CO CO - Marilee Burt, 15, Columbine Valley, 26 Feb 1970

Feb 26 2019
Cold Case: 15-year-old Littleton girl killed in 1970
VIDEO.
Investigators were able to find DNA on her body but haven't found a single match in local or federal databases. The Sheriff's Office continues to look into this case.

If you have any information that may help them, please contact Metro Denver Crime Stoppers as soon as possible at 720-913-7867. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

I'm not following this case but I was just browsing new posts and noticed a tab for new profile posts, and saw this from a new member:

shersher: I know who killed Marilee Burt. I have names and the story of what happened from one of men. Trying to contact the family.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/members/shersher.250546/

Can anyone help @shersher ?

I can help shersher with a little advice: "call the police and tell them everything you know about this case." Period.
I have and cold case, FBI, TV stations, newspaper reporters. I have a friend who is a police officer tell me go to the family. I’m 100% he did it just need to give peace to the families.

What an awful story with no answers after all these years. I can not imagine how hard it would be on a family having no answers. It is hard to believe that this was a one time incident and the killer never struck again. Was the man she talked to ever located? Is the DNA in CODIS now?
I KNOW who killed her but nobody will help.

What was the police response when you told them?
There are 3 of them, his DNA didn’t match I have looked up the other two. But they dismissed me on that also because they didn’t find any charges from the three of them in the records of getting locked up together. When the story comes out it will make all the sense in the world and there will be no doubt what happened and the reason why I know it all.

Are they all still alive?
Why do you think they killed her?
Does anyone else know?
And finally... how do you know?
I know one is alive for sure, he told me. He also told me who the other guys are and why they did it. They also knew her. I just really want the family to know and I also have two other families that he has killed there loved ones also.

I know one is alive for sure, he told me. He also told me who the other guys are and why they did it. They also knew her. I just really want the family to know and I also have two other families that he has killed there loved ones also.
You refer to why ‘they’ did it but the publicized info about the DNA only seems to reference one person. If there was more than one perp, it seems after 50 years that would have come out. If I ‘read between the lines’ so to speak, you believe the true perp is no longer alive but the others are still alive? It makes me wonder why so many different facets of law enforcement would blow you off so easily. Did they take the info you provided and state they’d look into it or not?

9 NEWS Facebook page post dated 2/8/2017. A few comments, one mentioning they knew the family.

9NEWS (KUSA)

This unsolved case takes us back to 1970. The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office still gets tips on Marilee’s death. The most recent one came at the end of 2016.

I just really want the family to know and I also have two other families that he has killed there loved ones also.

The only way to give peace to the family or families is by solving the case with evidence and put the killer or killers in jail. You don't have the Dna match, so you need further investigation.

Did you contact Marvin Brandt from Arapahoe County ???

Nobody. Not even the FBI? That's really really strange...
I mean....who killed her? Some moneybags? :eek:
No a man who has been in trouble all his life and always got out of it. He did get caught for 1 of the murders but because he is who he is, he is so smart he went to court charge for murder and convince them someone else did it because they put him on the stand, he was acquitted even people in the court room said he was very intimidating and they believe he intimidated the jury which I know he did. But he did do it he even brags about it because of double Jeopardy they can’t touch him. He was set up and he is in prison where he should be for life he’s three strikes and you’re out, and as far as I know nobody knows about Marilee. But the other two murders are out in the paper and he told me he killed the second one years ago. He’s smart and very scary. I asked him about Marilee just to see what he said because, he ruled that part of town, and he told me the story that now makes sense of what happened and why.

The only way to give peace to the family or families is by solving the case with evidence and put the killer or killers in jail. You don't have the Dna match, so you need further investigation.
I have solved this three cases. The evidence I have will and can give peace to these families. I just need to reach the families.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back