CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what sort of mother makes her children move out of her home so she can have a relationship with a registered sex offender? It is obvious this young man's mother has a twisted view of what being a mother entails.

That's rotten on so many levels, but on the other hand, if a mom's insistent on being with a sex offender, it's better than keeping the kids there to be molested and abused. The lesser of two evils. How many kids do we see throughout the forum abused by SOs in the home as mom's bf?

Montoya's mother wanted to develop a relationship with a sex offender so she asked both her children to move out!

Robert was friends with brother Wilson and moved in with the family.
We don't know where the sister moved except, if she had moved in with the Wilsons it would have been mentioned in the affidavit.

Robert moved in with the Wilsons and he found Kayleah a vulnerable little girl - one he could groom, manipulate, and have sex with. MOO

Mom Wilson was told in December that a sexual relationship wasn't happening..
In January Robert M. admitted to having sex with Kayleah and was immediately asked to leave.

He admitted to seeing her again and again, peered through her middle school windows and hid in bushes to see her. Robert was caught with Kayleah in a shut down used car lot. UUUgg.

Kayleah disappeared on a Sunday afternoon while supposedly walking to a birthday party. She was found murdered and thrown in a ditch/drainage pipe a couple months later.

IMO we can't talk about Robert as being anything but a pedophile who raped and stalked a child and got away with it.

When caught peering through Kayleah's middle school windows, she called him a 'freaken stalker' - he wasn't arrested for harassment or stalking and yet, he was caught on school grounds. moo

He groomed mom and brother Wilson so he could be welcome in their home. Pedophiles do this well. Turns out Robert had easy access to Kayleah in all her walks of life in Greeley. Where oh where was Kayleah supposed to go for help? She was trapped in the worst way. What a horrible ending for a 12yo who loved Ireland, pancakes, church, and Celtic music. moo all my opinions and all that stuff

It really looks to me like after the February incident that Kayleah was done with him. He admits himself that she called him a stalker and told him to leave her alone. But he kept it up - hiding in the bushes etc.

Which leads me to wonder about Kayleah ending up not only murdered, but naked.

Was she rebuffing him from February on, and it made him more and more angry?

ETA:
- RM rejected by his mother in Oct and kicked out of the house for a sex offender - ouch!
- RM rejected by Kayleah's mother 1st week in Jan and kicked out of the house - ouch!
- RM rejected by Kayleah and called a freaken stalker and she tells him to leave her alone -ouch!

3 rejections by females in a relatively short period of time. I'll bet he was one very angry young man.

In the affidavit the Mom says she did begin to find Kayleah and the guy alone to-gether in a bedroom, in December. Red Flag!

http://www.9news.com/pdfs/Montoya_affidavit.pdf

In the October video that was posted on the AW's webpage, it looked like he and KW were coming out of a room together. I think that they had been alone in a bedroom together before December.

At any rate, what we find in this case and so many others is that parents fail kids over and over.

I feel badly for AW...but if there's anything that we as parents can learn from this, it's to trust your intuitions when it comes to your children and put your foot down immediately.

It really looks to me like after the February incident that Kayleah was done with him. He admits himself that she called him a stalker and told him to leave her alone. But he kept it up - hiding in the bushes etc.

Which leads me to wonder about Kayleah ending up not only murdered, but naked.

Was she rebuffing him from February on, and it made him more and more angry?

ETA:
- RM rejected by his mother in Oct and kicked out of the house for a sex offender - ouch!
- RM rejected by Kayleah's mother 1st week in Jan and kicked out of the house - ouch!
- RM rejected by Kayleah and called a freaken stalker and she tells him to leave her alone -ouch!

3 rejections by females in a relatively short period of time. I'll bet he was one very angry young man.

Excellent insight BeanE. And, if he was abused when little, that would be more rejection by a mom who failed to protect him. moo

I keep forgetting that Kayleah was found naked - Guess that's his one last attempt for power and control.

In the affidavit the Mom says she did begin to find Kayleah and the guy alone to-gether in a bedroom, in December. Red Flag!

http://www.9news.com/pdfs/Montoya_affidavit.pdf

Look I;m going to rock the boat here and just say what i think.....

First of all just goes to show what the general public DOES NOT know doesnt it.....(from police that is...and I can see why)....ie Kayleah getting a lift from a friends place to the party and back..meanwhile we are all looking up maps where she might have walked....and most importantly that Robert was living at the house and they were having sex.....

2ndly the longer I am on here the more angry I get at parents and their lack of responsibilities to their children....ESPECIALLY with the breakdown of the nuclear family and mums/dads moving from relationship to relationship, having more children and dragging them into their new relationships....

I do feel sorry for April of course, the loss of a child, my heartfelt sadness goes to her......

I certainly do not condone her as much as I do the mother of Robert and sister who makes them leave so she can live with a sex offender.......This selfish woman does not deserve to see her kids again and for me this is one of the lowest things I have heard!!!

But with Kayleahs mum, first I'd like to know why she was taken to foster care in the first place.......2ndly I feel the clip she taped of the "children" mucking around crossed the parental line....she was like a kid her self....it was obvious in that clip that Kayleah and Robert were close...look at the start of it....and then to ask Ginger if he had "lubed" up.....the fact that she was a single mum and had 3 kids to take care of was enough responsibility for her alone and if they had been taken into foster care once before, that should have been her main aim......bringing up her children responsibily.....

I bet those other kids were there most weekends as well.....what do you think teenagers do when they are together???????? the fact that she found them in a room together mucking around should have been a wake up call...in fact way before then....she should have been watching a 17 yr old boy around her 12 yr old daughter at all times.......cos I bet they were cosy at times......there would have been signs........I tell you now most mothers would have watched their 12yr old daughters like a hawk....it is not rocket science.....girls of that age are starting to like boys...especially older...

I am sure I am going to get a few remarks about what I have said....once again I do really feel sorry for her but I feel that she was not a responsible parent.

Look I;m going to rock the boat here and just say what i think.....

First of all just goes to show what the general public DOES NOT know doesnt it.....(from police that is...and I can see why)....ie Kayleah getting a lift from a friends place to the party and back..meanwhile we are all looking up maps where she might have walked....and most importantly that Robert was living at the house and they were having sex.....

2ndly the longer I am on here the more angry I get at parents and their lack of responsibilities to their children....ESPECIALLY with the breakdown of the nuclear family and mums/dads moving from relationship to relationship, having more children and dragging them into their new relationships....

I do feel sorry for April of course, the loss of a child, my heartfelt sadness goes to her......

I certainly do not condone her as much as I do the mother of Robert and sister who makes them leave so she can live with a sex offender.......This selfish woman does not deserve to see her kids again and for me this is one of the lowest things I have heard!!!

But with Kayleahs mum, first I'd like to know why she was taken to foster care in the first place.......2ndly I feel the clip she taped of the "children" mucking around crossed the parental line....she was like a kid her self....it was obvious in that clip that Kayleah and Robert were close...look at the start of it....and then to ask Ginger if he had "lubed" up.....the fact that she was a single mum and had 3 kids to take care of was enough responsibility for her alone and if they had been taken into foster care once before, that should have been her main aim......bringing up her children responsibily.....

I bet those other kids were there most weekends as well.....what do you think teenagers do when they are together???????? the fact that she found them in a room together mucking around should have been a wake up call...in fact way before then....she should have been watching a 17 yr old boy around her 12 yr old daughter at all times.......cos I bet they were cosy at times......there would have been signs........I tell you now most mothers would have watched their 12yr old daughters like a hawk....it is not rocket science.....girls of that age are starting to like boys...especially older...

I am sure I am going to get a few remarks about what I have said....once again I do really feel sorry for her but I feel that she was not a responsible parent.

My only response is that I don't think it's a single-mom thing. Kids are abused and neglected by married parents, too. I think it's better to be a single, happy, responsible parent than a married, miserable, irresponsible parent. So many single mothers raise successful, happy, well-adjusted kids, but those kids don't make headlines in the newspaper. It's the bad situations that do.

Other than that, I do agree. Some things about those videos made my jaw drop.

There has to be boundaries between child and parent. If not, the child will not respect the parent. I am not going to criticize the mom too hard in this case, because she lost a child. But if we were to see those videos in any other situation, I would hope that most people would find that kind of stuff wrong.

JMO.

Excellent insight BeanE. And, if he was abused when little, that would be more rejection by a mom who failed to protect him. moo

I keep forgetting that Kayleah was found naked - Guess that's his one last attempt for power and control.

BBM... I hope that's not the case, but I suspect it is.

This whole case makes my guts hurt.

Responsibility for being a parent has different meanings to just about everyone. The reasons for the different meanings - socioeconomic background, resources, education, past history, present circumstances; so many variables I can't even begin to list them all.

There is no basic course or license required to become a parent, so in reality, my expectations of others are quite meaningless. Unless there is 'intent' to harm, I have a difficult time blaming a parent who is in agony over the loss of his/her child. moo mho

ETA: For many moms and dads, the goal of day is to put food on the table and the children in some kind of bed at night. In Chicago right now, the daily goal of many parents is to keep their child out of the line of gunfire. moo

Hi...I was not knocking single mums at all.....I have friends that are single mums and my sister was a single mum...and a young one at that.....and I do agree that in alot of cases it is better to be a happy single parent than one in an abusive or drunken etc etc relationship.......

I think what I am angry about and what concerns me most is that there seems to be some form of breakdown in society today where children are being put 2nd to their parents relationships or just not being bought up as children at all....it is hard to explain what I mean......

but it just seems the more liberal and the more we are accepting and the more morals decay the more murders and abuse and neglected children their seem to be...

I am not religious and am not sprouting about morals but I am 44 and think things have changed so much for the worst....and it all seems to be linked to the way society has made it so easy and accepting to go from relationship to relationship and have children within each of the non lasting relationships.......maybe we are now up to a couple of generations of this happening and the children from mult relationship parents know no different....and I am not meaning been divorced and remarried....but nowadays it is 4 or 5 relationships with kids involved (as alot of times dont marry)......

my theory is that

http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...er-12-year-old-kayleahs-death-still-a-mystery

Five years have passed since Kayleah Wilson’s body was found here, in this irrigation ditch. A 12-year-old girl, missing two months and at last found; the victim of a murder. Even though it’s been half a decade since Kayleah was abducted and murdered, police are still looking for the person who killed her...

Immediately, police contacted the man who has been their “person of interest” in this case from the very beginning: Kayleah’s one-time boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya... Despite the evidence against Montoya, Morgan said they didn’t have enough to arrest him for the murder of the girl...

He was convicted of sexual assault on a child and was sentenced to the Colorado State prison system on an eight years to life. He remains in prison today, although his case is being appealed because he still maintains he was a juvenile when he had sexual relations with the 12-year-old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500