CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally confused just rereading the first section of the rewind. How could her friend J, other kids at school and a teacher who said they saw her at the school (but not in class) all be confused. Did they all confuse the date? If just one person said they saw her at school I'd think nothing of it, but several?????

I agree that that is confusing, too. Since LE seem to be saying she disappeared within the three-block walk (I guess based on her friend's dad saying she never showed up at the park?), they must be discounting all of those as false sightings. I think it is likely that people weren't sure if they had seen her, since there was no reason to notice before realizing she was missing.

Personally, I was very surprised that the 10-year-old friend could FORGET that she hadn't shown up to walk with him on the morning of the day she disappeared, when asked later that same day. I would think details of the morning would be pretty clear, and a 10-year-old is not a 4-year-old. Nevertheless, as I said before, LE does not seem bothers by any of this, so they must have their reasons!!

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Who knows the history there. JR may have met up with this boy to walk occasionally when the timing worked out. Maybe she often changed plans. Maybe the dad was thinking about work and just needed to get his kid to school. He waited for a bit then assumed she was running late and her mom would get her there on that cold morning. Was there ever any clarification on who JR spoke with that morning; the dad or the boy? Not to say that dads don't care but I know as a mom I would be more likely to feel the need to follow up on another person's child than my husband would.

I think that the perp knew Jessica walked alone at least part of the way and bided his time before taking her. The long weekend was opportune for some reason. Probably because he had a house to himself. I hope LE is revisiting every house and every man on her path to school. Also asking if anyone was having fence or roof or any kind of outdoor work done during the last month. Someone working at a house along JRs route to school could have targeted her.

RBBM: The rewind says that Jessica asked the dad if his son was going to walk to school.

Who knows the history there. JR may have met up with this boy to walk occasionally when the timing worked out. Maybe she often changed plans. Maybe the dad was thinking about work and just needed to get his kid to school. He waited for a bit then assumed she was running late and her mom would get her there on that cold morning. Was there ever any clarification on who JR spoke with that morning; the dad or the boy? Not to say that dads don't care but I know as a mom I would be more likely to feel the need to follow up on another person's child than my husband would.

I think that the perp knew Jessica walked alone at least part of the way and bided his time before taking her. The long weekend was opportune for some reason. Probably because he had a house to himself. I hope LE is revisiting every house and every man on her path to school. Also asking if anyone was having fence or roof or any kind of outdoor work done during the last month. Someone working at a house along JRs route to school could have targeted her.

It was said that she spoke with the father. I agree there could be a history of her changing plans that could account for the casual attitude, but she did call to confirm...

JMO

In the rewind, the Sarge asks about the route Jessica takes. The answer is that she goes from her house and goes across open space. (We're not allowed to quote from downstairs so I am paraphrasing. So if you're confused by my abbreviation check the oft listed rewind link.)

Now, look at our nurse's map. Is there any open space out Jessica's front door or maybe her back door?

I wish I had never read the scanner stuff, as it makes this so confusing...I can't understand more than one person was mixed up :(

I don't mean to change the subject but today I read about a 19 year old in May 2012, from Westminster was arrested for stealing & animal abuse of hamsters (small animals the article said too) at a Petsmart where he was working at. He said he was giving them to his friends but also admitted he pinched one of them & that he had swung one in the air by it's leg? Now that's scary, talk about overpowering something by strength & size, that's overkill. That to me is odd & sick. Who pinches a hamster?

Please don't misunderstand any of my questions. I'm not trying to make anyone at all seem suspicious. I'm just wondering if I may have been wrong in my initial thoughts that Jessica walked out her front door to go 10 houses up to the park to meet her friend. I'm wondering if she might have, instead, taken another route to her friend's house.

I think I may have just presumed the wrong meeting place?

I wish I had never read the scanner stuff, as it makes this so confusing...I can't understand more than one person was mixed up :(

I know, right!!!? But it just kept bugging me so much I had to ask if anyone else could make it all fit together.

If the cases are connected, maybe this is someone who jogs/walks (or leers at people) on trails. There is a trail at Mayfair Park that runs beside Witt Elementary School. Jessica would have crossed the trail just as she and her friends were finishing walking the foot trail on the field that leads to the elementary school. There is also a trail at the Pattridge Open Space but I was not able to determine what type of trail it is.

Pattridge Park has two main trails. One is a lightly used dirt track that runs the entire length of the park and passes near where the body was found.
picture.php

The second was built only a few weeks ago. The Leyden Creek Trail that goes from just West of Leyden and connects with the Spring Mesa and Eldorado neighborhoods to the South.

I keep reading and rereading the rewind post from the scanner thread because it seems so confusing about so many important facts to me.

Every single time I read it I come away believing that Jessica's friend and his father left from their home to take him to school ~ rather than the park. The friend originally states they walked to school together and it is ultimately recanted by the correction of his father. The remaining statements of the father, son and LE indicate that father and son left from their home. LE even says to ask the dad what time he took his son to school; what time they left the house.

Besides, if the father and son were sitting in a vehicle 10 (or so) houses down from Jessica's house why would they drive to the school without first making a 20 second drive down the street first to check on her. As a matter of fact, why would they be that close to her house in a vehicle and choose to "meet" her a few houses down rather than just plain picking her up at her doorstep?

I remain confused and fuzzbumbled!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Anyone else?

BBM. Me, too. Especially on this issue. Has anyone heard if that father was cleared?

Please don't misunderstand any of my questions. I'm not trying to make anyone at all seem suspicious. I'm just wondering if I may have been wrong in my initial thoughts that Jessica walked out her front door to go 10 houses up to the park to meet her friend. I'm wondering if she might have, instead, taken another route to her friend's house.

I think I may have just presumed the wrong meeting place?

I don't think you have made a mistake in that. It has been reported repeatedly that she was walking three blocks to meet her friends at the park so they could walk to school together. That seems to be the official story that we have heard, without contradiction from LE.

I'm sure I'm way out there on this and hopefully already ruled out but... The morning she disappeared she was supposed to meet her male friend to walk with ( I read usually his older brother too). She called to confirm that he would still walk wit her. Why would the dad who ended up taking his son to school (her friend) not drive back the couple of blocks to see where she was? I would have! Not blaming just think it's odd.

I think most moms would have done that. I would have called the child or her parents and asked why she never showed up. And driven her route to check on her. But fathers do not always think that way, in my experience. My husband probably wouldnt have driven backwards to check on her. He probably would have assumed that she got a last minute ride or got side tracked somehow.

I am sure this poor father feels HORRIBLE about how it happened that morning. I feel really awful for him. Lots of times kids call and say ' wait for me' and then they flake out. So it is hard to really blame him, imo.

Also he has sons and not daughters, so he probably does not automatically think someone took his kid. he probably thinks they just changed plans with no check in call.

BBM. Me, too. Especially on this issue. Has anyone heard if that father was cleared?

The only people I have heard were cleared are the family (presumably meaning the parents and relatives who lived with or near Jessica). No one else has been mentioned. BUT LE seems to be talking about a stranger in their profiles and requests for tips. If they have any suspicions about him, they are holding their cards super close to the vest.

JMO

I don't think you have made a mistake in that. It has been reported repeatedly that she was walking three blocks to meet her friends at the park so they could walk to school together. That seems to be the official story that we have heard, without contradiction from LE.

Then, with what we know from the rewind, what are we to think, Etilema? Can you make any sense of how we can believe both? I've been trying to correlate the two and have been unsuccessful for the last couple of days. (I ruminate like a cow, I guess.)

It was said that she spoke with the father. I agree there could be a history of her changing plans that could account for the casual attitude, but she did call to confirm...

JMO

So true. And I'm sure LE has gone through the phone records, texts, messages, and internet history of anyone connected in any way. Thank Homeland Security for that...:)

Do the possibly related cases also happen during warm weather?

Rewind of the scanner. If you have a paid account with Radio Reference (scanner online) you can rewind what was said. I think it's $15 for 3 months & $30 for the year or 6 months. Sometimes several people can listen to a scanner & several people can either miss something due to the person speaking or whatever so you can rewind to catch what you miss. hth.

It's very helpful, even if you didn't hear the orginal missing person call, you could rewind to that day and time to listen to it.

I'm sure I'm way out there on this and hopefully already ruled out but... The morning she disappeared she was supposed to meet her male friend to walk with ( I read usually his older brother too). She called to confirm that he would still walk wit her. Why would the dad who ended up taking his son to school (her friend) not drive back the couple of blocks to see where she was? I would have! Not blaming just think it's odd.

My guess is he drove his son to that park en route to work, and in fact may have been running late because of waiting for Jessica. As for why he didn't make a phone call, it's hard to say...without more information I don't feel that any of us are in a position to judge that. We don't know how formal that arrangement was, how reliable Jessica was about getting there on time, or any number of factors that may have contributed to that decision. He may have simply taken the attitude that she wasn't his child and therefore wasn't his responsibility, which seems to be the norm, unfortunately- How many times have we heard about children dying from abuse, only to find out many in the community knew of it but never called authorities because they didn't want to get involved?

The important thing to keep in mind is that this man was without a doubt one of the first people LE looked at during the investigation, and it appears they ruled him out since they have stated on record that they believe this to be a stranger abduction. Whether his decision not to follow up that morning was the result of indifference, oversight, or something else entirely-it is probably one that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Then, with what we know from the rewind, what are we to think, Etilema? Can you make any sense of how we can believe both? I've been trying to correlate the two and have been unsuccessful for the last couple of days. (I ruminate like a cow, I guess.)

Looking at the map re the scanner references to 'open spaces' and '106' they seem to be talking about the end of her route, after she would have reached Chelsea Park. There is open space between 106 and the school.

Pattridge Park has two main trails. One is a lightly used dirt track that runs the entire length of the park and passes near where the body was found.
picture.php

The second was built only a few weeks ago. The Leyden Creek Trail that goes from just West of Leyden and connects with the Spring Mesa and Eldorado neighborhoods to the South.

Is the WM truck still parked along the road whre Jessica's remains were found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500