Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading the AA again now and things just stick out different now that we know he did use that tranquillizer on her.

WHY did Suzanne text Barry "want to hike" and then a little bit later she texted again "wanna meet to hike"

Then he texts, "no, I'll come home"

BUT then she messages Jeff at 11:42 saying she was alone again.

WHY would she text him to see if he wanted to hike with her?

I can't shake the feeling that Barry somehow could access her phone or make it seem like she sent those messages, but she didn't. Same with the FB account. That FB reset notification happened just after 11am on the 9th.. She is texting him about hiking at 9 and 10 something am that day. Then this FB reset notification, then he's on his way home. Ugh and that missing device that was connecting. What was that? Was he able to hack into her phone?

Did she really want to hike with him on the 9th? Was she dressed to go hiking when he arrive home? Was he going to take her hiking and tranquilize her there?

Edited to add: Barry also brings up hiking in his interviews because he can't recall which day they hiked to Fooses. So was he trying to set a narrative that they did hike. Was this more like a business as usual, nothing to see here? No trouble in our marriage.. we are out hiking and enjoying the day.

Penblwydd Hapus Suzanne
Hope Suzanne's siblings, friends and other loved ones are being supported, today is possibly bittersweet for them, remembering Suzanne, justice creeping closer, the cage around Barry coming down bar by bar - what a mish mash of things they must be feeling, but not having the one person to celebrate being right there, in person, is just so very sad. Xx

Judging by what I have observed on social media since the news of the autopsy results broke, the Barry supporters have crawled back into the woodwork.
It's remarkable, isn't it? That's what I've seen too. Even the Facebook threads for the Denver news channels which generally tend to have a ton of contrarians and toadies have been super consistent in anti-Barry sentiment. And the other socials that attract more true-crime buffs are even more sure he's guilty and ready to throw away the key and let him rot.

I really want to know what the family is thinking. Especially the daughters. I feel like yet again he will manipulate them and claim he hit her withe the dart by accident. And panicked. JMO
Why would he admit to hitting her with a dart? The daughters are going to be in denial for as long as it takes to prove BM killed their mother.

"Morphew gave inconsistent answers in police interviews as to the last time he used the tranquilizer serum, the arrest document said. In the May 5 interview, he said the last time he used the chemicals to sedate deer was at the end of April 2020, just weeks before his wife was last seen alive. But on a subsequent interview on May 28, he said he only used them in Indiana to medicate white tail deer and “never in Colorado.”

BBM

My daughter may be alive but can’t feel or move anything except from her neck up. So basically she is like a dead person to move! Being able to move her head does nothing for me while I dress & undress her every day. I beg to differ with your post. Come help getting my daughter dressed and you’ll see. Moo
As the MeMe to a beautiful granddaughter with severe spina bifada you and your daughter have my prayers. For some reason God has entrusted them to us even though it’s a physically challenging and heartbreaking walk. Biggest hugs.

I am a little perturbed BM might self-harm & "take the easy way out" (coward he is)

Surely there is a contingency plan in place & BM is being watched/tracked/wired up by LE.

Tick tock Tick tock
Even though Iris knows his goose is well with truly cooked ,I think she wants him around for a little while longer so she can extract his remaining golden eggs in order to top up her bank account.

Hmm. The sweatshirt, not biking apparel imo, the shorts could be. As you say - could be lounging around clothes.

No mention of underwear other than a bra though, unless that's the fabric fragment?
(Understand why feet could be missing therefore socks/footwear etc are also missing - but struggling with missing underwear)

moo

Why would he admit to hitting her with a dart? The daughters are going to be in denial for as long as it takes to prove BM killed their mother.
This will never stop breaking my heart. Never. As a domestic violence survivor myself, I remember the heartbreak of friends and acquaintances siding with my ex despite all the evidence. I can't imagine a worse injustice for a DV homicide victim than to have your own beloved children support your murderer. That said, I have a strong spiritual sense of Suzanne loving the girls as hard as she can from the great beyond, gently urging them toward the truth in their own time when it is emotionally and physically safe for them to accept reality, and not a moment before. Putting them first. It's what we mothers do, no matter how hard and painful. And Suzanne now has the strength of being united with her Higher Power, in whom she had such unwavering faith in life.

No mention of underwear other than a bra though, unless that's the fabric fragment?
(Understand why feet could be missing therefore socks/footwear etc are also missing - but struggling with missing underwear)

moo
Some bike shorts come with built-in underwear of various types. No idea if this applies here, though.

Even though Iris knows his goose is well with truly cooked ,I think she wants him around for a little while longer so she can extract his remaining golden eggs in order to top up her bank account.
Smell that? His golden eggs are cooked too.

He can't possibly still be flush with money, can he?

It's a pretty tiny purse to hold $15 million you'll never see.

This will never stop breaking my heart. Never. As a domestic violence survivor myself, I remember the heartbreak of friends and acquaintances siding with my ex despite all the evidence. I can't imagine a worse injustice for a DV homicide victim than to have your own beloved children support your murderer. That said, I have a strong spiritual sense of Suzanne loving the girls as hard as she can from the great beyond, gently urging them toward the truth in their own time when it is emotionally and physically safe for them to accept reality, and not a moment before. Putting them first. It's what we mothers do, no matter how hard and painful. And Suzanne now has the strength of being united with her Higher Power, in whom she had such unwavering faith in life.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your experiences really set the scene there.

Will Barry yield quietly to arrest or will we see an OJ/ScottPeterson event with a Ford Bronco, dyed hair and a stash of cash?
Well, he already has the highlighted tips and we know he likes to keep a stash of $$$ around, I just don't see BM willingly being arrested and headed to a trial. He's too much of a proud, little, egotistical man to endure that IMO.

His image is all he has left (yes in his twisted mind BM thinks he still looks innocent, IKR?) so for him to be arrested, put on trial and locked up for life if found guilty, I think would be a bridge to far for him.

He said during one of his last interviews/statements that he would "miss hunting and his guns most of all". Not his Daughters or Mother, not his work or the need to find Suzanne's real killer, he'd miss his ability to hunt and kill. Figures.

JMO

BM must not be sleeping very well. If I recall, he admitted to shooting chimpmunks on his property very close in time to the last known whereabouts of a live SM. Also, a single cap to one of those darts used for tranquilizing wildlife was found in the dryer as if he placed it in his pant pocket, forgot about it while hastily cleaning up.

Are we supposed to believe someone shot her with a tranquilizer gun while riding her bike to just drive her 40 plus miles away to bury her in a shallow grave??? Are people driving around shooting darts with sedatives at random people?

And the same chemicals that Barry was known to possess and use! IIRC, he got them from his "deer park mentor" back in Indiana. Or at least, he told the FBI/LE such a story.

The last piece of the puzzle clicked into place when a forensic lab found evidence of each of those anesthetics in Suzanne's body. I was so hopeful that they would (toxins can often be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, post mortem).

She was unconscious, not dead, when he removed her from her home. That meant that there would be no death products/evidence of murder at the property. She was merely "sleeping." It seems clear that he did not shoot or stab her (autopsy would have revealed that).

Barry was the person who last saw her alive. He says she was "sleeping." He is the person with access to the tranq darts. He admitted to use of them. He is the person running frantically around the house that day and he is the person who drove to the place where the bike was deposited (or was it his cell phone that went there? Can't remember).

This occurs during a phone call between Suzanne and her long distance romantic partner. Barry has put up game cams immediately adjacent to the hot tub area.

He is also the person who failed to organize a proper memorial for her (waiting until next week!), or participate in vigils for searchers. He never makes a meaningful plea to her abductor to bring her back.

Then, of course, there's the physical evidence (of dart use, dart disposal, etc). He is caught at least once on video disposing of stuff later recovered by LE, IIRC. And even more damning are the things he said on record (after being told he had the right to remain silent).

All of this reminds me of the famous photo of Barry's style of "organizing" his truck for their move to CO. He's disorganized and that turns out to be a major part of his downfall. He's also sleep-deprived and he gets even sloppier. Disorganized and arrogant, used to getting his own way, this autopsy information is the final nail.

There's a lot more that we don't know, of course.

IMO

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your experiences really set the scene there.
Thanks. It never gets easier, but using my story to support other victims and survivors gives meaning and purpose to past suffering, so I try to speak up whenever it's relevant. I also know how very manipulative these abusers can be with their children, who have a primal need for their parent's love, so I have a lot of sympathy for M&M. I'm sure their mom does too, in the better place where she is now.

moo
I think she was barefoot when she was murdered.

No panties either. Cute shorts, tight glutes, no panty lines.

Barry botched this up bad.

Staging the bike limited the story.

Then for her to be found in lounge wear not biking gear, welp.

So we need a random rancher who happens to have BAM on hand who encounters Suzanne in her comfy clothes, sedates her and murders her, who is then going to take the time to throw her bike in a ravine for no reason at all. Barry boxed himself in with his bad bicycle bumble.

All of his maneuvers to distance himself from the deed become arrows pointing right back at him.

JMO

She had 2 weeks to work on a statement and that's all that she came up with. Both too much and too futile.
Also in the Gazette article: When asked if Barry Morphew is worried the new development could look bad for him, Eytan replied, "What do you mean? He wants to know who did it. He wants for them to pound the pavement and find out."

True, how could the very tranquilizing agent that Barry owned, used, and threw away, being found in Suzanne's bone marrow, look bad?

Imagine feigning incredulity at people thinking a smoking gun is a smoking gun. It's not all bad though, her cash cow will keep on throwing money her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CumulativeHazard