Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do these media outlets give BM's attorneys so much airtime? Honestly feels like they're mouthpieces at times.

And it's so obvious: caffeine, missing bones, clothing, old bullet.

No, Iris & Co., those talking points do not compelling exculpatory evidence make. And they fall very, very, very short of countering the Colorado mountain of evidence against your client.

The investigator on Duty Ron said for the tranquilizer to be in her bone marrow, it had to be there for awhile to show up. Could Barry have just carried her body then dumped her there at Moffat while she was dying? I’m thinking Barry enjoyed this killing.

(comment removed. Please provide link to Lauren Scharf's interview)

BM is not just a killer, he is an idiot.

ETA: sorry for that typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The investigator on Duty Ron said for the tranquilizer to be in her bone marrow, it had to be there for awhile to show up. Could Barry have just carried her body then dumped her there at Moffat while she was dying? I’m thinking Barry enjoyed this killing.

I heard Lauren Scharf today say she was threatened by Barry and he said he would go after her after he found his wife.

BM is not just a killer, he is an idiot.

ETA: sorry for that typo.
Do you have a link. I’ve been wondering about the interval between being injected and showing up in bone marrow. Thank you.

Nearly four years after Suzanne Morphew disappeared from her Chaffee County home, the discovery that she died with animal tranquilizers in her body has refocused attention on her husband’s use of such tranquilizers — an issue that has been woven into the investigation from the beginning.

During a search of the Morphews’ home after Suzanne’s 2020 disappearance, law enforcement officials reported finding a tranquilizer dart gun, empty darts and a needle used to inject tranquilizer chemicals into the darts, according to previous court testimony. They also found a cap used to cover the injecting needle in the clothes dryer at the house, along with bedsheets and clothes.

Why did Barry Morphew say he had tranquilizer darts in his house?​

Barry Morphew first told investigators on May 28, 2020, that he kept darts in his home in order to tranquilize deer, transport the animals and sell them, though he said he’d only done so in Indiana, not in Colorado.

-Months later, in March 2021, Morphew told investigators he used the darts to shoot and tranquilize deer so that he could cut off their antlers, and said that he might have tranquilized two deer at his home in Colorado in late April. He said authorities would find spent darts around his property.

-In April 2021, Morphew told investigators that he uses what’s known as the BAM formulation — a mixture of the three drugs found in Suzanne Morphew’s bones — to sedate deer. He told investigators he bought the chemicals in Indiana and kept them on his workbench in vials. He said he mixed the chemicals into darts himself, rather than using a licensed veterinarian, according to the affidavit.

-When investigators asked whether he could mix the tranquilizer without help from anyone, he said, “Yeah, absolutely.”

-
An investigator asked Morphew in April 2021 whether he might have thrown those tranquilizers away in one of the five “trash runs” he made in and around Broomfield on May 10, 2020, the day his wife was reported missing.

“Could’ve been,” Morphew said.

-

What did Barry Morphew say about the tranquilizer needle cap found in the laundry?​

Barry Morphew admitted to investigators in March 2021 that it looked “a little suspicious” that a tranquilizer needle cap was found with bed sheets in the dryer.

“Because it looks like if I did something, and ripped the sheet, and got blood on them and ripped ’em off and washed ’em — to me, lookin’ at it through a detective’s eyes, that would look a little suspicious,” he said.

-Are there any human uses for BAM?​

No.

-How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?​

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.

Posted this same article yesterday- was he attempting to commit the perfect crime according to his pea-brain? It’s disgusting to think about what happened to Suzanne before she was killed. Living with a madman?

-- I’ve always thought the bike placement on the hill/slope (?) looked staged.

-- Did he redress SM at some point in time?

-- From bathing suit (dont most women, not all have more than one swimsuit) or whatever to bike wear?

-- Yep, he's got an explanation for everything.

-- Confession. "Sure, Jan."

moo

• Apr 29, 2024 Updated 37 mins ago

According to the 129-page arrest affidavit, when investigators questioned Barry Morphew about the tranquilizer on May 5, 2021, he told them, “I’ve shot two deer with my tranq gun ‘cause I used to raise deer and I collect horns and I’ll tell you exactly what I did."

"They’re in the yard. I shoot them, they go to sleep. I cut their horns off and I wake 'em up and they go off with no horns on their head. ... You’re gonna find tranq darts around my property because I’ve done that,” he added.

Prosecutors theorized that Barry Morphew caught his wife at home sunbathing and texting her lover on May 9, 2020, and, enraged that his suspicions about the romance were true, injected her with the chemicals to put her to sleep and killed her later, according to testimony from the preliminary hearing in August 2021.

I am so busy with work and stuff today, but have to check in every so often to see if he's been arrested yet.
Waiting, waiting, tick tock.......where is he anyway, where does he live now?
I want to see a perp walk...finally. Justice for Suzanne, may she soon and finally rest in peace.

This part right here makes me angry: "If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said."

This part right here makes me angry: "If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said."
It sounds to me like she would need to remain alive for some length of time in order for her bone marrow to absorb it. There obviously wouldn’t be any data on humans to determine how long that would be.

Grusing seemed to believe she was alive for a length of time, due to his focus on snoring.

Nearly four years after Suzanne Morphew disappeared from her Chaffee County home, the discovery that she died with animal tranquilizers in her body has refocused attention on her husband’s use of such tranquilizers — an issue that has been woven into the investigation from the beginning.

During a search of the Morphews’ home after Suzanne’s 2020 disappearance, law enforcement officials reported finding a tranquilizer dart gun, empty darts and a needle used to inject tranquilizer chemicals into the darts, according to previous court testimony. They also found a cap used to cover the injecting needle in the clothes dryer at the house, along with bedsheets and clothes.

Why did Barry Morphew say he had tranquilizer darts in his house?​

Barry Morphew first told investigators on May 28, 2020, that he kept darts in his home in order to tranquilize deer, transport the animals and sell them, though he said he’d only done so in Indiana, not in Colorado.

-Months later, in March 2021, Morphew told investigators he used the darts to shoot and tranquilize deer so that he could cut off their antlers, and said that he might have tranquilized two deer at his home in Colorado in late April. He said authorities would find spent darts around his property.

-In April 2021, Morphew told investigators that he uses what’s known as the BAM formulation — a mixture of the three drugs found in Suzanne Morphew’s bones — to sedate deer. He told investigators he bought the chemicals in Indiana and kept them on his workbench in vials. He said he mixed the chemicals into darts himself, rather than using a licensed veterinarian, according to the affidavit.

-When investigators asked whether he could mix the tranquilizer without help from anyone, he said, “Yeah, absolutely.”

-
An investigator asked Morphew in April 2021 whether he might have thrown those tranquilizers away in one of the five “trash runs” he made in and around Broomfield on May 10, 2020, the day his wife was reported missing.

“Could’ve been,” Morphew said.

-

What did Barry Morphew say about the tranquilizer needle cap found in the laundry?​

Barry Morphew admitted to investigators in March 2021 that it looked “a little suspicious” that a tranquilizer needle cap was found with bed sheets in the dryer.

“Because it looks like if I did something, and ripped the sheet, and got blood on them and ripped ’em off and washed ’em — to me, lookin’ at it through a detective’s eyes, that would look a little suspicious,” he said.

-Are there any human uses for BAM?​

No.

-How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?​

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.
How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?

“If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.”

This is what I was looking for. Thank you!

I am so busy with work and stuff today, but have to check in every so often to see if he's been arrested yet.
Waiting, waiting, tick tock.......where is he anyway, where does he live now?
I want to see a perp walk...finally. Justice for Suzanne, may she soon and finally rest in peace.
I would be shocked if this isn't re-charged now. All of that cell phone evidence is totally unnecessary once you have a manner of death that the suspect admitted to being skilled in the art of using, having access to, and admitted that he may have discarded after his wife's disappearance. And the needle sheath in the fresh laundry seals the deal.

Lauren is one of the good 'uns, and has been an absolute bulldog in pursuit of justice for Suzanne. Following.

Judge Lama, on the other hand, may be revising the Morphew Case chapter of his memoirs.

A theory should always be evaluated as "speculative" or not on the basis of the facts at hand, and not an attorney's pressure campaign.
Please, please arrest Barry today. It would be sweet.

It sounds to me like she would need to remain alive for some length of time in order for her bone marrow to absorb it. There obviously wouldn’t be any data on humans to determine how long that would be.

Grusing seemed to believe she was alive for a length of time, due to his focus on snoring.
I agree. IMO quite some time too for there still to be some found 3 years later. I’d be really interested in seeing the toxicology report and what parameters were used to determine amounts remaining versus amounts injected. My spidey trial brain is working overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member