Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny. I remember the story in a different way too.
Barry was there at the Poncha Springs Market a few days after the murder when the market was closed. An employee noticed him rummaging through the trash. Iirc they asked him what he was doing.
He said he was looking for a bike helmet.
I remember seeing the employee interviewed and I think iirc they showed what Barry wrote down. Might have been on the back of register tape:
“Baby Blue
Bike
Helmet”
There was talk on the threads about was it a baby blue bike and a helmet or just the bike helmet. Others thought he was maybe getting rid of her phone.
Just my recollection which may be off. Nothing was ever found there. And the security tape was never picked up by LE.

JMO.
Here’s a photo of the register tape from
Poncha Springs Market that Barry wrote Suzanne’s description on.

Also a photo of BM with a baby blue bicycle on his bike trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 40
The thing is, and I realise i went deeper on this stuff that was probably good for my sanity, there doesn't appear to have been any reason to file the stuff late, other than institutional fail across multiple cases.

Take the CAST expert. The defence know who the CAST expert is since before the prelim. The defence had the CAST report since before the prelim. Yet the DA managed to get the CAST expert sanctioned for not delivering some standard form stuff on time.

When I have time, i will try to find the states response seeking reinstatement of the experts - it's all in that, and it's posted in the media thread somewhere.

tldr; this was more a case of the DA not handing in her homework on time, despite actually having done her homework

If so, its in the telematics
Yes, but remember it’s a RR!!

another thing that i have been mulling over is the crested butte sweatshirt that was found near SM’s remains
there are a number of photographs of SM wearing this garment and it appears to be a favourite of hers, it is also quite distinctive
surely at some point LE would have taken BM or her daughters to the home and asked “are any of her clothes missing?”
why was this garment never mentioned in any of the missing posters or other information about SM?
not exactly “biking clothes”
moo
Such a good point. Someone should have noticed that a favorite sweatshirt of hers was missing. Favorite clothing is very difficult for loved ones to part with, I would think at some point it should have registered, hey where's moms Crested Butte sweatshirt? Especially if it's one that the girls thought Mom looked ridiculous in, as many teens think about their mom's clothing! JMO

I would have thought after 7 months they would have had test results back and collected any other data they needed.
Sometimes, especially with trace evidence, you need to find the right person and lab who thinks they have a validated method to get you the right data. The extractions are usually destructive so you wait until you think you have the best shot.

another thing that i have been mulling over is the crested butte sweatshirt that was found near SM’s remains
there are a number of photographs of SM wearing this, or a similar, garment and it appears to be a favourite of hers, it is also quite distinctive
surely at some point LE would have taken BM or her daughters to the home and asked “are any of her clothes missing?”
why was this garment never mentioned in any of the missing posters or other information about SM?
not exactly “biking clothes”
moo
Didn't bereft Barry pack up Suzanne's things at record speed? Because grief guilt. Guessing he made certain no one who'd know could inventory her things to discover what was missing.

Recall the one outfit he described. White. Maybe with torn ribbing. She probably wore that on Friday and he had to crawl that far back in his memory to get an unadulterated image from the warehouse there. Not her bikini, not her Crested Butte sweatshirt.

It's hard to sell your lies when your lies collide.

JMO

Last edited:
This video is from back when Suzanne's body was found in September. In it, a former prosecutor says that they should slow things down, grand jury this, and wait to see what they body tells them. As we know, they now have that answer.
I do wonder if they are trying to connect Barry to that site. If they have eyes on him, they could wait to see if they can connect some other dots. They know where he is and I think they have him exactly where they want him. They can observe if he's doing or saying anything shady now that he knows that they know he used that BAM on her. He knows he is caught it's just a matter of time.

I have wondered if they are also waiting for a friend in the area to come forward now that everyone knows BAM was used on her and Barry admits to owning, using, and disposing of BAM. Maybe a vehicle parked down from his house or a vehicle of a friend of his.

I already think the case against him is strong, but if they had any evidence to link him to the location she was found.. either a vehicle or a friend that said he had been there before or could have used their vehicle.. it would wrap it all up perfectly.

Last edited:
A guilty man wouldn't do 3 30 interviews.

A guilty man wouldn't make a public statement too soon.

A guilty man wouldn't take up prayer sessions with another woman.

A guilty man wouldn't turn in his rusty, sawed off .22.

But here's my question, of the man who thought he was telegraphing 'not guilty', did he resist the draw to revisit Moffat?

He would know that a guilty man would so did he stay away? Missed the opportunity to re-barry her?

So controlling throughout, did he exercise a degree of self-control and stay away?

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Barry was seen throwing away trash that may have contained similar clothing to what he claimed Suzanne was wearing.

Regardless, this doesn’t appear to match what was found in her grave.

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

Page 23

IMG_7349.jpeg

His very first video selfie after she went missing set off all the alarms in my hinkey-meter, and nothing he has done or said has eliminated my belief in his guilt in her death.
Same.
I had to watch and listen 4 times in a row because I could not believe what was trying to be sold to me by the shyster.

I’m pretty sure Barry was seen throwing away trash that may have contained similar clothing to what he claimed Suzanne was wearing.

Regardless, this doesn’t appear to match what was found in her grave.

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

Page 23

View attachment 500932
He really never thought she would be found. I bet when he heard her body had been discovered he was physically ill, I hope one day we will know how that went down. JMO

Wasn't he basically just offering Suzanne's own money anyway?
Definitely because Bury didn’t have $100,000 cash! But the restrictions were she needed to be alive and the safe return. He knew she was DEAD, he wasn’t ever worried about paying out a nickel! His friend in Indiana offered to match Bury’s 100k, making it a $200,000 reward.

May 15, 2020
Suzanne's nephew, Trevor Noel, talked to 9NEWS about his aunt's disappearance. "Every morning, early we've been gathering and creating a game plan and we just sent a bunch of teams out, we have our biggest crew yet today, going out again and we're working all day," said Noel. He said search teams searched towns and remote mountainous areas and looked for any clue they could find. They used drones and scent dogs to search.
Barry offered a $100,000 reward for her safe return and a family friend matched that offer to bring the reward to $200,000.

Here’s a decent timeline by Channel 9 News, Colorado
MOO
EBM

Knowing what we know now it's a shame that LE couldn't lie and say that Suzanne was recovered with her light blue outfit, the matchie one...I would love to watch Barry's head explode.

He really never thought she would be found. I bet when he heard her body had been discovered he was physically ill, I hope one day we will know how that went down. JMO
I hope he kept a notebook about the concealment of his crimes.

I hope there is something that is found that is a checklist, because by now he would be going over it compulsively, to figure out what he did wrong that ended up not only with her remains being discovered, but with whatever he left in the grave or in the general area.

I hope he is consumed with trying to remember the trail(s) he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519