CO - Shannon Watts & Daughters Bella & CeCe Murdered By Chris Watts - *LWOP* #74

There appears to be a lot of misinformation about the life insurance that CW took out through his employer Anadarko. Below is a post I wrote a couple of years ago that I hope will make things clearer. I would also like to suggest that anyone who wants factual information come here with questions rather than listening to vultures out to make money and people who appear to have drug-induced psychosis.

My understanding is that the slayer statute in Colorado does prohibit a killer from profiting from his crimes. Even though CW waived his rights to the insurance money, his parents claimed that:

As CW has no living descendants and no spouse, any disclaimed share of an intestate estate would go to his surviving parents, Ronnie and Cindy Watts, under Colo. Rev. Stat. § 15-11-103.
Sick Money Grab: Parents Of Killer Dad Chris Watts Seek $450K Insurance For Slain Wife, Children

The Rzuceks do have that $6 million judgment against CW, so ironically, they would have automatically received all of the $450K from him if there hadn't been a slayer statute, which generally treats the killer as if he predeceased the victim.

Apparently the families settled out of court and can't discuss the outcome.
$75k in blood money for the parents imo. Meanwhile they throw brickbats at the family of SR for raising $$ for lawsuits. I wish the Watts would quit the targeted attacks on the victims. The sis started the whole campaign against SR right after her murder, although dearest mommie has become the icon of hate towards the R's.

The funniest part of this very unfunny tragedy is that CW has never retracted his confession. So the conspiracy beehive is buzzing around trying to cover up this fact. The most they can come up with is that poor guy can't remember a thing, so he must be innocent.

$75k in blood money for the parents imo. Meanwhile they throw brickbats at the family of SR for raising $$ for lawsuits. I wish the Watts would quit the targeted attacks on the victims. The sis started the whole campaign against SR right after her murder, although dearest mommie has become the icon of hate towards the R's.

The funniest part of this very unfunny tragedy is that CW has never retracted his confession. So the conspiracy beehive is buzzing around trying to cover up this fact. The most they can come up with is that poor guy can't remember a thing, so he must be innocent.

I've been praying for guidance to help the Watts accept the truth and finally begin to heal. I think that Chris was his most truthful in the letters he wrote to Cheryln Cadle. He is too ashamed to tell his parents directly which is why he chose that format IMO.

What he did was too painful and incomprehensible for his family to accept which is why they were easy prey for the vultures IMO. There was never any money to be made by the vultures if he acted alone, so that wasn't the narrative they wanted to push. They lied to the Watts and gave them false hope to cling to IMO.

Maybe one day the Watts will also tell their story about how they were re-victimized by the conspiracy theori$t$. If both families tell their stories it would be a powerful testament to their faith and would go even further to help prevent re-victimization of people on social media in the future IMO.

I've been praying for guidance to help the Watts accept the truth and finally begin to heal. I think that Chris was his most truthful in the letters he wrote to Cheryln Cadle. He is too ashamed to tell his parents directly which is why he chose that format IMO.

What he did was too painful and incomprehensible for his family to accept which is why they were easy prey for the vultures IMO. There was never any money to be made by the vultures if he acted alone, so that wasn't the narrative they wanted to push. They lied to the Watts and gave them false hope to cling to IMO.

Maybe one day the Watts will also tell their story about how they were re-victimized by the conspiracy theori$t$. If both families tell their stories it would be a powerful testament to their faith and would go even further to help prevent re-victimization of people on social media in the future IMO.
Bbm. According to Cadle's book. " The Murders of Christopher Watts", Cadle had originally been in contact with Cindy, in book prep. Once Cadle started hearing the story in person from CW's own lips, Cadle decided it could not be a religious book as Cindy wanted.
Ie, how CW had found religion and was forgiven. Cindy demanded to see what CW was writing, what he was confessing to.

Cadle refused to give a copy of the book to Cindy ahead of publication. Because, Cadle said CW said not to. He said about his mother and family "tell them to read the book".

Between the Feb 2019 five hour confession and his own letters to Cadle shortly thereafter his story is remarkably consistent.

The part he does not want to elaborate on is how he killed the girls. And how he got their bodies into the tanks. Imo Cece was taken to the tanks in a container and Bella had seen her comatose after he tried killing her the first time. Imo he took Cece over his shoulder, while dragging Bella along, up the tank steps all 3 together. Remember in the Feb 2019 confession, he didn't really say. Agent Coder had verbally assumed that he killed them separately in the truck and made 2 trips. CW did not contradict Coder.

IMO Bella saw him kill Cece just before stuffing her in the tank. At this moment Bella asked if the same was going to happen to her, and pleaded No Daddy. If he had actually taken just Cece to the tank alone, Bella would not have known what he did.

This man is a freakcase stone cold baby killer.

imo

Last edited:
Bbm. According to Cadle's book. " The Murders of Christopher Watts", Cadle had originally been in contact with Cindy, in book prep. Once Cadle started hearing the story in person from CW's own lips, Cadle decided it could not be a religious book as Cindy wanted.
Ie, how CW had found religion and was forgiven. Cindy demanded to see what CW was writing, what he was confessing to.

Cadle refused to give a copy of the book to Cindy ahead of publication. Because, Cadle said CW said not to. He said about his mother and family "tell them to read the book".

Between the Feb 2019 five hour confession and his own letters to Cadle shortly thereafter his story is remarkably consistent.

The part he does not want to elaborate on is how he killed the girls. And how he got their bodies into the tanks. Imo Cece was taken to the tanks in a container and Bella had seen her comatose after he tried killing her the first time. Imo he took Cece over his shoulder, while dragging Bella along, up the tank steps all 3 together. Remember in the Feb 2019 confession, he didn't really say. Agent Coder had verbally assumed that he killed them separately in the truck and made 2 trips. CW did not contradict Coder.

IMO Bella saw him kill Cece just before stuffing her in the tank. At this moment Bella asked if the same was going to happen to her, and pleaded No Daddy. If he had actually taken just Cece to the tank alone, Bella would not have known what he did.

This man is a freakcase stone cold baby killer.

imo

IIRC Chris mentioned something about a demonic entity possessing him. Maybe that's true, but I still don't think he could have ever truly loved his children or nothing could have made him do what he did.

Perhaps he would truly repent one day if his family ever holds him fully accountable. He needs to really feel the pain he caused his own family first IMO.

I do pray that people will treat both families with kindness and compassion. I've seen countless nasty comments over the years aimed at his family and I'm guilty of doing that myself. I want them to know that I'm truly sorry for that.

Firstly, glad as anyone to see CW the narcissistic monster continue behind bars and denied his freedom.

I have some but not detailed or intricate knowledge of the case. I recently watched this Youtube video which I'll link here which attempts to delves into the actions of Nichol Kessinger during her interviews with LE/ FBI, and some digging into her background. I'm not sure whether this is allowed but I'll share a link and if it breaches rules then no worries just delete and I'll not seek to repeat.

The reason for sharing is not in any way to deflect from CW but the information presented is interesting and raises many questions regarding NK.

I am open to the idea that I found this interesting may well be confirmation bias. I could never fully buy NKs actions with regard to deleting the phone apps and texts (obstruction of justice and destruction of evidence) which by themselves of course don't make her guilty of anything but just that, however I can't help but wonder what her true motivations were in doing that.

Is it panic and seeking to ensure she isn't linked and therefore distancing herself? Or is there something more - which the author of the podcast is seeking to assert?

In the end, it really doesn't matter. I don't believe that NK killed or participated in the death of Shanann or the girls. Did she possibly fantasize with CW about them being gone? Sure, I don't doubt that for a minute. Could they have talked about killing them? Maybe. But in the end, CW is the one who killed his wife and daughters, shoved little girls into an oil vat, and threw dirt over his dead wife.

NK seems to have problems. I honestly can't imagine what she saw in CW. Marriage?!

In the end, it really doesn't matter. I don't believe that NK killed or participated in the death of Shanann or the girls. Did she possibly fantasize with CW about them being gone? Sure, I don't doubt that for a minute. Could they have talked about killing them? Maybe. But in the end, CW is the one who killed his wife and daughters, shoved little girls into an oil vat, and threw dirt over his dead wife.

NK seems to have problems. I honestly can't imagine what she saw in CW. Marriage?!

Speculating - I suppose the authors of the podcast are somewhere towards suggesting complicity/ conspiracy etc?

There was nothing in that video that hasn't been disclosed previously. He does a professional job, but i was gobsmacked that one of the charges he threw out was that someone told him maybe she stabbed someone in the back when she was a teen. He said his whole video was taken from "forensic examination of the discovery". But that tidbit comes straight from youtubers who also spout off salacious rumors by the batch.
I know others, here, disagree but she had no motive for murder. A 30 yr old woman is going to throw her personal and professional life away for nothing?

Everything she lied about was to cover her azz, the prosecution was assessing their star witness. I find it sophomoric to presume (as the creator does) that the discovery contained the entirety of the investigation at the pd date.
And that LE had not bothered to verify NK's arrival at work the a.m. of the 13th.

The video guy makes a huge easily disprovable error by saying CW freaked out when he saw the brill report and suddenly went for a plea deal to protect NK. It had been in the works since September, and DA R had already presented the details to the R's before this creator says Cw suddenly demanded a pd just days before the hearing. Big mistake in the video narrative. I still believe Watts pushed the plea deal to prevent the details of the torture of Bella and the extent of his treatment of the bodies from coming out. Bella had crude oil in her stomach.

I have lots more to explain her sleazy squirming lies but I'll let someone else have a chance. Everything she did and said was from a well worn soap opera script. Just that this time the philanderer ahole murdered his family because HE wasn't corrected as he grew up so empty and in need of programming in the human being department. The answers lie in the women who brought him up, not in some 30ish woman with a ticking bio clock.

Imo

Last edited:
Speculating - I suppose the authors of the podcast are somewhere towards suggesting complicity/ conspiracy etc?

Maybe. But I personally don't see it on the same level as Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow Daybell.

I am sure that CW could have made a case that he is a pointy head idiot who was manipulated by an evil psychopath into killing his wife and family. I would believe it. But, he didn't. He took the fall for the killing of SW and the children. Maybe NK manipulated that too.

I don't see the level of conspiracy that happened in Colorado with the death of Kelsey Berreth, I mean, Krystal Lee Kenny actually cleaned up the gruesome murder scene for Patrick Frazee!

How do people get involved with that kind of mess? Some guy tells me to help him clean up the blood where he killed his GF?! Hard no, and I would call LEO in a heartbeat.

IIRC Chris mentioned something about a demonic entity possessing him. Maybe that's true, but I still don't think he could have ever truly loved his children or nothing could have made him do what he did.

Perhaps he would truly repent one day if his family ever holds him fully accountable. He needs to really feel the pain he caused his own family first IMO.

I do pray that people will treat both families with kindness and compassion. I've seen countless nasty comments over the years aimed at his family and I'm guilty of doing that myself. I want them to know that I'm truly sorry for that.
His family have gone after Shannan hard. Relentlessly. I have no pity for that family.

I think there’s a reason CW turned out the way he did.

I know this is a mundane observation to all of you that have been devoted to following this case. I was aware of the "gist", but not the indepth understanding. Just have to say how strange it has been to review the initial threads as this unfolded. Such an interesting and complex case to follow.

There is truly a sense of relief to see criminal get what they deserve. Following this case, in depth, must have brought many a great sense of relief and believe in the justice system... finally.

His family have gone after Shannan hard. Relentlessly. I have no pity for that family.

I think there’s a reason CW turned out the way he did.
I agree, the Watts family was so nasty and hateful in their words and actions about Shannan, always painting her as a villain even after their precious 'boy' admitted to the heinous details of what he did to his loving family. Sick and dysfunctional hardly begins to describe the toxicity.

MOO

Thank you from me as well NuttMegg.

So deeply touching to watch this video. My heart aches for them all taken away by the very person that was supposed to love, cherish and protect them.

He is as evil as they come.

She wasn't fully forthcoming and honest about all of her communications and knowledge in LE interviews while they were still searching for the murdered wife and babies. Morally, ethically, even just as bare minimum of human decency, there's absolutely zero justification for that behavior.

Also, demonic possession my butt. The only demon was CW, exactly as he is.

Just to clear up that it's not my work, but it's from someone who consistently frames the victims the way that is honest and caring.
This was both joyful and heartbreaking, all at the same time. Those girls were just so precious. It's also horrifying to hear CW sound like a loving father because he could never have done what he did if it was true that he loved them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back