CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-colorado-kidnap-victim-jessica-ridgeway.html
Bench said the FBI agents told her they were also collecting swabs from male residents who live near Jessica’s house, as well as near Pattridge Park, where her body was discovered by a road crew doing clean-up work. “They clearly have DNA coming from somewhere. They wouldn’t put in that much effort if there wasn’t any evidence,” Bench said.
On Oct. 4, the day before Jessica disappeared, two young boys told Arvada police that a man in a white van followed them as they walked home from school. Also, a white man with brown hair in his 20s or 30s driving a blue sedan attempted twice—on Sept. 9 and Sept. 12—to lure elementary-school kids into his car with candy. It was also reported that a suspicious white van was seen in Jessica’s neighborhood of modest two-story homes on the morning of her disappearance.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/17/border-agent-wounded-us-canada-border/1639303/

Ok with the white van from the first article and the white van at the border between Canada and Washington State. He commits the crime in Colorado and splits for Canada because he does not want to get caught. They want to search his van or something so he shoots the guard and himself cause he would rather be dead than do time? Wonder if LE is looking into if this persons DNA matches what they have? JMO

Creepy...

Wonder if LE ever found the perp driving a blue car (somewhere in the greater Denver area) whose photo was taken, sitting in his car, by the mother of a boy who this guy attempted to abduct.

I don't think it's related to Jessica's case, though.

yes, the 18 year old turned himself in to police later that night. And was questioned and released. He was trying to make contact with an ex girlfriend and wanted to talk to the neighborhood kid to ask him to knock on her door for him. That was in Golden.

I would be surprised if someone was abducting children exactly in the same area where Jessica was kidnapped ... everyone is on high alert ... making it that much easier to get caught.

True, but there's already been at least one reported attempted this week.

Plus, more people in Littleton are already on alert. One school changed how it was doing attendance due to parental concern.

I think we'd all like a crystal ball that would tell us when there will be an arrest, what might happen in the meantime, and where. Unfortunately, all we have is the police telling us that person might still be nearby.

O/T?
http://www.mail.com/news/us/1635194-ex-wife-kidnapping-suspect-snapped.html#.7518-stage-hero1-6

(ex-wife) said the case has devastated her and her family, but she is proud of the girl who provided a description that led police to arrest Speer. "If my own daughter ever ended up in that situation, I hope she would be as brave and strong," (ex-wife) said. "It goes beyond whether that was (Speer). I'm just proud of her for being a survivor."
She wrote in her blog that she, her family and their friends hope the police have the wrong man, "but afraid that they do not." She told the AP there were just too many things in the police report that point back to her ex-husband, including the police sketch of the suspect, a photo of the vehicle, and a description of eyeglasses. Then there was the detail that the suspect's car had bottled water strapped to his roof.

"He's the only person in the universe who drives around with a 24-pack of bottled water" strapped to the car, she said. (ex-wife) has filed a restraining order against Speer in the event he is released, and she has asked for sole custody of their children.

So glad most perps are giant idiots. Didn't think that this difference makes you identifiable?? DUMB

Creepy...

Wonder if LE ever found the perp driving a blue car (somewhere in the greater Denver area) whose photo was taken, sitting in his car, by the mother of a boy who this guy attempted to abduct.

I don't think it's related to Jessica's case, though.

The guy in the blue car turned himself in and was questioned extensively before being released. He wasn't trying to abduct the boy, just trying to contact a former girlfriend.

Lol, I know. I would have hated him from the 1st second of meeting him and gotten the heebiejeebies.

Since Bundy is getting some face time here, I would have never seen anything there until it was too late. It would have taken me too long to guess just what that little something was. But everyone loved him, even that Governor Campaign he did. He was just mister nice guy, average looking yuppy wannabe', until Mr. Hyde came out.

I have always said I'm glad he and I never crossed paths because I would have been attracted to him. He was good looking, smart and surely had the gift of gab. I always wonder why serial killer's girlfriends are never harmed, but I guess they are smart enough to avoid being connected in any way and just may take their anger out on other poor victims. ??

I can't remember the guys name, but he was a serial pedo who had done an interview where he talked about how much he loved his children and would have killed anyone that ever touch them the way he had to other children. Maybe people like this just compartmentalize in a very strange way. Just mindblowing.

I'm so scared for children in my community. I have an 11 year old son with some vision and autism issues so we take more caution with him than I did with my older boys who are now adults. I won't say I'm not worried about him but my concern really surrounds the countless children in this community who, for whatever reason, are unattended and left to their own devices so much.

Very true.

It has been known for a long time that the vast majority of soldiers do not shoot to kill when on the battlefield. Only 10% do. And this is after 16 weeks of basic training, in a situation where they know their own life is at stake.

It takes the military a long time to train people to the level where they will predictably shoot to kill when threatened. Over a year. And that is with full time, immersion style training.

While it can't hurt to teach kids not to comply with threats designed to take them somewhere isolated, it won't necessarily help either.

There are three main responses to immediate danger: flight, freeze or fight. The majority of people have either flight or freeze. I only know one person who consistently fights and that is my brother. Ever since he was tiny, when startled he comes around with his fists.

And as I used to joke when he was bugging the heck out of his older sister, he wasn't abused ENOUGH!

No one trained him to fight as his first response, it is just part of who he is.

Yes, Grainne Dhu,

and even though a female...(not sure if gender plays into this), I've always been a natural "fight" since childhood.....according to anyone.... who has ever tried to suddenly wake me up, or say "Boo"... or little brother jumping into my lap while reading...an elbow, or swing, or fist happens before I can even process what just happened....

There were a rash of alleged "abduction attempts" in Iowa too, when Lizzie and Lyric went missing.

Most turned out to be misunderstandings or make believe.

It is important to remember that this sort of crime, the random abductor, is the rarest type and statistically our kids are far more likely to be run over by a bus or drown at the beach.

With a husband that was a handyman and three sons we always had some kind of sawing, sanding and everything else going on in our garage or backyard, even in the evenings. Seems most of the men in our neighborhood did the same thing. Not odd to me.

We also commonly hear the sound of power tools in the evening, from at least one neighbor. We wouldn't question it.

True, but there's already been at least one reported attempted this week.

Plus, more people in Littleton are already on alert. One school changed how it was doing attendance due to parental concern.

I think we'd all like a crystal ball that would tell us when there will be an arrest, what might happen in the meantime, and where. Unfortunately, all we have is the police telling us that person might still be nearby.

The very same thing happened after Lyric and her cousin Elizabeth were abducted in Iowa ... there were abduction attempts everywhere ... in one case, the man was described as wearing a big purple hat and a shiny gold coat ... something like that ... maybe it was big blue eye glasses. Anyway ... lots of fear in the community.

I have always said I'm glad he and I never crossed paths because I would have been attracted to him. He was good looking, smart and surely had the gift of gab. I always wonder why serial killer's girlfriends are never harmed, but I guess they are smart enough to avoid being connected in any way and just may take their anger out on other poor victims. ??

I can't remember the guys name, but he was a serial pedo who had done an interview where he talked about how much he loved his children and would have killed anyone that ever touch them the way he had to other children. Maybe people like this just compartmentalize in a very strange way. Just mindblowing.

Clearly people with these issue do not think in the same manner the majority do.

So glad most perps are giant idiots. Didn't think that this difference makes you identifiable?? DUMB

:giggle: Agreed.

I'm so scared for children in my community. I have an 11 year old son with some vision and autism issues so we take more caution with him than I did with my older boys who are now adults. I won't say I'm not worried about him but my concern really surrounds the countless children in this community who, for whatever reason, are unattended and left to their own devices so much.

Understandable. I would definitely be upset and scared if I lived there, or if something like this happened where I live.

If you are offended by talk of the body pics then please just skip over those posts. Isn't is TOS not to tell others what not to post? This is a grizzly, awful murder. So the means in which it happened are going to come up. There are photos so talk of this is going to come up. It's WS, we talking about EVERYTHING we can think of here. And obviously people begging not to talk about it doesn't work. I see so many people giving warnings to graphic nature and trying to word their thoughts as sensitively as possible. That shows respect to me. I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful here, they are just trying to help. People are different and some people think it is important to know the state of the remains and some people don't. If it concerns you, IMO I think you should just skip over it, don't read the post, don't look at the pic. It's taking up pages of "arguments" that really aren't necessary because it's going to happen anyway. This is conversation on a murder. It's going to be uncomfortable unfortunately.

A 14-year old boy being the victim of this type of abduction (pulling into a car?) sounds very unusual...unless a very small 14-year old boy. Most I see are larger than many adults.

May I please ask a question? Why do they think a sexual offender may have abducted her? Do you know if her autopsy said there was sexual assault?

If you are offended by talk of the body pics then please just skip over those posts. Isn't is TOS not to tell others what not to post? This is a grizzly, awful murder. So the means in which it happened are going to come up. There are photos so talk of this is going to come up. It's WS, we talking about EVERYTHING we can think of here. And obviously people begging not to talk about it doesn't work. I see so many people giving warnings to graphic nature and trying to word their thoughts as sensitively as possible. That shows respect to me. I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful here, they are just trying to help. People are different and some people think it is important to know the state of the remains and some people don't. If it concerns you, IMO I think you should just skip over it, don't read the post, don't look at the pic. It's taking up pages of "arguments" that really aren't necessary because it's going to happen anyway. This is conversation on a murder. It's going to be uncomfortable unfortunately.

I agree; I have refrained from opening any of the links myself, but understand why people are looking at them. This site is for trying to figure out motives, possible suspect characteristics, etc. (IMO) and has many professionals as members. I am relieved that others here have the ability to look at things that I do not.

May I please ask a question? Why do they think a sexual offender may have abducted her? Do you know if her autopsy said there was sexual assault?

I'm sure they know if he did or did not. I doubt if we will know until they make an arrest and charges are brought.

No official word on any sexual assault.
If they do believe a sexual predator is a likely suspect, I would imagine that is partly based on statistics. But I have not heard LE mention the word sexual, myself. (Other than looking at RSO's, as is always done, with any abduction.)

I wonder also why we are just now hearing about this latest attempted abduction in Jeffco. This was around Falcon Bluffs middle school which is by c470 & Kipling. About 20'ish miles from where Jessica was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther