CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish something would break on this case! Even if Kayleah left on her own accord, I believe someone would have had some contact with her... friends, family, etc...
She can't just vanish! Maybe LE could 'roust' up some more support by releasing one more tidbit of info they may be holding close to the vest...
JMO

Please keep Kayleah in your thought and prayers!

Unfortunately people can just simply vanish. All it takes is an isolated area with no security cameras and then we have no real idea what happened to them. :(
What I think is terrible is the lack of coverage-especially locally. The general lack of awareness. I moved here from Dallas last year, and when a child went missing there it was like a media frenzy. Pictures up everywhere, news covering it for several days. It was hard to go unnoticed or forgotten, especially in the first week or two. It bothers me it isn't the same here.

Too many possible runaway comments early on in this case, IMO, whether they were true or even actually said, some by family members or attributed to them. That makes a certain part of the brain turn off, in lots of otherwise caring people...unfortunate but true, IMO.

Too many possible runaway comments early on in this case, IMO, whether they were true or even actually said, some by family members or attributed to them. That makes a certain part of the brain turn off, in lots of otherwise caring people...unfortunate but true, IMO.

I agree completely! Especially in this case. Every article I read mentioned her dad in California and that was probably her destination - her stepfather brought it up for days. I can see why mom would rather think 'runaway' - abducted is really scary. Don't know what the solution might be. moo

In that same vein, I just saw this post on FB. Very odd thing to say-totally implying she is a runaway:

"Kayleah, if you see these messages wouldn't it be nice to tell your mom Happy Birthday! The best present she could receive is for you to tell her Happy Birthday in person."

?

Actually... that is an excellent post. I hope she sees it! Whatever the problem(s) was/were - time heals old wounds.

Praying for Kayleah's safe return!

I live in Greeley, and we honestly had really less than a week of media attention for this. It makes me sick. She disappeared on a Sunday and I don't think it hit the paper until Weds or even Thursday. Then Thurs or Friday the FBI came to town - Friday and that first weekend were abuzz. Mon or Tues the following week things died off and it is nearly silent now.
Also, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think mom talked to the media more than about 15 seconds. Between the complete silence for the first few days and the nearly total family silence, I guess that is why the media has allowed it to dry up also.
Today I drove about 2 miles along 23rd Avenue right past the mall - the big main street that Kayleah must have crossed to get to the mall. NO FLYERS in sight. I saw a few last night about a mile to the west, and some that are torn (like 4 in a row for 4 blocks) about 1/2 mile S of the area. I will try to get some out In the mall area this weekend.

I live in Greeley, and we honestly had really less than a week of media attention for this. It makes me sick. She disappeared on a Sunday and I don't think it hit the paper until Weds or even Thursday. Then Thurs or Friday the FBI came to town - Friday and that first weekend were abuzz. Mon or Tues the following week things died off and it is nearly silent now.
Also, Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think mom talked to the media more than about 15 seconds. Between the complete silence for the first few days and the nearly total family silence, I guess that is why the media has allowed it to dry up also.
Today I drove about 2 miles along 23rd Avenue right past the mall - the big main street that Kayleah must have crossed to get to the mall. NO FLYERS in sight. I saw a few last night about a mile to the west, and some that are torn (like 4 in a row for 4 blocks) about 1/2 mile S of the area. I will try to get some out In the mall area this weekend.

bbm

That is not good. I think the family is going to have to keep Kayleah's face out there.

In that same vein, I just saw this post on FB. Very odd thing to say-totally implying she is a runaway:

"Kayleah, if you see these messages wouldn't it be nice to tell your mom Happy Birthday! The best present she could receive is for you to tell her Happy Birthday in person."

?

Thank you for posting this!!

I know it is certainly possible that K did run away... but I am having such a hard time believing that at this stage in the game. Like cakegirl said- unfortunately someone can just vanish... Seems really unlikely to me that this girl vanished like this as a run-away. Maybe if she went to a big city, and no one has recognized her, and she hasn't contacted any of her friends, and she didn't take anything with her? And a long time to be gone without even making a "call and hang up" to home... JMO
Trying not to lose hope here....

Thank you for posting this!!

I know it is certainly possible that K did run away... but I am having such a hard time believing that at this stage in the game. Like cakegirl said- unfortunately someone can just vanish... Seems really unlikely to me that this girl vanished like this as a run-away. Maybe if she went to a big city, and no one has recognized her, and she hasn't contacted any of her friends, and she didn't take anything with her? And a long time to be gone without even making a "call and hang up" to home... JMO
Trying not to lose hope here....

This bothers me too, that there has been no attempted contact. :( I think the family believed that she ran away in the beginning, from the statements mom made, and the fact mom never pleaded to a third person (someone who took Kayleah against her will) and what her FB friends and family have posted.

If Kayleahs intentions were to run away, someone else has to be involved. I'm wondering if she met someone that gained her trust, maybe even talked her into it... but that the family wasn't aware of. Someone on the outsided "fringes" of her life if that makes sense. Like a person that worked at the mall or hung out at the mall or someone she met at the library? Mabye someone was watching her and offered her a ride, she may have recognized this person from the mall or wherever, thought it was okay? Or someone who gained her trust and convinced her to leave without her belongings? As crazy as that sounds! Who knows! I just can't believe she did this on her own. She's 12 w/a family, a home and an younger brother,she has to be homesick! If she did run away, she is unable to get away at this point.

If she was abducted...would she have willingly gotten into a car with a stranger, even if she was being offered a ride? I don't believe so. But she may have gotten into a car w/someone she thought she knew or recognized, but didn't realize she could trust. If she was forced into a vehicle wouldn't there be a struggle, something someone would notice. So many questions...:banghead: moo

Still praying for you Kayleah.

I would think that when the Laura (?) group was there, they would have spoken to Kayleah's family about how to keep her face and name in front of the media? Isn't that a part of what these groups usually do for families? I am not sure. But trying to romance the media does not come naturally to most people and if they have not had advice, they probably could use some. If Kayleah's mom's birthday is coming up, that can be the angle perhaps to interest a kind-hearted reporter...but they have to keep making attempts, in one way or another.

We MUST find Kayleah! It is imperative that we find her and that we send a message to our own children that we will not stop until they are found. That as a community of loving people, we will pray or volunteer, or do whatever we can.[/I]

Well said. :)

Praying for Kayleah, I don't know what to think, have searched so many places and I know saturday we posted flyer's behind where she lives and all through the apts. and local businesses, there were 5 in our group and I know we were all frustrated because they have us canvasing the same places. My husband and I have been looking in remote areas all over it is like there is no since of urgency and it is really upsetting me. My son lives very close to the apts. where she was to be going, and I want to just sit there for a few days and check things out but I am leaving until sunday to go visit my mom who is so weak from chemo again. If they do not come up with anything this weekend I think I will try to do that. Very little media coverage now, such small amount helping with searches, something just not right with it all and it is really bugging me. She is 12 yrs. old. I will be posting flyer's in Wyoming when I go to Thermopolis. Please keep praying for some direction.

If Kayleah's mom's birthday is coming up, that can be the angle perhaps to interest a kind-hearted reporter...but they have to keep making attempts, in one way or another.

Good idea. Quite a few times I've emailed the local tv news sending Kudos when they covered Kayleah and questioned when they weren't, so they are probably just hitting the delete button when they see my name at this point. But it would be great to see another plea for someone who saw something to come forward. Maybe even specifically talking to people who were not at the mall but in the area. We come into Greeley to eat at those restaurants quite often on Sundays and it is busy. Perkins and Red Lobster have windows, diners may have seen something. Maybe someone staying at one of the hotels along 29th. Lots of traffic on 23rd, especially people going to and from Walmart. National news also, just in case she is not in the area or someone from out of town in the area saw something.

It’s been three weeks since Kayleah Wilson disappeared on the way to a birthday party in Greeley, Colorado on March 28, 2010. Search parties and volunteers have combed rivers, ponds, ditches, and conducted door to door searches, yet the clues are slim and the search has slowed.

Over the weekend, rain hindered another search for Kayleah and the search ended at 2:30 p.m., as rain continued to fall. The search has even gone to social media networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook. Anyone who has tips or information regarding Kayleah’s whereabouts or the events surrounding her disappearance is urged to report the tip.

According to the Greeley Police Department http://greeleygov.com/Police/default.aspx there is nothing to indicate that Kayleah Wilson ran away, while at the same time there is no evidence that indicates she was abducted or that foul play was involved. Police are relying on the public’s help to locate Kayleah and the FBI has offered a $20,000 reward.
http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amb...g-children-cases-Kayleah-Wilson-still-missing

12yo Kayleah has now been missing 25 nights!

Justice for Kayleah - let's bring her home!

25 nights and 25 days....a human being....gone! Poof! Unbelievable but true. But solveable for sure. She is somewhere..and someone knows where. Keep praying for discernment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab