CO CO - Saguache Co., WhtMale 1550UMCO, 40-60, 'Fort Washington Maryland' TShirt, Oct'02

It's been over a year and Gabbard hasn't shown up as a rule out on NamUs. Any updates?
Nothing. I get the same 'ol song and dance when I have asked for updates..."we're working on it", or "we are aware" etc....

* I just double checked and a source not related to Gabbard checked into this for me about 6 months ago. I was told that Gabbard's DNA profile wasnt able to be uploaded to CODIS at that time. When I check in with the official contacts, I get the runaround...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nothing. I get the same 'ol song and dance when I have asked for updates..."we're working on it", or "we are aware" etc....

* I just double checked and a source not related to Gabbard checked into this for me about 6 months ago. I was told that Gabbard's DNA profile wasnt able to be uploaded to CODIS at that time. When I check in with the official contacts, I get the runaround...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It sounds like people who may have known him are afraid to submit their DNA.

December 11, 2019
FBI Seeking Tips In 2002 Homicide In Saguache County

cold-case-john-doe.jpg
6cb36d86-1483-41e2-97ec-3bdd8cbcb499_750x422.png

6d00072e-a582-4f37-807d-4ef70694d357_750x422.png

The FBI has released a new sketch and image of a clay bust of a man found dead in Saguache County in 2002.

The remains of the unidentified man were found wrapped in a quilt, off Colorado State Highway 114.

“The remains were clad in black boxer shorts and a black Harley Davidson T-shirt from Fort Washington, Maryland,” investigators stated.

The victim is believed to have been 40-60 years old, 225-300 pounds and 6-foot-5, with brown hair.

If you have any information, please contact your local FBI office of the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

FBI Seeking Tips In 2002 Homicide In Saguache County

Shot while he was likely asleep and wrapped in bedding. This definitely sounds like some sort of domestic situation. I think he could have been killed in his own bed in his own house. If he is on the older side of the age estimate (evidently, he could have been as old as 60), this could have been elder abuse or an attempt to capitalize on benefits intended for the UID.

I'll request a title change to reflect the new age estimate: possibly between 40 and 60
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
2 Exclusions:
MP9476 Steven Gabbard 06/10/2002 Jefferson KY
MP7193 Robert Odman Sr. 01/06/1996 Minnehaha SD

Officials Seek Clues in 2002 John Doe Homicide in Saguache | Colorado Bureau of Investigation
02/03/2021—Law enforcement officials have released new facial reconstruction images of a man only known as ‘John Doe,’ whose body was discovered off Colorado State Highway 114 in Saguache County nearly 19 years ago, in hopes of identifying the man.

On Saturday, October 19, 2002, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) assisted the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) in the recovery of the remains of an unidentified male found wrapped in a blanket and/or quilt.

A coroner’s examination concluded that the cause of death was homicide and provided the following information about the victim:
  • Unknown male, unknown age—possibly between 40 and 60.
  • 225-300 lbs., 6’5” tall
  • No tattoos or obvious scars
Additionally, the remains were clad in black boxer shorts and a black Harley Davidson T-shirt from Fort Washington, Maryland.

“We are hoping the updated digital reconstruction images will result in new information that will lead to the identification of this individual and to help solve this case,” said CBI Deputy Director Chris Schaefer. If you have any information on this case or believe you may know the victim, please contact the CBI at 719-647-5999 or the SCSO at 719-655-2525. A forensic artist completed the facial recognition sketches of the victim. Saguache is located approximately 180 miles southwest of Denver.

John%20Doe%202_0.JPG

Feb 9 2021
New facial reconstruction image released in Colorado cold case; authorities ask for help with identifying ‘John Doe’
FLVR35KN5RCHLG7LX7KMRMZTAE.jpg

On the left: Facial reconstruction image of a man found in Saguache County in 2002. On the right: a black Harley Davidson T-shirt from Fort Washington, Maryland.(CBI)

''SAGUACHE COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - Authorities in Colorado are hoping technology can help with a cold case that is nearly 20 years old.

On Tuesday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation released a new facial reconstruction image of a man known only as “John Doe.” The remains of this man were found off Colorado State Highway in Saguache County on Oct. 19, 2002. The area is about 180 miles southwest of Denver. The remains were found wrapped in a quilt or blanket.

A coroner’s examination concluded that the cause of death was a homicide. The following information about the victim was released by the coroner:

·Unknown male, unknown age—possibly between 40 and 60.

·225-300 lbs., 6′5″ tall

·No tattoos or obvious scars

The remains were clad in black boxer shorts and a black Harley Davidson T-shirt from Fort Washington, Maryland.''

If you have any information on this case you’re asked to call the CBI at 719-647-5999 or the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office at 719-655-2525.''

The remains of the victim — known only as “John Doe” — were found in October 2002 wrapped in a blanket off Colorado State Highway 114 in Saguache County, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday.

A forensic artist has completed the new facial recognition sketches of the man in hopes that someone will solve his mysterious death almost two decades after he was found about 180 miles southwest of Denver.

“We are hoping the updated digital reconstruction images will result in new information that will lead to the identification of this individual and to help solve this case,” CBI Deputy Director Chris Schaefer said.
https://nypost.com/2021/02/10/facial-reconstruction-images-released-in-john-doe-cold-case/

The man in question was found dead in Saguache County on Oct. 19, 2002, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said in a release issued last week. Authorities with the CBI and the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office recovered the body in an area near Colorado State Highway 114; the man was wrapped in a blanket or quilt of some kind, and appeared to be between the ages of 40 and 60. He is believed to have been 6'5" tall and weighing between 225 and 300 pounds. When he was found, the victim was wearing black boxers and a black Harley Davidson T-shirt advertising Fort Washington, Maryland, authorities said. The autopsy showed that he was murdered.
upload_2021-2-12_8-26-32.jpeg
The image, completed by a forensic artist, shows a bald man with a slight mustache. The victim is believed to have been a white male with brown hair, according to a missing persons profile on the CBI’s cold case database.
Authorities Release Reconstructed Image Of Man Found Dead And Wrapped In Quilt, Hoping To Crack John Doe Cold Case

I know this is an old comment, but just to clarify, nobody is afraid to submit DNA. Family members have sumbitted DNA for Steve.
I know this is an old comment, but just to clarify, nobody is afraid to submit DNA. I am his niece & I spoke with the Saguache County Sheriff's office 2 years ago & offered mine. They already had DNA from a different relative. I was told at the time that there were issues with the DNA sample on the Saguache County John Doe being too degraded.

John Doe​

Case Details​

Case Type: Unidentified
Height: 6' 5"
Case Status: OPEN
Weight: 226 lbs
Aliases:
Identifying Marks:
Incident Date: 10/19/2002
Agency: Saguache County Sheriff's Office
City:
Date of Birth: Unknown
County: Saguache
Date of Death: Unknown
Agency Case #: 02-432
Judicial District: 12th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: Caucasian
NamUs Case #: UP15756
Eyes: Unknown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Brown
1656228262603.jpeg

About this Case:​

On October 19, 2002 human remains were found west of Saguache, CO. Anyone who has information pertaining to this case is encouraged to contact the Saguache County Sheriff's Office.

The remains of the victim — known only as “John Doe” — were found in October 2002 wrapped in a blanket off Colorado State Highway 114 in Saguache County, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday.

A forensic artist has completed the new facial recognition sketches of the man in hopes that someone will solve his mysterious death almost two decades after he was found about 180 miles southwest of Denver.

“We are hoping the updated digital reconstruction images will result in new information that will lead to the identification of this individual and to help solve this case,” CBI Deputy Director Chris Schaefer said.
Facial reconstruction images released in ‘John Doe’ cold-case slaying
It's Santiago Jaime benitez missing from Bethesda Maryland October 2001.

Was the friend In New York ever mentioned? Niagara possibly? This is Santiago how do I report it or can someone do it for me?

Was the friend In New York ever mentioned? Niagara possibly? This is Santiago how do I report it or can someone do it for me?
Hello, @ellillbedamd . Welcome to websleuths. I'm a little confused. Do you have a link to a website like DNAsolves, Namus, or law enforcement, where they have mentioned this, or is this your own opinion? We need a link , or if no link, you need to explain that it is just your own opinion. We use a lot of abbreviations here. I usually use JMO MOO, for just my opinion and my own opinion.

Hello, @ellillbedamd . Welcome to websleuths. I'm a little confused. Do you have a link to a website like DNAsolves, Namus, or law enforcement, where they have mentioned this, or is this your own opinion? We need a link , or if no link, you need to explain that it is just your own opinion. We use a lot of abbreviations here. I usually use JMO MOO, for just my opinion and my own opinion.
no comment

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back