CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, housekeeping. Our mods work hard here. It'll be back in no time.

I need to do some housekeeping of my own but the longest I can stay away from here for is just to refresh the page! (with the exception of sleep).
Well done to our mods :)

Jungle is out there (means, CO).....and possibly everywhere else, unfortinately (means, in USA and around the world)...our childrens are growing-up in virtual reality thanks to Internet, TV, games, texting...and busy schedule of the parents who needs to work very hard to be able to accomodate their childrens with all these luxury...including, providing pretty good car to 17 year old who doesn't work yet....!!!! World is really changing....toward JUNGLE. jmo

http://www.examiner.com/article/aus...way-predator-and-prey-it-s-a-jungle-out-there

Eileen730--been thinking about that case you mentioned on the last thread for a couple of days now, Alyssa Bustamonte. I believe she got life with the possibility of parole.

In one of my posts, I said that there are quite a few juveniles who committed murder, who said:

they wanted to know what it felt like.

A list could be made.

I remember reading her post online about it. I think that will haunt me forever! Wow, I don't even have the words for that case, just like this one.

I'm wondering what dad's net worth is. The media is able to find that information for the rich and famous all the time, so they need to get digging.

some people in the last thread were talking about whether AS might have had access to other vehicles. Didn't someone say that his fathers house had a 15 car garage? And I think his Dad was out of town a lot. So I bet he had chances to 'borrow' vehicles from his dad's house.

That doesn't sound so much like a garage to me as a warehouse! I mean, I've seen car dealerships that couldn't fit in that many cars

Off topic but I couldn't resist.

I refresh wash a sinkfull of dishes, rinse and put in the dishdrain, come back, read, post, refresh, the go do another sinkfull, lol.

Lather, rinse,repeat :crazy:

Has anyone suspected bath salts? People who use them do some freaky sh#t. I just found out an acquaintance of mine is using them and turning into a freak. It's really common now as they don't show up in a drug test and no way of knowing. If you're semi freaky anyway, it would be easy to get into this stuff.

Thanks! Yes, a viewer and infrequent poster. It takes me awhile to come out of my shell? I also have a toddler. I think of stuff to say but by the time I get a chance to post I am pages and pages (sometimes threads) behind or someone else beat me to it.

bbm: OMG... it's like you've been reading my diary! LOL :)

Eileen730--been thinking about that case you mentioned on the last thread for a couple of days now, Alyssa Bustamonte. I believe she got life with the possibility of parole.

In one of my posts, I said that there are quite a few juveniles who committed murder, who said:

A list could be made.

Yes she could get out on parole!
she wanted to know what it felt like to kill.
Poor Elizabeth!

bbm: OMG... it's like you've been reading my diary! LOL :)

I'm gonna think of all kinds of interesting things to say and ask but my toddler is up and I will be back later tonight. See everyone on what? Thread #34? : )
^^^That's me being funny. Or not.

Has anyone suspected bath salts? People who use them do some freaky sh#t. I just found out an acquaintance of mine is using them and turning into a freak. It's really common now as they don't show up in a drug test and no way of knowing. If you're semi freaky anyway, it would be easy to get into this stuff.

Excuse me for sounding dumb but... Using them how? :waitasec:

O/T but here is a link of a news article where it even states what she wrote in her diary about it. Sick.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15538798

Anyway,
Has there been any word yet on a Funeral for little Jessica?

I haven't heard anything but I wonder if they are waiting for more of Jessica's remains to be recovered. (which, as a mother, I can't even imagine dealing with)

A list could be made.

Someone posted in response that some of those statements could be due to just being adolescent and not having the insight or words to describe what was going on in their minds.

I think that could be true in some cases.

I looked up Alicia's case:

Bustamante had been charged with first-degree murder and by pleading guilty to the lesser charges she avoided a trial and the possibility of spending her life in an adult prison with no chance of release.

Could that happen here?

BTW, Alicia murdered Elizabeth in October 2009, and she was convicted in February 2012. That's almost THREE years...and read the quote above: "She avoided a trial". So it will probably be 2015-2016 before Austin's trial.

Someone posted in response that some of those statements could be due to just being adolescent and not having the insight or words to describe what was going on in their minds.

I think that could be true in some cases.

yes, it's a very simplistic statement. with Alyssa, she had too much anger. family life and personal history of abuse, abandonment, drugs, massive depression, cutting, etc, and a high dose of prozac that she self prescribed.

a thrill kill is never just a thrill kill. the feeling of thrill is b/c the other feelings are so repressed it takes something that actually touches the depth of anger or pain to elicit a response enough that the killer actually feels something beyond their own deadened emotional capacity.

in this sick sense, it is the killer's way of trying to live and allow their inner life and feelings an outlet. it's an attempt to feel whole and healthy. like people who use drugs & alcohol to self medicate and feel something besides anger and hurt. it's dysfunctional and unhealthy and dangerous but it's an attempt on the perp's part to feel alive. a very deep primal instinct amidst some serious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500