GUILTY CO - Rebecca, 39, Macie, 4, & Garrison Bingham, 2, die in hit & run, 10 Nov 2006

PolkSaladAnnie---I know, stories like this are almost too much to bear. This was probably a wonderful and loving family---just out together, spending time together as a family. A young family, with a Mom & Dad spending their free time with their children---being a parent is the hardest job in the world, and while some people aren't up to taking on that job, some just don't care enough to spend the time with their kids. Not these folks--they were innocently walking in a marked crosswalk, no doubt enjoying their family time together. Grrr. This family unit is forever gone. So damn sad. I only hope they died instantly and did not suffer too long. Just the thought of it....:(

Ya know, if this was MY family, I would have a very hard time NOT trying to seek my own justice and vengeance. I hate saying that, because in a way it makes me no better. But it's the truth. I hate that bad things seem to always happen to good people.

This story recently on CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/12/stoller.arrest.ap/index.html

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A driver who is accused of being drunk when he allegedly plowed through a red light and killed a mother and her two children was charged Sunday in a Denver courtroom.

Magistrate Beth Faragher held Lawrence Trujillo, who allegedly left the scene of the incident, on $250,000 bail.

She also ordered him to stay away from the slain woman's husband who was also hit.

Frank Bingham, 41, is in fair condition at Denver Health Medical Center suffering bruises and nerve damage to his right arm.

Police say Trujillo was speeding in a pickup truck through downtown Denver when he killed Becca Bingham, 39, and her two children, 4-year-old Macie and 2-year-old Garrison.

The Binghams were out for a family evening Friday. Macie was wearing a ballerina princess outfit, and Garrison, dressed in a Superman cape, was being pushed in a double stroller, The Denver Post reported.

They were crossing lawfully at an intersection, which had a traffic signal, authorities said.

Police are unsure how fast Trujillo was speeding, but a witness had told the Rocky Mountain News it appeared to be going about 50 mph.

Trujillo was charged with three counts of vehicular homicide involving driving under the influence, four counts of vehicular assault while driving under the influence, and leaving the scene of an accident.

The collision knocked off Trujillo's license plate, which was left at the scene and helped police track down him down.

Trujillo's passenger, 35-year-old Eric Snell, was charged as an accessory in crime, according to court documents.

Both Trujillo and Bingham were ordered to stay away from Frank Bingham.

Snell posted $25,000 bail and was released from jail Sunday.

Trujillo, who did not appear to have a lawyer at the arraignment, made no comment except to say he understood the judge's order.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

What I don't understand is why HE is ordered to stay away from the father? Seem a judge would order the father to stay away....

Thanks for the update. I get what you mean about the ordering the father to stay away from the driver...but the judge can't order the Dad because he's not being charged with anything, so the only person she can order to keep them apart is the perp. It's probably best for him....he'd better high-tail it outta there if he see's the Dad approaching! Although, a small part of me wishes some sort of vigilante justice here, wrong as it is.

Even more sad to know the ages of this couple, because they obviously waited until later in life to have their children. The Dad is 41, and Mom was 39 and the oldest child was only 4. :( So sad.

So, driving under the influence, eh??? Sick son a b*tch!!! The all-important alcohol!!!:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: He deserves to be locked up for life, and I mean his entire life....he needs to DIE in prison, never to feel freedom again.

From October 2007:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7064087

The man who took responsibility for killing three members of a Denver family during a drunken driving accident was sentenced today to 48 years in prison.

Judge Morris B. Hoffman sentenced Lawrence Trujillo, 36, for the Nov. 10, 2006, accident that killed Rebecca Bingham, 39, and her two children Macie, 4, and Garrison, 2...

Eric Snell, a passenger in Trujillo's truck, was sentenced to six years of suspended sentence after pleading guilty to being an accessory to the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back