Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Walter comes back soon from his trip. He always had info and knows the latest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching the national news yesterday and they had a segment on a Federal prosecutor who had been killed 16 years ago, in his home. They are trying now, so many years later, to get some results! And they threw a lot of manpower at that case, since he was who he was. So, just saying, these are not easy cases to resolve. I miss her family, they are my friends, it is a horrible loss to our community, but I am just hoping and praying because I have no idea if they have any evidence that will help. I guess time will tell. I find myself changing my behavior at my home, making sure I lock my garage door after letting my dog out, when I used to leave it open, stuff like that. People can say that this family was targeted all day long, but how can we know this for sure? It could also have just been people robbing the home, as this does happen up here, and poor sweet Maggie walked in on them. I still have friends who always leave their home unlocked, thinking we live in a very safe place. Well, not always so safe! Just my opinion...

News conference adds no new information on Maggie Long’s murder

Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:10 pm

5a85f8760b71f.image.jpg

Guns Stolen

5a85f89717ab4.image.jpg

Jade statues and green safe stolen

Photos per Flume article linked above.

Hopefully, when Walter returns on March 3rd he`ll continue to push for updates.

That safe appears to be a Stack On brand sold at Walmart. From what I remember, they come in different sizes and vary in weight.

I hadn't seen those pictures before. There are a lot more jade statues than I had imagined. I wonder how much those go for and where they could be resold? I'm assuming LE has notified pawn shops to be on the look out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

News conference adds no new information on Maggie Long’s murder

Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:10 pm

5a85f8760b71f.image.jpg

Guns Stolen

5a85f89717ab4.image.jpg

Jade statues and green safe stolen

Photos per Flume article linked above.

Hopefully, when Walter returns on March 3rd he`ll continue to push for updates.

Robbery...

Look for similar crimes of art and gun heists...

There have been a lot of gun ripoffs in Colorado, been following them due to NOCO, iirc there were some collector guns stolen, ec, etc...marking spot.

Eta: Arson.

Victimolgy linkage (Asian business owners?)

Much to research here, moo.

Gangs?

I'm starting to worry that the skyrocketing cost of housing is going to cause a huge crime spree. I mean, people will get desperate because they can't make rent, or can pay rent but can't pay anything else.

Another WS member mentioned this case to me today and I started reading the thread. I’m not all the way through the thread yet, but WOW. Like others have mentioned, I’m also surprised more WS’er haven’t been following this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm starting to worry that the skyrocketing cost of housing is going to cause a huge crime spree. I mean, people will get desperate because they can't make rent, or can pay rent but can't pay anything else.
My Mom and I were just discussing how ridiculous housing costs there are the other day, and then she sent me an article that said car insurance rates have gone up 50% in the past 7 years in Colorado so there are now more uninsured drivers because between that increase and housing costs people can't pay for everything.

I have to wonder about prior knowledge. I imagine someone knew about the guns, the safe, the statues. I’m not well-versed in jade statues or their worth, but this person deemed them important enough to take. I imagine more than one trip was involved as well unless there are multiple perps. We know the the fire department showed up quite quickly after the 911 call, although we don’t know how long perp(s) were in the home - the reward vs. risk factor was high enough to take the time to collect the statues. They are truly an interesting piece of this, IMO, and could be key to solving it. Walter should be back by now and hopefully posting soon!

I have to wonder about prior knowledge. I imagine someone knew about the guns, the safe, the statues. I’m not well-versed in jade statues or their worth, but this person deemed them important enough to take. I imagine more than one trip was involved as well unless there are multiple perps. We know the the fire department showed up quite quickly after the 911 call, although we don’t know how long perp(s) were in the home - the reward vs. risk factor was high enough to take the time to collect the statues. They are truly an interesting piece of this, IMO, and could be key to solving it. Walter should be back by now and hopefully posting soon!

Yes I agree this wasn't a random brain break in that Maggie walked in on , it was obviously someone who had been to the home or was in on it with someone who had been to the home. I tried to look up some pricing on jade statues but there seems to be a huge difference in prices. I'm seeing anywhere from $10-$2500 for a small statue, it seems like prices vary based of off size, shape, age ect so without knowing that info about the Long's statues I can't figure out even a close guess of what they would be worth, which makes me think even more that whoever did this knew that info.

Robbery...

Look for similar crimes of art and gun heists...

There have been a lot of gun ripoffs in Colorado, been following them due to NOCO, iirc there were some collector guns stolen, ec, etc...marking spot.

Eta: Arson.

I've read about insurance fraud cases in which the homeowners were caught because they removed valuable items (artwork, antiques, family photos, etc.) from the property before torching it.

When will someone be held accountable here?????/

When will someone be held accountable here?????/

Bumping for Maggie. Additionally,
Anyone else think the third suspect (blonde lean 20something) in the Crossroads Pizza beating at Pine Junction last Friday could shed light? Seems like the BOLO mentioned a fair-skinned young adult.

Freedom isn’t free;13978782 said:
Bumping for Maggie. Additionally,
Anyone else think the third suspect (blonde lean 20something) in the Crossroads Pizza beating at Pine Junction last Friday could shed light? Seems like the BOLO mentioned a fair-skinned young adult.

Welcome to Websleuths, Freedom isn't free! We are glad to have you with us. We need all the help we can get for Maggie.

Back on March 6th, LE sat outside the gate of the Long's home and handed these out to passing motorists asking anyone with any info to come forward.

This tells me that LE has no clue who did this...and the fact that it's been over 2 months and they are just now doing this just clarifies for me that this case has gone cold. The silence from LE and the community is deafening.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 28782820_10211745623896396_2204420537208257627_n.jpg
    28782820_10211745623896396_2204420537208257627_n.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 466
Huh! So someone just broke in, killed her, set a fire, and took the safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl