Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never suggested Duty Ron is a pathologist. He did however have an expert guest on. But if it might help you to believe an arrest is sure (if not imminent), there were four doctors who witnessed and signed off on the autopsy. A second autopsy was performed in Quantico, VA. Any of those four, or one from the FBI in Quantico could testify.
I wasn't having a go at you, sorry if it appeared that way.
I'm not doubting the integrity of the autopsy or the attendants.
I am saying we do not have enough information at this point in time or the full results of any of the testing they did.
My comments are based upon what we received.

Look, they have had the information for some time now, if there was enough for a warrant it would probably have been issued already.

Let's not get our hopes up until it actually happens.

Hey guys, I didn’t discuss Duty Ron here, or his guest on his show, to make it seem like he is an expert of anything. I have only seen his show maybe three times. The first was about the Gabby Petito case in Florida. (I might have misspelled her name.). He is a former NYPD detective so I thought he might know about that case.

I then saw his podcast today. There are many people discussing animal tranquilizers now, of which I know NOTHING about. And I do not think there are any human studies on those.

But to think that Agent Grusing and the prosecutor thought BM may have shot Suzanne with a dart gun made me take notice when her autopsy mentioned animal tranquilizers. Think of it! Her death was ruled homicide and then they mention she had BAM in her bone marrow. They had a very good reason for mentioning that. We know she didn’t commit suicide by drinking it. We know she didn’t commit suicide by stabbing herself with a dart gun. we know she didn’t commit suicide at all!

So iris sends out her law partner to reiterate that Barry isn’t guilty and maybe LE should look at hunters or ranchers in the area who use BAM. Sure Iris. Keep it up. You lost all credibility today.

I am saying we do not have enough information at this point in time or the full results of any of the testing they did.

Look, they have had the information for some time now, if there was enough for a warrant it would probably have been issued already.

Thank you. I’m guessing, again, that it is all strategic. Maybe they are having a grand jury meet? Maybe they are tying things up in a neat little bow? It doesn’t matter to me. I guess in my mind I believe they will get him at some point because I believe he is guilty.. Maybe they are waiting for his buddy to tell what he knows, the one who made 400 tours? i think someone knows something. Maybe his girlfriend needs to talk.

Why the bleaching in the hotel room? At the time I thought it was to clean up residue from a crime scene. Now that we know the cause of death that doesn't work. What was he cleaning up?
Cleaning himself - have you seen the pics of how red and raw his skin looked. He had scratches on his arms and wanted to make sure he was pristine no wifey dna. Maybe cadaverine on him and his stuff in transit with her and burying her.
Bleaching the tools he brought to the hotel that I presume he used to dig her shallow grave in Moffat. They were not the right tools for the job in Broomfield.
It all fits unfortunately. JMO

He remembered to take the bike clothes but he forgot her shoes.

Her biking clothes were found with her remains, according to Barry's attorney and the autopsy report.
A bullet was also found, but it wasn't clear whether it was used, according to the attorneys. They also tell 9NEWS that none of Suzanne's bones in her feet were found in the shallow grave, nor were her shoes. They do not know why that might be.

Thank you. I’m guessing, again, that it is all strategic. Maybe they are having a grand jury meet? Maybe they are tying things up in a neat little bow? It doesn’t matter to me. I guess in my mind I believe they will get him at some point because I believe he is guilty.. Maybe they are waiting for his buddy to tell what he knows, the one who made 400 tours? i think someone knows something. Maybe his girlfriend needs to talk.
I'm afraid to hope.
There is no way on earth we could have even taken a hint of a guess at the outcome of the last one..
We were 100% sure.
Everybody was.
I didn't get iffy until the prelim, the first 5 minutes and I remember making a post about it... but even at that there was no way to predict that the chief witnesses would be thrown out on a whim..

the stakes are even higher this time round

SO let's talk about this second device for Barry that was noted as first being linked to his phone on Nov 30, 2019. Maybe these dates/times can tell us something about what it could be...

May 8th a second device was associated with Barry's with an SMS at 3:43pm MST

Then also noted were the following associations with Barry's phone.

5/5 12:48pm (UTC-6)
5/10 8:47am (UTC-6)
5/10 11:50am (UTC-6)
5/11 7:54am (UTC-6)
5/11 8:14am (UTC-6)
5/11 5:44pm (UTC-6)
5/12 5:58pm (UTC-6)

@MassGuy I feel like I've seen you mention this device in the past. Did you ever analyze this and figure out any significance with these times/days and activities or events?

Is the time listed in MST? Is that what UCT-6 means? Does that equal MST or do we need to convert that time listed?
Definitely wasn’t me. I’ve never really focused on this mysterious device, as I’m really not sure what the whole point of it was.

I’m sure SA Hoyland will have an explanation at trial

She had biking shorts on and the brand I think was mentioned in the autopsy report. In the images in the AA of her biking pics from her instagram it appears that sometimes she wore a sweatshirt. I don’t think we can assume she didn’t dress like that around the house and we don’t know the time she disappeared/was killed for sure so she could conceivably been returning or leaving to go for a ride the baklava tells me she could have either been leaving or returning to the house or it could be that it was just stuffed in her sweatshirt pocket. We just don’t know.
Barry dressed in whatever he thought would would fit his alibi. There was no bike ride.

He remembered to take the bike clothes but he forgot her shoes.

Her biking clothes were found with her remains, according to Barry's attorney and the autopsy report.
A bullet was also found, but it wasn't clear whether it was used, according to the attorneys. They also tell 9NEWS that none of Suzanne's bones in her feet were found in the shallow grave, nor were her shoes. They do not know why that might be.
Lauren Scharf referenced that in her podcast last night, she said a pathologist told her that the fingers and toes were the first to be consumed by animals..

here's the link.
She is a breath of fresh air.
A really lovely lady

I'm not sure where she is working now.

She also said she has lots of unreleased material but because she has so much integrity she will hold it until after a trial and conviction..

She may even be called as a witness?

He will be arrested.

Why the bleaching in the hotel room? At the time I thought it was to clean up residue from a crime scene. Now that we know the cause of death that doesn't work. What was he cleaning up?
Just a guess:
At first I don't think she was dead, but by the time he got her out to where he was going to bury her and use his shovel I think his clothing maybe the shovel touched her body that was already deceased, I think he bleached down his equipment or tools or whatever in that motel room. He might have even bleached down part of his body because his body had have touched her as he buried her.

She had biking shorts on and the brand I think was mentioned in the autopsy report. In the images in the AA of her biking pics from her instagram it appears that sometimes she wore a sweatshirt. I don’t think we can assume she didn’t dress like that around the house and we don’t know the time she disappeared/was killed for sure so she could conceivably been returning or leaving to go for a ride the baklava tells me she could have either been leaving or returning to the house or it could be that it was just stuffed in her sweatshirt pocket. We just don’t know.

Mmmm, activating my sweet tooth.

lifted-baklava-720x720.jpg

Yes, common in cases of bodies deposited on the surface, but it can also occur with shallow burial situations (~2 feet or less, give or take), since animals are still able to smell the byproducts of decomposition leaching out into the air as a result of the shallow depth. Canids (dogs, wolves, coyotes) and wild pigs are attracted to these odors and will dig, and human hands/feet can be disarticulated and carried away easily.
Thanks, @BlackholeSeason for lending your expertise to this case. We've all been wondering about these parts being easily carried away, and appreciate the confirmation. Cheers!

I'm afraid to hope.
There is no way on earth we could have even taken a hint of a guess at the outcome of the last one..
We were 100% sure.
Everybody was.
I didn't get iffy until the prelim, the first 5 minutes and I remember making a post about it... but even at that there was no way to predict that the chief witnesses would be thrown out on a whim..

the stakes are even higher this time round
BBM
You bet they are! This will be the last shot at the apple, moo! This HAS to be done right, airtight as it can be, with no surprises that could derail a guilty verdict in the making! I’ve waited 4 years, I don’t mind waiting longer. I’m grateful we are where we are rn!

MOO

Let's not get our hopes up until it actually ha

I do have these nagging doubts as well as to why he hasn't been arrested yet, but let's remain cautiously optimistic that it will happen soon.
Wonder if Barry is having sleepless nights waiting for that knock on the door or is he so sure of himself after getting away with it once that it just doesn't enter his mind that another arrest is even possible?

Barry has supporters? Other than his mom, I mean. And IE, who he pays to support him.

I have seen this thread near the top for a few days, but hadn't had a chance to check until I saw on CBS This Morning today that the autopsy results had come out, and man did I whoop for joy!! I was ecstatic! Omg omg omg... I never thought they would find much, let alone the smoking dart, as others cleverer than me have coined it.

BAM! Literally!

AND it's moving to a different jurisdiction? YES!!! And maybe, just in time for Mother's Day, a long overdue arrest?!?

P.S. For the love of god, Iris, give it up already. You sound ridiculous. No one is buying your nonsense.

She does sound ridiculous. And sickening. Her outright lies and mis-splanations should not be tolerated by any court, anywhere.

I believe she dreamt up the scheme to have SD hire a lawyer with a connection to Judge Murphy so Iris could then use that connection to get Judge Murphy to recuse himself in the first go-round of Colorado vs BM.

Talk about shady. IMO

I did not catch that on the actual clothes found! Got sucked in by Iris

If Iris says something, try believing the opposite of what she says, and you’ll be closer to the truth. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861