GUILTY CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest* #2

Snipped from your link :

"The case against the teen arrested in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell last year has been moved to adult court, the Adams County District Attorney’s Office said Tuesday morning.

The suspect, 15-year-old [name redacted], is charged with first-degree murder with deliberation, first-degree murder by a person in a position of trust, two counts of felony murder, one count of sexual assault on a child and two counts of felony sexual assault."

Unfortunately, I had a feeling that more was done than just a beating. My heart is breaking for Kiaya and her loved ones.

TEEN FORMALLY CHARGED WITH MURDER, SEXUAL ASSAULT IN DEATH OF 10-YEAR-OLD THORNTON GIRL

[....]

Zellmer faces multiple charges based on different legal theories:

■ First-degree murder – alleging that he killed her after deliberation.

■ First-degree murder – alleging that he killed a child under age 12 while in a position of trust.

■ First-degree murder – alleging that he killed her in the course of a sexual assault.

■ First-degree murder – alleging that he killed her in the course of committing sexual assault on a child.

■ Sexual assault – alleging that he committed sexual assault on a person younger than 15 and he was more than four years older than her and forced submission through force or violence.

■ Sexual assault – alleging that he committed sexual assault on a person younger than 15 and he was more than four years older than her and the victim suffered serious bodily injury.

■ Sexual assault – alleging that he committed sexual assault on a person younger than 15 and he was more than four years older than her and he applied force “to accomplish or facilitate the sexual contact.”

Campbell suffered multiple blunt force injuries to the head – some of which caused skull fractures – as well as wounds to several fingers, according to an autopsy report obtained by 9Wants to Know.

[....]

http://www.9news.com/mobile/article...ath-of-10-year-old-thornton-girl/73-511867153

Zellmer was facing four counts of first-degree murder, two counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual assault on a child. All of the charges were dropped with the guilty plea.

Zellmer will be eligible for parole after 40 years. He will be sentenced on March 11.
16-year-old pleads guilty to murder of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell in 2017
He pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree murder. He was 15 when he murdered Kiaya.

Yes, it's great that he made a guilty plea. I don't know what the Colorado Statutes say about the length of imprisonment -- I would assume that the sentence can be extended since it appears that he will have a parole hearing after 40 years, i.e., he wouldn't necessarily be released after 40 years -- he would be around 56 at that time, and no, IMO, that is not enuff years. Who knows how a parole board would look at an offender who committed the crime when he was 16.

Well, at least he will stay in prison for quite a while...

If this is released when he's 56... he could still be dangerous.
Maybe worse, after 'learning' new ways to murder while doing time.
Here's a possibility : Let him go and live with the parole board that decides Aiden is safe to be free in society.

She had a few videos on YT -- unsure if they're still up.
In one she was singing a little bit, and in the other one she was doing a 'magic trick', iirc.
Fun-loving and goofy. :)

Rest in gentle peace, sweet Kiaya ! :(

Terrible circumstances all around. I did see some of Kiaya’s videos and she seemed like a sweetheart. As always it just makes you think how could someone have done that to a seeet innocent kid? Especially another kid, who was in the same circle. And the way she was attacked and killed was so horrible and violent, what could have happened to trigger such actions? I’m glad the trial is over for both families, but don’t think this one is going to be a good addition to society when he gets out. MOO.

Just read through this thread and I'm just wondering why? why would someone so young do this to another child? and seemingly so previous behavioural problems.... so so sad

Might be too harsh -- but I think that anyone who deliberately murders an innocent person should never be free.
Let them serve the same sentence as the victim and the victim's heartbroken family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back