GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

I am curious about something. I have read the thread but either am not seeing the answer or have missed it. Do we know if TF contacted police first with the information he provided or if he was contacted by police after Kenia's stepfather received the text message on Kenia's phone from TF? Thanks. :)

I'm not sure, but that is an excellent question.

Well a couple things come to mind if he is on probation or has a criminal record and admits to some activities that may get him in trouble that explains some of his behavior the other thing is what happened to the video footage of some other guy at a store. It is possible that this poi was simply delivering something of and illicit nature (drugs) to an inebriated girl and she left the club to meet him did them and ran into her abductor who just saw her as a random opportunity.

A man who describes himself as a suspect in the disappearance of a 19-year-old Aurora woman has been arrested in Austin, Texas.

Travis Forbes, 31, is being held without bond in the Travis County Jail on a charge of unauthorized use of a vehicle and a Colorado warrant, according to a jail website.

Forbes was arrested at 5:50 p.m. by U.S. Marshals at a home, according to an Austin police officer.

He was arrested on a warrant out of Jefferson County for motor vehicle theft under $20,000. The alleged theft happened on April 8 out of Wheat Ridge, according to court records.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18009410

Surfie, thank you so very much for keeping the latest up to date on her case. I think of her every day.

again, thanks

Thank you, NurseB. You're welcome.

Hmm..interesting that he stole a car about a week after Kenia went missing. He had a van, after all, didn't he - a nice clean and redecorated van if I recall correctly?

ChasingHalos, do you remember his nickname? Pepper squirrel or red hot something?

Okay after reading this story he reminds me of Dee Dee Moore. She has been charged with the murder of Abraham Shakespeare. She insists she was just helping him out by helping him manage his money. They found Abraham, my uncle-in-law, buried in her boyfriend's back yard. She tried to play the "good samaritan". He should definitely be considered a suspect.

Man, I hope they can leverage this arrest to find Kenia. I do think he harmed her.

What's the difference between "unauthorized use of a vehicle" and "grand theft auto?" They said the car had been reported stolen, but the charge makes it sound more like he just borrowed it without permission!

What's the difference between "unauthorized use of a vehicle" and "grand theft auto?" They said the car had been reported stolen, but the charge makes it sound more like he just borrowed it without permission!

One example is if the person who took the vehicle had easy access to the keys. Not like if they were left in the ignition, but if your neighbour's kid was in your house and the keys were laying on the counter (or if your own child picked up the keys and went for a drive)... or if you gave your neighbour an extra key to your car in case you lost yours, and he then drove your vehicle without asking.

Another example is if somebody has keys to a company vehicle (say a delivery van) to use while they work during the day, then they go back at night and use that vehicle.

I have just read this whole thread and all I have to say is wow....i would consider this guy a suspect for any crime anything....what a dishonest creep....mate I would not trust this guy as far as a I could kick him! Number one to me

"He's the only name that's been out there... He's the last one that's seen my daughter. So, if he's got anymore information with him being in custody, if that helps resolve this. You have to watch it closely," Monge's stepfather, Tony Lee, said.

The family says every time the phone rings, their hearts drop.

"You always hope that it has something to do with Kenia," Lee said.

They got a phone call from police on Friday, letting them know about Forbes' arrest.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/197192/339/Teens-family-has-questions-after-Texas-arrest

**The Plot Thickens**

Travis Forbes showed up at his new rental home in Austin, Texas, offering his roommates gluten-free granola bars.

But the goodwill he earned Tuesday was forgotten Wednesday when a fugitive task force of U.S. Marshals and Austin police armed with assault rifles swept in and arrested him.

"It was a pretty intense operation," said Elliot Hallmark, 29, one of Forbes' new roommates.

Hallmark went online after the raid and saw that Forbes had acknowledged being a suspect in the missing-person case of Kenia Monge, 19, an Aurora woman who disappeared from Denver's Lower Downtown on April 1.

~~snip~~

Hallmark said Forbes had contacted him through Craigslist. He agreed to rent a room in a home on Cherry Wood Road in central east Austin for $450 a month. At one point, Hallmark had trouble reaching Forbes by cellphone.

At first, Forbes told him he had met a drunken woman who took off with his phone. He later said he threw the phone in a lake, Hallmark said.

He told Hallmark that while driving a gold 1990 Toyota 4-Runner to Texas he swerved to avoid deer in the road and ran into a fence, damaging the bumper. He duct-taped the bumper back on, Hallmark said.

He said Forbes told him he was an artist and that his landlord evicted him after he spilled paint on the garage floor and that's when he moved.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18013474

The lake comment is standing out to me, big time. I hope they have questioned TF and the roomie about this.

Also, his appearance has changed quite a bit - he's put on some weight. AND, where is the van? He stole the 1990 vehicle in Wheatridge, CO.

The lake comment is standing out to me, big time. I hope they have questioned TF and the roomie about this.

Also, his appearance has changed quite a bit - he's put on some weight. AND, where is the van? He stole the 1990 vehicle in Wheatridge, CO.
and the "paint" on the garage floor of where he last lived as well... oh and the hitting something and taping his bumper back on...

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/denver-man-arrested-in-austin

That’s when Forbes decided to come to Austin for meditation time with friends.

"We all sent out cords of light to this girl, asking her to be found and come home and clear the energy off of me from all of this," Forbes said.

~~~

He's a strange little bird. Do people really use that term "cords of light?"

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/denver-man-arrested-in-austin

That’s when Forbes decided to come to Austin for meditation time with friends.

"We all sent out cords of light to this girl, asking her to be found and come home and clear the energy off of me from all of this," Forbes said.

~~~

He's a strange little bird. Do people really use that term "cords of light?"

Yes, if you study chakras and auras.... :)

Here is a link about it:
http://pjentoft.com/aura-chakra-CORDS.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173