CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I just got home from work a bit ago and have been reading for just a bit and I wanted send my prayers out to Jessica and her loved ones. This is such a sad situation for Jessica's family and for the community. I was so hoping that it wasn't her body they found. I've been reading about some excellent ideas of what parents and the community can do about getting the kids to and from school safely. Here in my community the schools have after school programs where the kids stay at the school until an adult picks them up and its free. They even have staff that sticks around to help kids with their homework if they need it and they have lots of activities for the kids. All the elementary and junior high schools here have a program and it is sponsored by the YMCA. When I was a kid our churches had activities for the kids every night with adult supervision. My mom is in assisted living and they have groups of school kids that come in and do activities with the seniors a couple of time a week after school and on days the kids are off for in service days and they always have adult supervision. Not only do the kids love it but the seniors love interacting with the kids. Its kind of like adopt a grandparent. Prayer's for Jessica and her loved ones.

My prayers go out to the family and friends of Jessica.

A few weeks ago, my son decided he did not want to ride the bus. He is 8. Thank God I didn't find out he was missing until he was found. It started to look like rain so he went inside of a doctors office and they called the school. The principal drove him home, my husband was getting reading to get in the truck to go to the school because he didn't get off the bus, when they pulled up. The school did call when they realized he walked, but I work 3rd shift and was asleep. my husband was cutting the grass. (maybe, a blessing in deguse since I don't what i would of done if i got that call)

I usually don't involve my son in the stories about missing kids on TV but, this one i did. I made him sit down and watch the coverage about finding her. I explained to him that is why he was grounded for a week and lost bus for the rest of year. There is just too many crazy people out there.

I still don't know how he got out of the school to walk.

I have the creeps reading other people's concerns about "someone" watching. I have my theory, not really sure what to think.

Good golly it is 1:45am. Why am I still awake?!

Not on this monitor- it's older than my youngest kid! I'm scanning..please enlighten me...

Have you ever seen a still shot as taken from a surveillance video/cam? Like the type when someone was in line in a store check-out?

The more I magnify, the grainier it gets. So I can't distinguish the actual surroundings to be certain where he is. But the man is front and center!
Why show a still shot of a man on that monitor? Only one reason I can think of.
JMO. I'd love for someone with better equipment to weigh in.

Interesting. Found an RSO with last known address on Moore Circle, right near Jessica's house. Doesn't say what he was convicted of.

google his name... look for a result on a website called cheezo.org... the info is there ;)

In the UK, sex offenders are placed on the Sex Offenders Register, even if they have not been convicted of offending, providing there is reasonable evidence they have potential to offend. They are obliged to disclose their full details, including bank accounts on initial registration and from then on must inform LE of any changes of address or vehicle, trips out of the country and must meet annually with police to confirm their details.

Could someone please explain for me how this works in the US? Does is work in a similar way to the UK, apart from the information is made available to the general public.

Reason for asking - I found a site with mugshots of loads (around 100 maybe) of unregistered sex offenders in the Denver area alone - what is an unregistered sex offender?

I have the creeps reading other people's concerns about "someone" watching. I have my theory, not really sure what to think.

Good golly it is 1:45am. Why am I still awake?!

time to learn how to scan !

Ugh, if it is his birthday was last Sunday:(
A multiple offender...

I edited my post to remove his info. Looks like its the wrong house. Please remove your quote of me. Thanks.

Reason for asking - I found a site with mugshots of loads (around 100 maybe) of unregistered sex offenders in the Denver area alone - what is an unregistered sex offender?

Probably ones convicted before a law was passed. In my state- if they were convicted before a certain year- they do not have to register

unregistered = those appealing their classification or those who failed to register with local LE

(i think)

google his name... look for a result on a website called cheezo.org... the info is there ;)
Nice theory, but it didn't work. I'm sure the information is there somewhere, but not with the names I got on the Colorado registry. But I haven't been able to access the Colorado registry for about an hour, so maybe they are doing something with it.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member