Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to point out that, for decades, Barry illegally dominated the animal kingdom.

It was that very animal kingdom who disinterred Suzanne's grave, who unbarried her remains.... and since he chose a stupid location, it seems only small animals carried bones away. Rodents. Chipmunks, if you will. Leaving a femur with precious bone marrow.... her skull and chest....

IMO Suzanne is getting the last word. And so are the animals. Divine comeuppance for the creatures of all sizes that he tormented.

Those days are coming to a dramatic halt.

JMO

Last edited:
Given that the Celebration of Life will be a PR event for Mr. Morphew, it would seem like an arrest beforehand, or even as he arrives at the event, could be of strategic value. While this decision would rest on other factors related to the strength of the State's case, it would be hard to find a more decisive way to begin his path toward retribution.

And, it must be said, it would provide certain participants in this forum a not insubstantial amount of exhilaration (particularly if there’s video!).

Given that the Celebration of Life will be a PR event for Mr. Morphew, it would seem like an arrest beforehand, or even as he arrives at the event, could be of strategic value. While this decision would rest on other factors related to the strength of the State's case, it would be hard to find a more decisive way to begin his path toward retribution.

And, it must be said, it would provide certain participants in this forum a not insubstantial amount of exhilaration (particularly if there’s video!).
Didn't sound like a PR event to me - although I can't recall how it became "public" info. I just keep thinking about their daughters :-( not so much about BM.

I do dabble in a bit of catastrophic thinking so please forgive me—

Unlike before, I’m worried he will pull a Fotis and take his own life, realizing this time he can’t wriggle free.

It’s the only way to keep his family on his narrative and avoid conviction.

Not out of remorse, of course, but out of controlling those around him, the last word.

The letter of lies to his girls would make us all heave all the while his lawyers would blame the tragedy on the unjust judicial system putting enormous undue pressure on an innocent father and widower :rolleyes:

Lets hope for an indictment ASAP!

4/24/24

[..]

The case was dismissed without prejudice just nine days before the trial was to begin in April 2022. Without prejudice means that prosecutors can re-file charges. There is a question as to where the case would be tried if that happens. The 19th Judicial District, run by District Attorney Linda Stanley, may relinquish the case to the 12th Judicial District, which is based in Alamosa and run by District Attorney Anne Kelley.

Mallory and Macy Morphew reportedly still support him. Barry Morphew and Morphew's daughters will be having a celebration of life for Suzanne Morphew on May 4 at Trinity Baptist Church in Westfield, Indiana.

Morphew maintains his innocence in the case. He has moved from Colorado to Indiana, where he and Suzanne first met when she was in high school and he was in college.

[..]

Yes, Suzanne was found in Sept 2023. She'd been buried in a very shallow grave.
Suzanne Morphew's remains found in Saguache County 3 years after disappearance
"Agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation say they came across her remains near Moffat in Saguache County during an unrelated search..."
I have always wondered about this "unrelated search"...
I very much hope so and that an arrest happens imminently.,preferably before he is able to attend a service to celebrate Suzanne's life this Saturday.
I am assuming that this life celebration will not be live streamed? Personally I hope they don't arrest him prior to the theatrics. It's going to be very difficult to keep it together after the autopsy results have been made public in my opinion. He first had the security of no body, then he had the unknown of how she died once she was found. Now he has nothing and I believe this is going to really eat him up. I want him on full display! Barry isn't that cool.
All JMO

I'd like to point out that, for decades, Barry illegally dominated the animal kingdom.

It was that very animal kingdom who disinterred Suzanne's grave, who unbarried her remains.... and since he chose a stupid location, it seems only small animals carried bones away. Rodents. Chipmunks, if you will. Leaving a femur with precious bone marrow.... her skull and chest....

IMO Suzanne is getting the last word. And so are the animals. Divine comeuppance for the creatures of all sizes that he tormented.

Those days are coming to a dramatic halt.

JMO
I know we discussed this a lot, but IIRC it's mostly illegal to even chop antlers off dead deer for much of the year in CO. Or pick them up already shed iirc.

Cutting antlers off of live deer, if both are cut at once, means death for the deer cuz it involves cutting into the skull. Like the kind of rack people display, both connected by that natural plate.

I couldn't find it right now, but I suspect there are laws against animal cruelty like tranqing and operating on them. No way would he want just the ends of the antlers, he'd want the base too, that kind of fringed plate you'll see in craft fairs. They make belt buckles from naturally shed antlers and buttons from the extended part.

Remember Al Capone got convicted for tax evasion, not murder.

HOw curious that BM admitted to IMO animal cruelty, it was obviously to justify the presence of the darts if found.

So like Capone, maybe old concerned furrow brow will get taken in for animal cruelty instead of for the worse crime.

Nah, because he would have gotten rid of the deer had he cut too deeply. It would have been legal on his deer farm but not with wild animals. The deer needs those antlers to fight for the chance to reproduce.

Last edited:
I have always wondered about this "unrelated search"...

I am assuming that this life celebration will not be live streamed? Personally I hope they don't arrest him prior to the theatrics. It's going to be very difficult to keep it together after the autopsy results have been made public in my opinion. He first had the security of no body, then he had the unknown of how she died once she was found. Now he has nothing and I believe this is going to really eat him up. I want him on full display! Barry isn't that cool.
All JMO
I think he will try and sneak in via a side door and avoid any waiting press.

Someone should buy a full page in the local newspaper that day, with key excerpts from the autopsy. A pic of her, and just the bare facts.

No I'm not concerned about ruining Suzanne's day, which I find self serving and insincere. She would be rolling over in her grave in anger, if they had given her the simple honor of even having a grave. She would be pained to the soul at how they discarded her.
Imo

Didn't sound like a PR event to me - although I can't recall how it became "public" info. I just keep thinking about their daughters :-( not so much about BM.
It is just so odd to me the timing of this service. Initially, it made sense to me because I assumed with the autopsy being public that also meant the body was released to the family and even as much as I dislike Barry and what he has done and continues to do, I could push aside those feelings and think that it's because they have her body now they can celebrate her life and bury her (well maybe Barry thinks he's already buried her once so why bother again?). Then we learn that Barry didn't pick up her body and it's still sitting at the coroners office. Now it does start to feel like a show.

I want to know if Barry had those autopsy results before the public did. When did he have them and when was this service initially planned. Was it before or after Barry knew what the results of that autopsy were.

It's hard to not think things are rotten when it involves Barry. I do feel for the girls, but I am not so sure they would have taken the lead on planning a service without their dads approval. So I am back to thinking WTH is this all about.

I know we discussed this a lot, but IIRC it's mostly illegal to even chop antlers off dead deer for much of the year in CO. Or pick them up already shed iirc.

Cutting antlers off of live deer, if both are cut at once, means death for the deer cuz it involves cutting into the skull. Like the kind of rack people display, both connected by that natural plate.

I couldn't find it right now, but I suspect there are laws against animal cruelty like tranqing and operating on them. No way would he want just the ends of the antlers, he'd want the base too, that kind of fringed plate you'll see in craft fairs. They make belt buckles from naturally shed antlers and buttons from the extended part.

Remember Al Capone got convicted for tax evasion, not murder.

HOw curious that BM admitted to IMO animal cruelty, it was obviously to justify the presence of the darts if found.

So like Capone, maybe old concerned furrow brow will get taken in for animal cruelty instead of for the worse crime.

Nah, because he would have gotten rid of the deer had he cut too deeply. It would have been legal on his deer farm but not with wild animals. The deer needs those antlers to fight for the chance to reproduce.
Shed antlers are also really important for small critters as a source of calcium. Natural recycling. The fashion trends of hunting naturally shed antlers for decor items actually upsets the natural recycling balance that benefits the smaller creatures like squirrels, chipmunks, coyotes, rodents, and such.

This is a very controversial issue:

"Antlers as calcium - High Country News."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members