CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me a really quick recap of what's going on?

Kayleah Wilson age 12 went missing March 28, 2010, walking to a birthday party.

It was first thought she ran away

Video surveillance showed her at Greely mall the day she disappeared.

Many searches took place, no sign of her

This morning at 6am a guy found a body in a drainage ditch.

It is 1/2 mile from Kayleah's home

It is possible it is Kayleah

the found a body .5 miles from Kayleahs home...to badly decomposed to id have to do dentals but appears to be the right size ect... The body was naked no clothing. a ditch rider was opening a gate and found the body but he also checks that ditch every day so assuming with the rain in the last 2 days it moved her there...still waiting on more info

OH NO, my prayers are for the poor dear little child and her family. I had no idea when I posted what I did about cadaver dogs that this might happen. May the person who did this be caught quickly.

Do we have any locals onboard that are familiar with the ditches in Greeley ?

I don't know much about autopsies, but it seems SO fast-is it? I just don't want them to miss evidence. Any opinions on if it is fast for an autopsy?

One of the articles said the body was removed at 10:00am, so I don't think it was that fast.

I don't know much about autopsies, but it seems SO fast-is it? I just don't want them to miss evidence. Any opinions on if it is fast for an autopsy?

Thanks cakegirl; I was just about to ask the same question. It does seems very, very fast.

I know there have been a few people on here who helped search- maybe they have 1st hand knowledge?

One of the articles said the body was removed at 10:00am, so I don't think it was that fast.

Yes, 4 hrs is common. It's surprising that they might release info so quickly though.

My DH might be able to help with specific questions later tonight. I briefly told him what I knew over lunch and he mentioned playing with his friends in that general area as a child. He talked about the gates on the holes that go from the pipes to the actual ditches. I don't know if he knows about this specific ditch but I will sure ask him anything you want to know. :)

I know some were putting up flyers. I think Roni is one. Where are you?

I am just outside of Grand Junction, CO about 284 miles away from Greeley ... :)

Yes, 4 hrs is common. It's surprising that they might release info so quickly though.

It just seems fast because so often it takes them a week or two before the public hears anything. Often it's just that they waited that long to release the info. has nothing to do with the actual autopsy itself, but the GP has been led to believe they take that long.

My DH might be able to help with specific questions later tonight. I briefly told him what I knew over lunch and he mentioned playing with his friends in that general area as a child. He talked about the gates on the holes that go from the pipes to the actual ditches. I don't know if he knows about this specific ditch but I will sure ask him anything you want to know. :)

That is how it is here too since they put a bunch of our canals in pipe, there are certain places where there are grates over holes where you can see the canals....

Sorry didn't mean to forget you. What are you hearing on the news?

So far nothing I have local news coming on at 6:00 I will update if they say anything ....

I know there have been a few people on here who helped search- maybe they have 1st hand knowledge?

Fox31 person states she lives right where the body was found and where her neighbors and her son had searched. She says that it runs under 34 to the northside of 34. The body was found on the southend of 34 by the south of the cementery. The body actually could have been carried right in front of her house.

I feel terrible for Mike this wait is killing him right now, being so far away in Cali makes it even worse. Just absolutely terrible for the entire family, of course, but become friends via facebook with mike in the beginning of this ordeal and realized what a great guy he is. I am heartsick about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01