CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's true, either, but I hope so, for her sake. Maybe the autopsy would give a clue.

I guess that makes sense. Horrible to think, but maybe when they find the 2nd crime scene (dad's house?) they will discover more?

were they perhaps working? it happened during a school day/morning/day of the week.

I bet he missed a class that day (again just a guess)

I haven't had a chance to really study the map yet but why was he out then? on his way to the CC he was reportedly attending for a class? (live news said Arapahoe CC)

aren't they still looking for the 2nd crime scene?

It would certainly be an interesting thing if the cross is what got him caught. A bit of help from above? The most terrifying thing about the cross to me are the three marks. Could they represent past crimes? 'Notches in his gun'?

At this news link, look at the video over in the sidebar to the right, which refers to AS making a full confession.

There are 4 or 5 kids interviewed who knew him. One young man, interviewed among a crowd at a Jessica memorial site, is quite emotional. He says that AS was never quite normal and would talk to himself.

Two girls seem to know AS pretty well. They appear very shaken. They explain about him attending the other school while in high school, and the community college. He was studying forensics and mortuary science.

Another girl says he was "infatuated with death."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...est-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation/

Video thumbnail in sidebar.

After hearing all of this, it makes me wonder why more people weren't onto this kid. He lived in the area. He talked to himself. Obsessed with death. Into mortuary science, etc... Didn't this crime have all the tell-tale signs? Didn't more people recognize that cross he wore?? You would think all of these things would have people calling in tips left and right!!!

After watching the video it breaks my heart even more. His dad was trying to do something positive for the kids in the community and all the while, his own son.... Words are failing me. :(

From the info in the article linked above, it sounds like the father maybe should have concentrated on cleaning up his own act. He had a history of arrests for assault, domestic violence, DUIs, drugs, etc.

Has the Judge in the James Holmes case done anything out of the ordinary to limit the public's info? I thought because of the high profile nature of that, it was. Wondering if the same would happen here.

I'm sorry, I've no idea. Haven't really followed the Holmes case, I just know this individual is being tried as an adult and not a juvenile.

Still of him wearing a cross from youtube.

I don't think this is high rez enough to call it for sure.

Attachments

• cross.png
    cross.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 133
I think he would have; I think LE was onto him. I think he broke down to his Mom because he knew they were close or his Mom noticed a change in his behavior. Either way, Le continued to ask for tips; they kept the case in the spotlight. I can't wait to hear what evidence they do have. I also wonder if he would have re-offended; I think he would have.

Thankful that Mom is safe. Happy to see a parent do the right thing.

Hopefully, cases like the one last week where the son was driving around with the remains of his mother will force more parents to stop enabling and protecting monsters.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question? They just arrested this guy to get his DNA. They will run it now to see if it is a match to the crime scene(s) where it was obtained.

Posters have stated that Colorado swabs every person arrested for a felony and that the state also uses familial DNA in searches.

Since there was no hit in the Colorado system, I'm wondering if Sigg's father's DNA has even been added to the database yet.

Rest in Peace Jessica.
We will all hug our kids a little tighter and sleep a little sounder tonight.

Okay am I right in thinking that for most of us, this could be our son????

This is the first time for most, that we have faced an evil killer we could easily have given birth to?

:what:

No....

His behavior seems to be of a "seasoned" psycopath. He is only 17.

were they perhaps working? it happened during a school day/morning/day of the week.

I bet he missed a class that day (again just a guess)

I haven't had a chance to really study the map yet but why was he out then? on his way to the CC he was reportedly attending for a class? (live news said Arapahoe CC)
ICBW, but I think they reported that Mom was a single parent at this point...

DNA and crime scenes studied at his alternative HS:
his friend found his class project odd:
different situations of decomposing rats! in ice, dirt etc...!
his fingerprint is on their class project board!

this was just on 9newscast

Reading the family background with the father who sounds like a real loser, dui's and domestic violence as well as fraud crimes gives us some insight into his home life.

I really feel for his mom, trying to raise two boys on her own, dealing with the recent bankruptcy etc. She was probably working long hours to make ends meet which gave him extra time in the home with Jessica for his horrid fantasies.

He has hurt so many people, why oh why do kids reach this level of desensitization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15