Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing what we know now it's a shame that LE couldn't lie and say that Suzanne was recovered with her light blue outfit, the matchie one...I would love to watch Barry's head explode.
I’d pay to watch anything of Bury’s explode! MOO. Figuratively speaking of course:)
EBM clarity

Last edited:
A guilty man wouldn't do 3 30 interviews.

A guilty man wouldn't make a public statement too soon.

A guilty man wouldn't take up prayer sessions with another woman.

A guilty man wouldn't turn in his rusty, sawed off .22.

But here's my question, of the man who thought he was telegraphing 'not guilty', did he resist the draw to revisit Moffat?

He would know that a guilty man would so did he stay away? Missed the opportunity to re-barry her?

So controlling throughout, did he exercise a degree of self-control and stay away?
I'm curious if they requested a search warrant for his phone records for May 2020 to September 2023 once they found her body. I'd say it's likely he did at least drive past that spot just to ensure nothing was disturbed once or twice.

Definitely because Bury didn’t have $100,000 cash! But the restrictions were she needed to be alive and the safe return. He knew she was DEAD, he wasn’t ever worried about paying out a nickel! His friend in Indiana offered to match Bury’s 100k, making it a $200,000 reward.

May 15, 2020
Suzanne's nephew, Trevor Noel, talked to 9NEWS about his aunt's disappearance. "Every morning, early we've been gathering and creating a game plan and we just sent a bunch of teams out, we have our biggest crew yet today, going out again and we're working all day," said Noel. He said search teams searched towns and remote mountainous areas and looked for any clue they could find. They used drones and scent dogs to search.
Barry offered a $100,000 reward for her safe return and a family friend matched that offer to bring the reward to $200,000.

Here’s a decent timeline by Channel 9 News, Colorado
MOO
EBM
I'm curious what ever happened to Trevor Noel. I do think he was scared off. I think he saw right through Barry and something spooked him.

I think so many in this case have more info they could share. I don't think anyone else was involved (well maybe a lady friend of his or a certain bestest workout buddy I could see MAYBE having helped/knew something AFFTER) I think his co workers might have some other pieces of this, his silver investing guy, his daughters, his mom and sisters.. I think they each have some suspicion or some bit of evidence that maybe they don't even know is evidence. He talked WAY too much, he's way to cocky, and thinks way to much of himself to not have talked about something, made comments that were off putting or did things that raised eyebrows. I hope they come forward now that they can each know in their heart that the police aren't framing him, he used that BAM on her and he buried her in Moffat. Maybe they had some doubt before and didn't want to make him seem more guilty.. maybe they thought if it was him the police would just find evidence to prove it without their suspicions. Maybe they were/are afraid of him, but now that their doubts can be 100% put to rest, they should just speak up.

SBBM - what a strange thing for a man like Barry to say.
I have a feeling he only knew this because Suzanne being a good wife tried to help Barry with his clothing. I'm sure there were times they went out places that he couldn't just wear his flannel and jeans and he needed help or she gently nudged him so he was presentable enough. I'm sure a man like Barry was annoyed by this and now it's his way of making another jab at her.. "she's a matcher".. it probably annoyed him their entire marriage.

So many tells in his original video.

His "frown of distress" never changes. It must hurt to have to fake that scrunched face for the entire thing. His rehearsed frown of distress face never relaxes when he mentions her, and he does not use her name much at all.

Him shaking his head "no" the entire video is one of the huge ones for me. His subconscious mind is overriding whatever little brain he has.

And he keeps insisting someone has her and he will pay anything to get her back. But I thought she was supposed to have been attacked by a mountain lion?

I have a feeling he only knew this because Suzanne being a good wife tried to help Barry with his clothing. I'm sure there were times they went out places that he couldn't just wear his flannel and jeans and he needed help or she gently nudged him so he was presentable enough. I'm sure a man like Barry was annoyed by this and now it's his way of making another jab at her.. "she's a matcher".. it probably annoyed him their entire marriage.

I don't get that feeling. I think he is very conscious of what he is wearing and his overall appearance. He never appears scruffy to me, even for a guy who is supposed to be moving dirt all day long. Remember the holiday photos with his horrible bleached hair? That's not really what a manly-man outdoorsman- hunter does. I think he is very tightly wound and controlling and this includes his appearance.

Do you think that the FBI is extra motivated to hold BM legally responsible for Suzanne’s murder? Especially after BM’s attempt to sue FBI agents in his civil trial?
I’m sure the Colorado office really wants to get him, but it’s mostly because he’s the one that got away. They threw a ton of resources at this, only to see Stanley blow up the original case.

I’ll bet it’s personal to SA Harris though, and that lawsuit would only add to that. I wonder if Grusing is involved in some capacity. He was working with Chaffee for a while.

So many tells in his original video.

His "frown of distress" never changes. It must hurt to have to fake that scrunched face for the entire thing. His rehearsed frown of distress face never relaxes when he mentions her, and he does not use her name much at all.

Him shaking his head "no" the entire video is one of the huge ones for me. His subconscious mind is overriding whatever little brain he has.

And he keeps insisting someone has her and he will pay anything to get her back. But I thought she was supposed to have been attacked by a mountain lion?

I think he really thought that everyone would fall for his idea that Suzanne had been taken by a mountain lion and he expected to be hailed as a hero when he bravely volunteered to go out and hunt for the lion . Maybe he had something connected to Suzanne that he would have 'found' when he was out searching and later had to dump when no one believed his theory. Someone took her was his plan B.

another thing that i have been mulling over is the crested butte sweatshirt that was found near SM’s remains
there are a number of photographs of SM wearing this, or a similar, garment and it appears to be a favourite of hers, it is also quite distinctive
surely at some point LE would have taken BM or her daughters to the home and asked “are any of her clothes missing?”
why was this garment never mentioned in any of the missing posters or other information about SM?
not exactly “biking clothes”
moo
Does anyone have a photo of Suzanne in her Crested Butte sweatshirt? I remembered it as well but I was unable to locate it anywhere.

Does anyone have a photo of Suzanne in her Crested Butte sweatshirt? I remembered it as well but I was unable to locate it anywhere.
One was posted on page one of this thread.

Do you think that the FBI is extra motivated to hold BM legally responsible for Suzanne’s murder? Especially after BM’s attempt to sue FBI agents in his civil trial?

I think FBI/LE has had much much more evidence on him, but some of it would not hold up well in court or might just be confusing or too technical to a jury, and just give the defense more time for distraction.

Certainly, her body was not found by accident (MOO)

And the 7 months it has taken to release autopsy results and examine each and every tiniest bit of evidence associated with the grave and the area, especially what else was in the grave, give me faith that FBI/LE has just been extremely diligent in processing the scene. There is also going to be evidence found that will not be released until the trial, stuff that we or the defense don't need to have access to at this point.

I don't think the FBI works on agendas or revenge. I think they know a big bad crime when they see one and work to truly bring justice when the evidence is there. And I fully believe the evidence is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member