GUILTY CO - Shawna Nelson on trial in the murder of Heather Garraus

The jury has started deliberating the case (February 29, 2008), they broke at 5 p.m. MST for the weekend. The judge told them to be back Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. to continue deliberating.

This case is very interesting to say the least. The victim is the only sympathetic person IMO. Her husband cheated with Shawna, Shawna got pregnant twice, refused to get an abortion with the second pregnancy...Shawna had a lesbian affair (according to Shawna during testimony) with Michelle Moore (who took the plea deal and is facing nine years in prison instead of 48 years), who could have prevented Heather's murder, but didn't. Shawna's husband had an affair with someone in the Weld County DA's office, so the trial had to be moved to Larimer County to avoid any conflict of interest!!! You can't make this up! It's stranger than fiction on a good day. IMO.

I thought the verdict would have come in on Friday. It seemed to me that the District Attorney proved his case beyond a reasonable doubt. Although I do think Michelle Moore had a lot more to do with the planning of Heather's murder.

Thoughts anyone?

The affidavits are like reading a novel there is so much going on.

Thank you emmcee for providing links to this trial. I've decided to follow it on my blog. I've got links to all of the affidavits there and links to pictures of the murder scene.

www.badgirlscrimeblog.com

Jolynna, thank for putting this story on your blog. Your blog is wonderful, I really enjoyed reading it.

emmcee, thank you for providing all of the links. I only had the link to KMGH, I didn't even realize the Greeley Tribune had such a goldmine of information.

This story is worse than a soap opera. There were a lot of revelations that I didn't expect during the trial, but of course I didn't read the affadavits before the trial began. I am going to try to do that over the weekend.

I don't think that Shawna is having a very restful weekend. I think the jury will come back on Monday, does anyone else feel this way?

Again, thanks Jolynna and emmcee!:blowkiss:

Shawna was found guilty today, and immediately sentenced to LWOP,

defence said it will appeal

Michelle Moore is to be sentenced today for her part in the crime, she took a plea and testified against Heather,

TruTV is showing this trial live today. We know the verdict and all the facts but anyone who didn't see it via fox live feed before could watch. Or those who did if they want to do the replay thing. :woohoo:

I felt so awful when I found out about this. She was staying with friends in another state going to school. The thing is, if her mother had still been alive, chances are she wouldn't have been there to be in an accident. This whole thing destroyed so many lives.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080422/NEWS/700250602/0/FRONTPAGE

Michelle Moore sentenced to 9 years for her part in the murder, I bet that was a huge shock to her, from her testimony it appeared to me she was not expecting to get such a severe sentence, even though she had been plotting and scheming to kill somebody
I watched "Married With Secrets" on the ID channel last night even though I was familiar with this story.

I then researched and was saddened to see that Victoria had died at age 17. She looks so much like her mother. She was a beautiful young lady.

I also felt that Moore should have gotten more time. She seemed to be encouraging Shawna to do something about Heather when she should have been encouraging her to leave the family alone.

I also saw that Ignacio was arrested in June of 2017 for DUI. He is listed at that time as being "unemployed." So, his life has spiraled out of control, it seems.
Ignacio Garraus Mugshot | 06/10/17 Florida Arrest

I read that Ken and his three children moved out of state. I hope that that Ken remarried and the kids have been able to have a good life.

I watched "Married With Secrets" on the ID channel last night even though I was familiar with this story.

I then researched and was saddened to see that Victoria had died at age 17. She looks so much like her mother. She was a beautiful young lady.

I also felt that Moore should have gotten more time. She seemed to be encouraging Shawna to do something about Heather when she should have been encouraging her to leave the family alone.

I also saw that Ignacio was arrested in June of 2017 for DUI. He is listed at that time as being "unemployed." So, his life has spiraled out of control, it seems.
Ignacio Garraus Mugshot | 06/10/17 Florida Arrest

I read that Ken and his three children moved out of state. I hope that that Ken remarried and the kids have been able to have a good life.
Oh this is all so sad. Shawna was so manipulative IMO to sooo many people and cold as ice inside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk
Back