CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so why would Kelsey want a home with PF if his finances are bad? And how could he afford to buy her a car with bad finances? KB was much better off financially, so I don't get why people keep insisting PF was buying her things?
I doubt he bought her a thing. Probably didn't like the idea of potentially paying child support either. I would really like to know what custody or visitation arrangements, if any, both of them were considering. Casual arrangements only work out for so long, especially if the parents can't agree. Imo

I don't know about PF. Here is what we learned about Kelsey's education and background:

Kelsey was born in Grant County, Washington
She was raised in Warden, Washington
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Her parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho

Her uncle (mom's brother) lives in Moses Lake, WA and he said:
Kelsey and her mom talked often
They were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
Her mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes
It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey

Kelsey trained as a pilot at Big Ben Community College
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID
Then she got the big career break she was looking for in Pueblo, CO
She got hired by Doss Aviation as a flight instructor

Before that, Kelsey spent most of her childhood attending Crestview in Moses Lake
Crestview school is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist church which held a vigil for Kelsey

Info from this video:

Previously posted here: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2
Thanks for what putting that info together! Do we know if PF was involved in that church?

I was going to mention that earlier. It was actually 48 Hours if I recall.

It appears to have been a scam that many people fell for.

People would contact a particular hitman service on the dark web, and end up losing a ton of money, as this organization didn’t actually perform that “service.”

Scary that there are so many people out there that want to kill people.

One of the cases featured in that episode, involved a guy who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife.

He ended up doing it himself, but his payment to that hitman website did him in.
Too bad there isn’t a vigilante out there with a similar site, just trying to catch people with bad intentions, before they strike. That would have made a good Dexter episode.

That is downright scary to hear there is quite a “market” for this.

ETA Just came across the subsequent post with spoiler alerts for the 48 Hours episode. So glad to hear that LE was being alerted. I wonder if airing that episode has caused any decline in Murder for Hire incidents? Or, would that just mean the same scum bags would just commit the act themselves? :(

Last edited:
It took me a few minutes and several sips of coffee before I figured out what ONS meant. :)

Same here lol. When I first started texting, my daughter responded to a question I had with IDK. I asked her what that meant. She said, "I don't know." I asked, "If you don't know than why even use IDK?" I still get teased about it.

jmo

Same here lol. When I first started texting, my daughter responded to a question I had with IDK. I asked her what that meant. She said, "I don't know." I asked, "If you don't know than why even use IDK?" I still get teased about it.

jmo/QUOTE]

It took me longer to *get* your post than the original poster's post

hahaha

I have had two cars at many points of my life for similar reasons. I was surprised that she held on to them both, given her situation. (Age, child, wanting to purchase a home with PF)

JMO
I had two cars for a lot of my adult life too because when one is finally paid off it is really cheap to just hang onto it rather than trading it in where you get so little money from a dealer for it. So long as the 2nd car is running good then the cost of keeping it is mainly just carrying insurance on it.

The 2nd car comes in real handy when one of them does have to go in the shop for repairs.

The biggest problem is making sure you always start and run both of them because if they sit long then issues like mice eating wires and other strange things happen if you dont drive them frequently enough. Fixing to set mice traps in my engine block today (no kidding). :)

Animals and septic gone? I hadn’t seen that reported.
I think she was referring to the big hole in the yard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think they took the septic tank, just that the hole was big enough to hold a septic tank. I did see an animal control truck in one video filmed while the cops were searching, but IDK anything more about that.

Maybe he had something to hide and living with someone meant possibly being exposed. I was exploring the idea that he may have had some illegal income which he wanted to hide so he bought a car in her name. I suspect there may be a twist in this case and contrary to what most people here think, it may have not been domestic issues which had motivated him to kill.

Hello,
I've noticed you leaning in this direction for awhile now. Did you think that before the solicitation charge as well or only after he was charged?

And is there anything in particular leading you there?

Thanks,

Has anybody besides Kelsey's family mentioned anything about their relationship? "they seemed so happy together" or even, "they kept to themselves". Have we heard from anything from neighbors, friends, students, colleagues, or even the dude who owns the pizza parlor in town? I've heard one or two "I'd see him stop over to get the kid" but nothing more. Have the reporters dug up anything? I question whether there even was a relationship after that baby was born.

Gardener1850 Thank You for the informative post about KB.
So WOW PF must have put the rush on her to get her to move.
She was the whole pkg. Good Looks, probably sweet, like-able,
good career prospects, already owned a home, straight arrow,
good morals and values. No wonder he put the rush on her.
She thought she was hooking up with a successful rancher/
cowboy who loved his dogs, horses, momma and he was
gonna 'move' her down to his area. He was a 'pig in a poke',
not at all what he tried to convince her he was.
After 2 yrs. of being around him "the gig was up".
She saw through his lies and inflated exagerations.

I suppose its possible that their relations

Kelsey may have wanted a home with him because he is the father of her child. She wouldn't be the first successful person to have moved in with an underachiever. Some women like being the breadwinner. He may have not wanted to live with her. Maybe he had something to hide and living with someone meant possibly being exposed. I was exploring the idea that he may have had some illegal income which he wanted to hide so he bought a car in her name. I suspect there may be a twist in this case and contrary to what most people here think, it may have not been domestic issues which had motivated him to kill.
I guess getting caught for his possible illegal income sounded worse than getting caught planning to murder someone. What a brilliant idea! Said no one ever.

Right, so why would Kelsey want a home with PF if his finances are bad? And how could he afford to buy her a car with bad finances? KB was much better off financially, so I don't get why people keep insisting PF was buying her things?
Bad finances was probably another BS story and stalling technique. Although, he could have been blowing money on livestock, equipment, etc. and gotten himself in the hole if he is a poor money manager. Somewhere it was reported his annual income was $92K. I would like to earn that in a year and have no mortgage.

JMO
I had two cars for a lot of my adult life too because when one is finally paid off it is really cheap to just hang onto it rather than trading it in where you get so little money from a dealer for it. So long as the 2nd car is running good then the cost of keeping it is mainly just carrying insurance on it.

The 2nd car comes in real handy when one of them does have to go in the shop for repairs.

The biggest problem is making sure you always start and run both of them because if they sit long then issues like mice eating wires and other strange things happen if you dont drive them frequently enough. Fixing to set mice traps in my engine block today (no kidding). :)
That makes sense. Between Kelsey and her boyfriend they had three trucks! I think with a young kid and a new home and a boyfriend who has a truck, Id take the money and run. I wouldn't think a pilot instructor still rather new on the job earns a boatload of bucks. Maybe they do!

I understand what we're saying or wondering regarding how many weeks or months they spent getting to know each other online or in person before KB moved to Colorado. I have all kinds of opinions on that. But ... no matter how short, no one deserves to be murdered. And I know we all are reasonable and agree with that. Perhaps after KB moved to CO and saw what PF and his life and environment were like ... but mostly how he is and behaves ... she was like “Oh....ugh, not good.” Could have just not been a good match. It happens. How it ended though—totally unnecessary! I’d love to hear from other ladies who interracted with PF or dated him.

I think she was referring to the big hole in the yard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think they took the septic tank, just that the hole was big enough to hold a septic tank. I did see an animal control truck in one video filmed while the cops were searching, but IDK anything more about that.
If momma told LE the animals belonged to her son and especially if there was no supply of feed/hay in the barn, LE
WILL call animal control to come in and pick up animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member