GUILTY CO - Jason Midyette, 2 mos, beaten to death, Boulder, 24 Feb 2006

Midyette was self-conscious about how heavy she looks in the photos...

20111024_113353_MIDYETTE01s%281%29_500.jpg

“She had conflicted loyalties,” Truman said. “She was trying her best to help us [her attorney's], but her living situation, her money, her cars, everything, was controlled by the Midyette family. She was trying to balance those things.”

Ummm . . . yeah. Well we wouldn't want to tell the truth and lose all those cars now would we.

Midyette hearing: Attorney defends his performance, backs claims of spousal abuse

That her original attorney provided ineffective counsel is a key claim in Molly Midyette's request for a new trial in the death of her 10-week-old son at the hands of her ex-husband.

On the first day of a weeklong hearing to determine whether she should get the new trial, Craig Truman supported another of Molly Midyette's claims -- that she was so abused by her ex-husband, Alex Midyette, that she couldn't assist in her own defense -- but Truman defended his own performance as her trial attorney.
http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19186478

What I would love to see is her get a new trial, be found guilty again, and be sentenced again. Does anyone know if she got the max? I don't remember-old age is creeping up on me. :( Go ahead Molly, test out the waters now that Stan Garnet's the DA. No more Midyette pal MKL running the show. This woman is unreal. God forbid she lose her home and car! Don't show her with her baby, the pictures are unflattering! That baby was tortured for all of his short, sweet life. And she knew it. There's no way she was unaware of what was happening. For all we know, she abused him directly as well. The only thing she was afraid of was her gravy train running dry.

She is also now admitting to drug use... so I'd guess that that gravy train she was afraid of losing included a coke line.

And heck, no one looks their best right after giving birth but we all treasure those 1st photos with our newborns. How shallow can Molly be? How can she even think she deserves to be anywhere other than prison? :banghead:

YIPEEEEEEEEEE Kai AAAAAAAAAAAA!
Molly Midyette denied new trial in baby's death
Saying Molly Midyette is an "intelligent, assertive law school graduate" who was "actively engaged" in her own defense, a judge Monday denied her request for a new trial in the 2006 death of her newborn baby.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_19386383?source=most_viewed

I am so relieved and happy at the outcome of this appeal. I felt both parents should have gotten a lot harsher sentences, but at least this is more than I ever hoped for when MKL was DA. The climate in Boulder seems different, now. Not so lenient with the new DA in office. Justice was a long time coming for Baby Jason. May he rest in peace.

Vigil being held in Boulder for Molly Midyette after failed bid for new trial
The family and friends of Molly Midyette -- now going by her maiden name of Molly Bowers -- are holding a vigil for Midyette after a Boulder judge denied her bid for a new trial in the death of her newborn baby.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19459872

I never thought I would say this, but I wish those nutjobs from the Westbro Baptist Church would show up. These people have unmitigated gall and should be heckled severely. A vigil indeed. This is a mockery of any vigil held for the lost and missing. There is outrage in the comment section of the Camera regarding the paper still referring to Molly as Midyette, even though she has changed her name back to Bowers. Call the waambulance. This family should change their names to Anthony-that's who they're behaving like.

Vigil being held in Boulder for Molly Midyette after failed bid for new trial
The family and friends of Molly Midyette -- now going by her maiden name of Molly Bowers -- are holding a vigil for Midyette after a Boulder judge denied her bid for a new trial in the death of her newborn baby.

A vigil for a woman who murdered her baby? Speechless.

How about a vigil for the innocent baby. I'm glad the motion for a new trial was not allowed. Even if she was found guilty again, she would still have the luxury of leaving her jail cell everyday, seeing her friends/family, and having the spotlight on her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back