Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was her 3rd pregnancy. Your guard can go down after you’ve been thru it multiple times and it’s not like there aren’t hospitals, urgent care, etc in NC that she could easily go to. Also at 9 weeks pregnant you are not getting ultrasounds all the time.
Imo it was a high risk pregnancy and you are with your husband maybe two weeks out of the 8 you knew. Moo moo I think that’s unusual it doesn’t not sound like the marriage was in a good place moo

Maybe. Too much red tape. And we all know there are wrong convictions. He would be afraid he would be busted.

I am not believing this but throwing it out there. I am sure we all know people who have covered up stuff cuz they did not want to get busted. He four year old with frosting on his face does not want to get busted

Yes. People definitely do dumb and unnecessary things when they are under pressure. I simply believe that if he was able to think clearly enough to come up with oil tanks and shallow graves and timelines to get to work and get that all wrapped up (literally) in short order, he could also have thought clearly enough to understand he could justify attacking his murderous wife for killing his babies. Unless his wife was not a murderer and the evidence (bodies) left behind would prove it - which would require all the things he actually did.

Even in high risk pregnancies, OB visits are minimal in the first trimester. Usually one to date the pregnancy and do the initial bloodwork and then maybe one more. SW returned in time for her second trimester, which is when the problems can really start happening for those of us with autoimmune disorders and, more significantly, when medical professionals can intervene. I don't see anything unusual at all with her going away and, like you said, we don't know that she didn't receive care in NC.

Source: Lupus person here with 3 high-risk pregnancies under my belt.

Thank you so much for providing this info!

And on a personal note, glad you're here, keep fighting that disease that's fighting you.

Does anybody think CW will plead guilty to avoid a trial?

There is a part of me that thinks he might, just because I really think he made up the “SW strangling the kids” scenario on the spot when confronted with evidence of his involvement. If so, he had no time to think through what further evidence will be forthcoming (I imagine he was pretty stressed at this point).

If that evidence doesn’t remotely support his version, it might be better for him to plead.

Even in high risk pregnancies, OB visits are minimal in the first trimester. Usually one to date the pregnancy and do the initial bloodwork and then maybe one more. SW returned in time for her second trimester, which is when the problems can really start happening for those of us with autoimmune disorders and, more significantly, when medical professionals can intervene. I don't see anything unusual at all with her going away and, like you said, we don't know that she didn't receive care in NC.

Source: Lupus person here with 3 high-risk pregnancies under my belt.
Miscarriage Rates by Week: Causes and Risks
80 percent of miscarriages happen in the first 13 weeks and she spoke of separation imo that is odd

Yes. He wasn't burying those little girls, he was hiding them.
YES, with the added benefit to him that it was destroying trace evidence in the process - amazing, considering his defense says the evidence he is not guilty should be there on the bodies. So, he hides the evidence, and actively destroys it in the process. The very evidence he would need to prove his innocence in those two murders...hmmmm.

YES, with the added benefit to him that it was destroying trace evidence in the process - amazing, considering his defense says the evidence he is not guilty should be there on the bodies. So, he hides the evidence, and actively destroys it in the process. The very evidence he would need to prove his innocence in those two murders...hmmmm.

Good post and so true IMO.

80 percent of miscarriages happen in the first 13 weeks and she spoke of separation imo that is odd
To our knowledge, she had never had a miscarriage. Had she? Why would she fear one now? And what would it prove it she did have a fear of miscarriage...that BOTH parents demonstrated they did not give a darn about ANY of their offspring? Because we know for sure he didn't, even if you believe his confession. IMO

Which part is odd to you? I'm truly confused.
The 80% of miscarriages that happen in the first 13 weeks or that she spoke of separation or both?

Also, you mentioned in your previous post that she spoke to her mother about separation. Do you have links or insider information to verify this?

How in the world can CW take the stand? He’d be eaten alive.
I highly doubt they'll let CW take the stand. Even with enormous amounts of prepping , he is too socially awkward and unconvincing , he would just incriminate himself. The defence will just make sure the prosecution actually proves their case. The defence will pick apart all the evidence presented and lay seeds of doubt without using CW. I think it is very common for accused murderers to not take the stand in their defence.

Imo it was a high risk pregnancy and you are with your husband maybe two weeks out of the 8 you knew. Moo moo I think that’s unusual it doesn’t not sound like the marriage was in a good place moo
I agree. IMO their marriage didn't fall apart overnight. I'm sure it was bad for several months or more.

There is a part of me that thinks he might, just because I really think he made up the “SW strangling the kids” scenario on the spot when confronted with evidence of his involvement. If so, he had no time to think through what further evidence will be forthcoming (I imagine he was pretty stressed at this point).

If that evidence doesn’t remotely support his version, it might be better for him to plead.
IIRC that story came after he said he had to talk to his father privately, then he said he would tell the "truth".

All these discussions about SW using Thrive while pregnant, traveling while pregnant, really is none of our business. She was always near medical facilities while traveling. I just don't see the need to discuss it. She did nothing wrong going on a few trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member