CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only twist seems (to me) to be the amount of time this young, employed mother was able to disappear without being reported missing.
Another twist to me is that there was such a long time until LE decided to search for a missing woman who was last seen by her "fiance". As I understand, there are a lot of law enforcement in PF's family and I hope that did not influence the decision.

It's a decent size:
3 bedroom, 2 bath
SQFT 2,862

But it doesn't belong to him:
Teller County Property Records Database

That might have been the issue?

Tax records are not always indicative of ownership. He may have bought the home from his mother and did not change the name on his tax bill at the assessors office. I've owned my home for over 20 years and for privacy reasons I keep the tax bill in the name of the prior owner

Just a note it does not always take weeks. My friend is LE chief and has told me they can get that data in hours if someone is in danger.

Oh not in our experience here at websleuths. And not in my experience as an attorney. That's just not true. GPS sometimes yes. Sometimes phone companies will quickly play ball in an emergency.

But other stuff like actual phone/text records are time consuming and hard to get. Phone companies are squirrelly about releasing such data without a proper warrant.

That's how my daughter liked to be carried. She was a miserable baby and always wanted to face out.

Not saying he's a great dad but could be down to her preference.

My 13 yo was a “miserable baby” too, severe colic and failure to thrive. Lots of colicky babies do prefer to be held that way because it puts pressure on their abdomen.

And I agree, it doesn’t mean he’s a great dad or a bad dad. Obviously if he’s harmed her mother, he’s not a great dad... but the way he holds her while carrying her means nothing.

Whoa.. there is no evidence that KB family funded the purchase of her home. Using a family owned mortgage company does not represent her loan was not traditional financing -- lenders are highly regulated after last mortgage crisis. MOO
True enough but if it is family owned 100%, at closing they can remit the proceeds and it is up to them to enforce the terms of the mortgage and note since they hold both. So, it is a possibility that they may be helping her in this regard IMO.

so you guys are saying his parents live there? then why in heck aren't they helping watch that baby while he's traipsing around town? P.R. Prop (aka baby) for sure......

I believe it was reported that he lives there with his mother and takes care of her --- so perhaps she is not well enough to care for a child.

Tax records are not always indicative of ownership. He may have bought the home from his mother and did not change the name on his tax bill at the assessors office. I've owned my home for over 20 years and for privacy reasons I keep the tax bill in the name of the prior owner
Click on the link to the Deed - she is the owner according to the 1999 deed.

I think the opposite. There would no reason to cause her harm (if that is what happened). Just walk away.

There was no reason for Chris Watts to murder his wife who was still trying to save their marriage either. He could have walked away with his mistress and gotten a divorce. He chose to murder his pregnant wife and 2 daughters instead. Kelsey wasn't going away any time soon because they had a child together. Even if they broke up he would have to keep seeing her or if he allowed her to move out of state with the child, he would end up paying for her to raise their daughter. The one who doesn't want the relationship to continue has a motive to end it for good by drastic means if they feel "trapped" somehow by the very existence of the other person. It doesn't makes sense to most of us who are non-murderous individuals but there is a pattern of this type of thing happening. MOO.

Last edited:
Oh not in our experience here at websleuths. And not in my experience as an attorney. That's just not true. GPS sometimes yes. Sometimes phone companies will quickly play ball in an emergency.

But other stuff like actual phone/text records are time consuming and hard to get. Phone companies are squirrelly about releasing such data without a proper warrant.

How's that possible? I have sprint and I can look up all of my incoming and outgoing phone calls. They update within a several hours so if I called my doctor yesterday it will show up today in my call details online. How could it take the phone company days or weeks to provide whats already just sitting there.

Possible, but they aren't really focusing anybody on Idaho. They haven't organized searches, asked people to be on the lookout for her phone, given a description of the phone etc... All LE is asking is for people to spread her picture and to bring awareness. I could definitely understand they would keep it to themselves if they had recovered her phone but if they had pings the whole way, lets say in a particular town or near a gas station it would be a huge benefit for them to release that.

For what it is worth, the route to Sandpoint Idaho does not really go through Southern Idaho. Yes you can get there by that route, but the most logical route is to go up through Wyoming and into Montana then cross into Idaho. I double checked it with googlemaps and that is the suggested route, in fact the recommended routs never includes Interstate 84.
The phone ping in Gooding remains a strange data point, that regardless of the rumored family trip is not easily explained. I think it leans more to counter forensic efforts, and most likely by someone not familiar with the area someone who thought North Idaho is most easily reached via South Idaho.
MOO

Great comments - I thought the same and I have also seen that when they do have a subpoena they can take their time pulling together the records. If LE has access to phone calls, texts, on a phone and do not have the phone in hand, they may be using an online account - I know my account shows every incoming and outgoing phone call number and text number and that is very easy to retrieve if you have the username and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member