Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
IE is probably one of the most expensive attorneys in CO.

Can't wait for her drain the rest of what's left.
Ugh - this makes me really sad.
I really hope Suzanne’s money was protected from Barry in a decedent trust or the like.
Suzanne would have wanted her girls to have anything that was hers.
Barry doesn’t deserve to use her half for his defense- yuck!
IMHO

Of course she was found wearing biking clothing. Had to be found that way to go along with Barry’s narrative of the Mother’s Day (non) bike ride. I mean he set the whole thing up and even though I think he thought she may never be found, he made sure to dress her in some biking clothes (if she wasn’t already wearing them getting ready to go out on her bike ride just before he arrived home Saturday afternoon), just in case. Sure enough, lo and behold, and by imo some divine intervention, she was found. And wow 7 months later via autopsy report, we find out she did in fact have tranq in her system.
Not shocked as LE and most of us here figured tranq was likely used in some form or fashion in the commission of BM’s heinous crime.
I believe investigators have most everything they need to nail him/bring him down for good except for maybe one big thing/final piece of the puzzle.

They need to put him in Moffat. He left his phone at home and used a different vehicle that he had access to to transport SM.
LE needed to find said vehicle. I believe this is likely what they have been/are working diligently on since she was found last September. I suppose they might have that piece figured out already and possibly holding close to the vest prior to making arrest? Idk, but I think he’d likely? Maybe? would’ve been arrested by now if they’re able to put him in the Moffat grave location especially because he’s always been and still is the number one and only suspect. And now with SM’s remains having been found and tranq in her system confirmed, they literally have more of a mount-TON of evidence against him and if they were also able to place him in Moffat, surely he’d be arrested by now? What do y’all think??

It would be great if something else was found at the gravesite that ties back to BM, his DNA under her fingernails? Or something he may have discarded at/near the grave location that was sent out for testing and his fingerprints and/or his DNA were found on it but think they’d have those results back by now and if was the case, again, wouldn’t he have been arrested by now or at the very least, brought in for questioning? Or do you think test results on anything found at the gravesite with SM’s body are possibly still outstanding?

At any rate, I’m just concerned if they still don’t know/can’t put him in Moffat due to him having either used a non-gps vehicle, and/or possibly disabled gps on whichever mode of transport he used. Or, if as some believe, he possibly had help with the disposal (I personally don’t think he had help). If that were the case though, unless someone talks, we may never know. Some people may think with everything else they already had on him in addition to now having found her remains and tranq confirmed in her system, that it’s enough for a conviction, maybe? I tend to doubt it but who knows.

All I know is, IE/team BM will be all over it if they still can’t place the murderer, BM, in Moffat. So ya, it’s still a big concern for me, but I’m gonna hold out hope that LE have since figured that piece of the puzzle out to be able to put the proverbial final nail in BM’s coffin and that his arrest is imminent, as in, the next day or two. Wouldn’t that be great, a girl can dream!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
As someone with several deer hunter family members I've never heard of using animal sedatives in hunting? I can see why game wardens/wildlife management would need it but why would you use it in hunting?
There are hunters and there are predators.

Barry is a predator, been doing it his whole life.

Tranquing animals to gain advantage, steal antlers. Probably didn't even bother to bring then safely back to alert either. Left them to stagger drunk into the forest, inviting injury.

Cold heart, cruel streak.

It's like Barry sits in the barcalounger of life and the whole world is his stage, to have and to hold, to consume and destroy.

Suzanne wanted transparency. Today she gets it.

I sure hope he is arrested before his farce of a funeral takes place.
Agreed.
Esp. if B.M. calls it a "Celebration of Life". :(
A lovely concept, but not in this husband's case -- whom I firmly believe did not love, nor did he value his wife's life.
The cancer port shows she'd battled severe illness and was in remission, only to be allegedly murdered by B.M.
Omo.

Fisher-Byrialsen says investigators gave Barry Morphew and his daughter's the opportunity to pick up Suzanne's remains earlier this year, but on advice from their attorneys, did not collect the remains. Fisher-Byrialsen says prosecutors have not told Barry Morphew whether he is still a suspect in this case. They say Suzanne's remains are still at the El Paso County Coroner's Office where the autopsy was performed.

What the heck, why would attorneys advise not to pick up the love of your life and give her a proper funeral?

In case he is re charged, they would need the remains to do their own testing.

Of course she was found wearing biking clothing. Had to be found that way to go along with Barry’s narrative of the Mother’s Day (non) bike ride. I mean he set the whole thing up and even though I think he thought she may never be found, he made sure to dress her in some biking clothes (if she wasn’t already wearing them getting ready to go out on her bike ride just before he arrived home), just in case.
RSBM

Technically, she wasn't wearing anything. Even her bones were void of any soft tissue according to the AR.
Whatever she actually was wearing, if anything at all, the bike clothes were included with her deceased body when he buried her there. Given what we know about this guy, I can't even see him bothering to dress her after she was deceased.

jmo

You all have posted so much that I agree with! I am just stunned that her autopsy so clearly, to me, validates the state's theory of what happened that final day. I never thought Suzanne would be found, I never thought we would know what happened and I really was doubting Barry would be held accountable. May justice be swift!!

For Barry and her girls to let her remains be held by the medical examiners office, after they have been notified they could be released, tells me all I need to know.

I believe the final days of a free Barry are ending!

Last edited:
RSBM

Technically, she wasn't wearing anything. Even her bones were void of any soft tissue according to the AR.
Whatever she actually was wearing, if anything at all, the bike clothes were included with her deceased body when he buried her there. Given what we know about this guy, I can't even see him bothering to dress her after she was deceased.

jmo
Yeah. I can see her putting on those clothes in between her last communication with Jeff and Barry’s arrival home. There was a substantial gap that perplexed all of us.

So Barry may have killed her in her biking clothes, or more likely, just threw those clothes in her grave.

So did Barry only claim he had the chemicals for hunting, and this is not some new wildly stupid and unethical hunting practice I haven't known about? If so that makes me feel better, haha.

Oh Barry, you so silly.
Barry has been breaking laws for a very long time.

Likely tranquing deer and bringing them into the deer farm gallery for armchair "hunters" who, for a price, are guaranteed a shot.

All those antlers and all those animal mounts, no way he came by them honestly.

JMO

Last edited:
Interior of Barry's truck

What colour (under all the dirt) does anyone think the glove in bottom right corner is? Also looks like a blue latex glove that's turned inside out when being removed from the hand next to the thumb bit of the glove?

moo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_201645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_201645_Chrome.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 103
I think it's possible Suzanne was getting ready for a bike ride for Saturday evening. If she went inside from sunbathing maybe she changed into biking clothing. Her camelback was in the front seat of the car. What if she was preparing to get in her car and go to one of the trails she liked. We know from photos she posted at various trails that she often went in the late afternoon/early evening hours.

What if Barry planned to have steak dinner and make love and it was very clear that Suzanne was moving on.. none of that was going to happen and she made it clear. She was doing what she wanted to do and that was a bike ride. She was done with his games.

I wonder where her car keys were at. Were they in the house or in her car?

This post will date me - I admit it - I am old school - but I hope this development would cause defence attorneys to rethink the practice of staking their personal reputations on the factual innocence of their client. Sometimes i get it where there has been a genuine miscarriage of justuce.

But in this case? Where you get a technical dismissal of an alleged murderer facing that evidence?

I really don't get it. You risk your own credibility - which is critical for attorneys representing clients in Court

This is my own opinion only.

Specific to IE, seems she's taking a different path for part 2 of her legal career:

Her former law partner joined an old school firm, and IE formed an entity where the mission is to take down DA's (under the guise of protecting ethical prosecutors)! This path includes a non-profit organization under the same name which allows collection of tax deductible donations. And a good way to put lobbyists on the payroll. MOO

Probably not a coincidence she shifted gears following a change in State law limiting qualified immunity. IMO, BM's $15M civil suit is her test case.

I think it's possible Suzanne was getting ready for a bike ride for Saturday evening. If she went inside from sunbathing maybe she changed into biking clothing. Her camelback was in the front seat of the car. What if she was preparing to get in her car and go to one of the trails she liked. We know from photos she posted at various trails that she often went in the late afternoon/early evening hours.

What if Barry planned to have steak dinner and make love and it was very clear that Suzanne was moving on.. none of that was going to happen and she made it clear. She was doing what she wanted to do and that was a bike ride. She was done with his games.

I wonder where her car keys were at. Were they in the house or in her car?
I wish I could remember, but I think it was one of the daughter's BF at the time that said Suzanne always rode at a certain time of day. I thought it was morning but now this makes more sense for sure. Also, wasn't her purse also in her car with her camelback?

Of course she was found wearing biking clothing. Had to be found that way to go along with Barry’s narrative of the Mother’s Day (non) bike ride. I mean he set the whole thing up and even though I think he thought she may never be found, he made sure to dress her in some biking clothes (if she wasn’t already wearing them getting ready to go out on her bike ride just before he arrived home Saturday afternoon), just in case. Sure enough, lo and behold, and by imo some divine intervention, she was found. And wow 7 months later via autopsy report, we find out she did in fact have tranq in her system.
Not shocked as LE and most of us here figured tranq was likely used in some form or fashion in the commission of BM’s heinous crime.
I believe investigators have most everything they need to nail him/bring him down for good except for maybe one big thing/final piece of the puzzle.

They need to put him in Moffat. He left his phone at home and used a different vehicle that he had access to to transport SM.
LE needed to find said vehicle. I believe this is likely what they have been/are working diligently on since she was found last September. I suppose they might have that piece figured out already and possibly holding close to the vest prior to making arrest? Idk, but I think he’d likely? Maybe? would’ve been arrested by now if they’re able to put him in the Moffat grave location especially because he’s always been and still is the number one and only suspect. And now with the tranq in SM’s system confirmed, they literally have more of a mount-TON of evidence against him and if they were also able to place him in Moffat, surely he’d be arrested by now? What do y’all think??

It would be great if something else was found at the gravesite that ties back to BM, his DNA under her fingernails? Or something he may have discarded at/near the grave location that was sent out for testing and his fingerprints and/or his DNA were found on it but think they’d have those results back by now and if was the case, again, wouldn’t he have been arrested by now or at the very least, brought in for questioning? Or do you think test results on anything found at the gravesite with SM’s body are possibly still outstanding?

At any rate, I’m just a little concerned if they still don’t know/can’t put him in Moffat due to him having either used a non-gps vehicle, and/or possibly disabled gps on whichever mode of transport he used. Or, if as some believe, he possibly had help with the disposal (I personally don’t think he had help). If that were the case though, unless someone talks, we may never know. Some people may think with everything else they already had on him in addition to now having found her remains and tranq confirmed in her system, that it’s enough for a conviction, maybe? I tend to doubt it but who knows.

All I know is, IE/team BM will be all over it if they still can’t place the murderer, BM, in Moffat. So ya, it’s still a big concern for me, but I’m gonna hold out hope that LE have since figured that piece of the puzzle out to be able to put the proverbial final nail in BM’s coffin and that his arrest is imminent, as in, the next day or two. Wouldn’t that be great, a girl can dream!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity
Great post, as usual.

Re Moffat. she didn't walk there.
Nobody else brought her there.
He had more than enough time to drop her in Moffat, dig his shallow grave and return. Not all vehicles use GPS or have GPS in working order..

There is ONE other possibility..
If they can, long shot here, highly unlikely, BUT if they can trace the batch of the tranquiliser from the sample they have to that which Barry owned... it's home and dry.

Long shot but ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member