CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that's the perception they want to be put out there so her fiancé is in the hot seat, taking pressure off of the perp while they try to nab him. I believe they are thinking there's possibility she is still alive.
I'm not sure I understand. Who do you mean by "they?"
MOO

I believe law enforcement, FBI and family know quite a bit. Without the details that are being held quiet, what we conclude, on so few and incomplete puzzle pieces, must look much different than the behind the scenes reality of the events.
I believed that in the Mollie Tibbetts case and LE actually had nothing until they asked for help from certain parts of town and a neighbor provided video. (Sorry for being so cynical.)

Is it known why she would have two cars? I was single for a number of years MANY years ago, and I could barely afford one. Of course, one of her cars may have been a little sports car with no back seat for the baby. Does anyone know why she has two or what kind of cars she has?

I am not sure of any police searches in Idaho, but our local news stations carried this information and asked the public to be on the look out and report any information.

Not exactly a strong effort. Gooding is about 2 hours from me or I would go look around. The area is fairly rural so I would expect anything out of the norm to stick out and be investigated.

Oh and to answer another posters question on other airports in the area. This is agricultural area, and there are many small airports around, even private ones, they use them for crop dusting.
I haven't heard of any searches either and I watch the local news every evening. I'm two hours away too. If the time comes that a search in the Gooding area might be useful we could meet up and do it ourselves.

You know....it would scare me to death to have to stand up in front of a bunch of cameras and make some sort statement knowing good and well that nothing I could say would be good enough for all of the people looking for a reason to suspect that am somehow responsible for the disappearance. You don't want to say the wrong thing or say the right thing in the wrong way. Police have told you that they want to withhold some information so they can corroborate any confession they might receive. You are probably emotional. I think it takes more than an hour to prepare for that.

On the other hand, there have been plenty of cases where LE made sure that a suspect attended and spoke at a press conference so that they could use his/her words against him and watch his/her demeanor. (CW being the ultimate example.) . That leads me to believe that they really don't consider PF to be a POI, because if they did they would have given him as much time as he needed (certainly more than an hour) to be present and to get in front of the microphones and cameras.

MOO
You’re assuming that he’s telling the truth though, and that he really only had an hour.

He never spoke to a reporter before that press conference, hasn’t spoken since, never reported her missing, and has now lawyered up.

This doesn’t jibe with a guy who was ever going to speak at a press conference, advanced notice or not.

People would look at my life and say the same thing. I do have a great life, but darn if I haven't thought about how to escape sometimes and that I'm going to be a burden to my kids in the future. I've often thought my husband would be better at going it alone as he's a great dad. PPD is serious and it's certainly not something KB would probably be discussing with anyone, if that could be the case here.

I've been thinking along those lines too...maybe she just ran off with another romantic interest no one knows about; I really hope that is the case. There is such a thing, if you believe, as Runaway Bride syndrome and I'm crossing my fingers this could be it. There's so much we don't know right now so all we can do is speculate and provide own's own theories.
I like your honesty you provided :) Who doesn't wanna just run off and escape responsibilities or burdens; but we also must be strong enough to weather through it. Happy Holidays to you

Bingo- those texts are the key to all of this. They had to be made by someone with intimate knowledge of exactly who to call. That is a small circle of people (including KB) many of whom have iron-clad proof they were not in Idaho. The number of people LE needs to look at is relatively small.
One thing we have not considered is a jealous rival, as in the Michelle Le case way back when.

I've been thinking along those lines too...maybe she just ran off with another romantic interest no one knows about; I really hope that is the case. There is such a thing, if you believe, as Runaway Bride syndrome and I'm crossing my fingers this could be it. There's so much we don't know right now so all we can do is speculate and provide own's own theories.
I like your honesty you provided :) Who doesn't wanna just run off and escape responsibilities or burdens; but we also must be strong enough to weather through it. Happy Holidays to you

I'm still POed that Punk got private home visits with those precious boys. Like their rights,and best interest didn't matter.

Watching that show last night was very upsetting. I had almost forgotten how truly evil that Powell father and son were. Disgusting excuses for human beings, imo.

From earliest accounts, it was reported that KB lived most of her life in eastern Washington, and moved with PF to Colorado two years ago. KB still has extended family living in WA-- including a brother in Tacoma. KB's parents Cheryl and Darrell relocated to Sandpoint, Idaho which is only 175 miles from their previous Washington home. It's been reported that KB's phone last pinged near Gooding, ID -- about 700 miles from her home in Woodland Park, Co. By all appearances, PF has strong ties to Colorado, where he works, and his entire immediate family reside.

I believe that anybody with personal knowledge of KB could think to place KB's phone in a place that could easily be explained, yet far enough away to move the focus elsewhere. Is it possible that KB would travel to Idaho between 11/22 and 11/25 -- sure it is (especially under the guise of going to see family and close friends). It's just not plausible that she would leave for Idaho without her vehicle, her child, or packing any personal items for her trip!

I don't believe KB sent the text messages herself on 11/25, or ever left Colorado alive. I also believe that nobody in Colorado reported KB missing to LE (or her family for that matter) to both distance themselves, and make locating KB and any forensic evidence more difficult to find. Unless additional information disclosing possible postpartum depression or mental issues with KB is released, I'll continue to suspect foul play. And I will be overjoyed if proven wrong. MOO

Last edited:
Banned from the vigil? Banned by whom?

The family is requesting it....which honestly doesn't make sense to me. You can't ask the media for help only when you want it. If your child is missing you should be begging for media to show up and help bring attention to your cause, no?

I bet media shows up regardless. shrugs.

Is it known why she would have two cars? I was single for a number of years MANY years ago, and I could barely afford one. Of course, one of her cars may have been a little sports car with no back seat for the baby. Does anyone know why she has two or what kind of cars she has?

I wouldn't say it's that uncommon here. She did drive a far distance for work. One could have been a small fuel efficient car and perhaps another one that was more safe in the winter/safe for her baby.

From earliest accounts, it was reported that KB lived most of her life in eastern Washington, and moved with PF to Colorado two years ago. KB still has extended family living in WA-- including a brother in Tacoma. KB's parents Cheryl and Darrell relocated to Sandpoint, Idaho which is only 175 miles from their previous home. It's been reported that KB's phone last pinged near Gooding, ID -- about 700 miles from her home in Woodland Park, Co. By all appearances, PF has strong ties to Colorado, where he works, and his entire immediate family reside.

I believe that anybody with personal knowledge of KB could think to place KB's phone in a place that could easily be explained, yet far enough away to move the focus elsewhere. Is it possible that KB would travel to Idaho between 11/22 and 11/25 -- sure it is (especially under the guise of going to see family and close friends). It's just not plausible that she would leave for Idaho without her vehicle, her child, or packing any personal items for her trip!

I don't believe KB sent the text messages herself on 11/25, or ever left Colorado alive. I also believe that nobody in Colorado reported KB missing to LE (or her family for that matter) to both distance themselves, and make locating KB any forensic evidence more difficult to find. Unless additional information disclosing possible postpartum depression or mental issues with KB is released, I'll continue to suspect foul play. And I will be overjoyed if proven wrong. MOO
This is an excellent post and I pray that you are wrong.

Well, he must be one heck of a guy for her to leave her 1-year-old baby, her dream job, her entire family, her home, her vehicles... It would be great if this is what happened because you're right - it means she's alive. I don't consider it at all likely though. :(
MOO

I know his behavior is weird but maybe there is something that explains it- the same something which makes it possible for nobody to request a welfare check or file a police report for almost 2 weeks. If I left for that long and didn't contact anybody, even if I told them I would be gone for a while, this is not what would happen.

CB said in her interview that KB had a busy work schedule and she seemed to indicate that it was easier to reach KB at certain times than others. We don't know how many times CB tried to reach KB. Maybe once Monday the 26th rolled around, CB expected KB to be at work most of the time, so she might not expect a return call until the weekend. (Everybody's different when it comes to how often they speak to family members. I won't bore you with my own experience.)

We also don't know what was regular communication between KB and PF, nor do we know what their parenting time schedule looked like---at least the details.

Let's just suppose that he typically kept the child M-F while she worked and usually had the child on weekends, but this year he had all of the Thanksgiving weekend; OR maybe they did a week with him and a week with her and they exchanged on Thursday.... in either of those scenarios, he wouldn't have worried about her at all until it was time for her to pick the child up. Child's too young to talk on the phone. If the child doesn't get sick, he has no reason to call. PLUS, we don't know what she (or somebody) said in the text and and how that might have changed his expectations of when she would be back.

But the point is, he may not have had any reason to miss KB until December 1 or so. Then CB finally calls him and says "have you heard from KB? I have tried and tried and I can't reach her and she's not returning my calls?" (She's understandably frantic because she has been trying and trying to reach KB, and she is the one who expected a call back.) And PF says, "No, she texted me on 11/25 and said she was going to your house in Idaho and wouldn't be back until tonight. I thought she was with you." (Or whatever it might be.)

See what I mean? That would be a very reasonable explanation.

And we really don't know how many times PF and CB tried to contact KB or how, but I'm sure the police know.

I haven't heard of any searches either and I watch the local news every evening. I'm two hours away too. If the time comes that a search in the Gooding area might be useful we could meet up and do it ourselves.
I am in a suburb of Boise, I would love to meet up if we can get enough details to do a proper search. If it makes sense we could reach out to Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue to see if they could bring dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE