock and made it possible for so many to follow the trial and get to know who the victims were!

I am going to jump in with you, imjazzed. Thanks for the link. See you there! :)

So glad to see you over there! = ) I Think its going to be a Good one.
I think the closer it gets to trial date more people will join in.

Hi Everyone,

Tricia

This really is a wonderful idea. Especially for the Trials related threads.

We realize it would be somewhat hard to setup at first. And with the way lawyers always postpone hearings and trial dates, it maybe somewhat of a nightmare to maintain.

Just some ideas on this to consider:
The Posters within each trial usually are very good with knowing the key dates for upcoming important trial days, so one thought is to somehow allow the posters to provide the "KEY DATES" information to the Mods for each specific trial. Maybe by PM or a designated sub-thread for each trial called "KEY-DATES for *advertiser censored* Trial" or some other idea. And then let the Mods for each trial update the calendar. That way, the Mods would not have to track down any of the information and all they would have to do is update the calendar based on the input provided from the posters themselves.

It may not be wise to allow the calendar to be updated by everyone because it may get too convoluted, but we also don't want to make the work too hard on any 1 person to keep the calendar updated. And the posters themselves within each trial usually are on top of the KEY DATES for certain trial events.

Anyway, just some thoughts and ideas to consider to help try to make it easy to maintain some sort of calendar for the trial related threads.

Hi Maisie! I haven't found any trials to follow live streamed yet. A good place to check is courtchatter.com- Cathy has a place on the website for live streams & keeps up with the trials.
The one I was going to watch is the McStay family murders-Chase Merritt. WS has threads on the case if you want to read up on it. It was supposed to be this fall & now the new date is mid-Jan.
Juan Martinez has one coming this fall too. Of course, we never know if live streams are allowed until a few days before trial.
In the meantime, I've been delving into Serial podcast. It's fascinating! Just google it & all the info will come up if you're not familiar with that case.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7-Baltimore-Murder-Re-Examined-in-New-Podcast

I absolutely LOVED the Serial podcast... That case is soooo mind boggling!! & I really can't figure out if A's truly guilty or not. Like I don't even lean towards one direction... which basically proves to me that he SHOULD NOT be in jail... the evidence falls way short of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt".

So these upcoming trials. Where do you all watch them? You know, just in case I miss you too much and want to follow you :D

Hello Maisiebelle,

Besides the already listed TRIALS here on WS in the trials thread, Something I found interesting here on WS is following the "Missing Persons" thread here (look under Forums), and sometimes what happens unfortunately is the person is found murdered and then sometimes they find the killer and then ultimately the killer goes on Trial and then usually we end up talking about the trial for the murderer. Sometimes with their own Trial thread and sometimes in a thread related to the missing person.

An example is like with Holly Bobo. That was an amazing and very sad missing person who ended up murdered and now we are kind of waiting for the trial to start for her and then I am sure we will have lots of discussion about that trial.

It can take a long time for long cases like Hollys but when they start out in the Missing Persons threads, it can be very interesting to follow all the way through till the trials of the murderer.

Anyway. Just thought I would add that in case you have never visited the Missing Persons threads here on WS.

I ate dinner at a tiny Italian place in Aurora, CO this last weekend. I had a moment when I was eating when I wondered if any of the victims/survivors had ever previously ate at this restaurant. It's so sad to think of all the lives changed or stolen by "that guy." :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I ate dinner at a tiny Italian place in Aurora, CO this last weekend. I had a moment when I was eating when I wondered if any of the victims/survivors had ever previously ate at this restaurant. It's so sad to think of all the lives changed or stolen by "that guy." :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Every time I see a red robin I think of the victims--and along with my normal "yum" I say a prayer for victims and survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA