Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crested Butte sweatshirt is very telling to me.

IMO Barry was utterly reckless.

Suzanne was between sunny, sexy time and an afternoon ride. Comfy clothes, in the middle of general housekeeping...

I suspect her phone was on the charger in her bedroom -- and she was away from it, stripping the bed, doing laundry...

He killed her in rage. And everything after that was a scrambled cover up.

And an ultimate fail.

JMO

Interesting to look back at these post dismissal media hits

Eytan said Suzanne's location remains the big question mark. She said even if prosecutors do find her body, she's confident they won't recharge Morphew because “they are not going to find a body that is linked to Mr. Morphew.”
Hmm.
Eytan is disappointed the case won’t go to trial after charges were dropped just nine days before the trial date.
The truth - she really did need to go to trial while the prosecution was kneecapped.
We've lost that ability to present the truth,” Eytan said. “That's what the courtroom is for: the truth. Now the community is wrongfully going to believe that Barry just got away with murder.”

Hmmm

Does anyone think the tranq information in the autopsy coupled with the tranq dart cap found by LE has helped to switch any of the childrens' minds? Or are they doubling down on supporting <modsnip: name calling> Barry Morphew?
The question should be: were they surprised or not that the dna on the needle sheath was one of theirs and their mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
forensic examination of the sweatshirt may throw up a few surprises.
eg
had it been freshly laundered and unworn since laundering?
I wonder?
You bring up a very good point. I am guessing that the clothing would be so weather worn from the years of exposure that it would be difficult to determine if a dart penetrated through them. Has there been any mention of her hair?

You bring up a very good point. I am guessing that the clothing would be so weather worn from the years of exposure that it would be difficult to determine if a dart penetrated through them. Has there been any mention of her hair?
no mention of hair but contents of soil samples taken for analysis have not been disclosed.
I think he just gathered an armful of clothes to throw in the shallow grave after her..

Interesting to look back at these post dismissal media hits

Hmm.

The truth - she really did need to go to trial while the prosecution was kneecapped.

Hmmm

Yes!!!! ^^^ and I found that one particular quote in the above interesting :

““they are not going to find a body that is linked to Mr. Morphew.”

So exactly one wonders how would the lawyer IE know that?

And, trying to remember the timing on all, but how was one so sure then that there would have been a body or concede on that then? MOO

OK - I finally found the motion to reconsider the exclusion of the expert witnesses. (Thanks to @Seattle1) This is important because it shows that far from being brought too early, BM was arrested at the point the investigation was completed. Especially, all of the expert evidence was compiled before the prelim. They didn't win the prelim, then go away and analyse all the data. That would make no sense.

There are only 4 experts who matter. Telematics, CAST, CODIS/DNA and data extraction (the text messages and stuff).

Why this matters now is the whole case against BM already exists. Eytan created a media narrative that the prosecution was somehow hiding problems with the case - but if you read this motion, together with her civil suit you will see that it's not true. She had all the expert reports at the prelim.

In my opinion. the experts were excluded after the state was 24 hours late posting the expert CVs. Yes that was yet one more fail by them, but in the scheme of things, hardly worthy of such a significant penalty IMO. But the good news is, Judge Lama might have actually done the state a solid. Because now they have their original case but the smoking gun which proves their original theory, and links BM to Moffat.

This is all my opinion only and Judge Lama didn't agree with me. But I do wonder, if I owe him an apology, and he was actually trying to do the state a favour here, before LS could blunder the trial.

Attachments

• People resp sanctions pt 2 of 4.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • People resp to sanctions pt 1.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • People resp to sanctions pt 3 of 4.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • People resp to sanctions pt 4 of 4.pdf
    760.5 KB · Views: 2
Barry must have thought Suzanne would garner a two-week news cycle, nothing more.

Was he right about anything?
AND during COVID everyone was glued to the news and at home working remotely, schooling remotely, etc. He didn't consider that it would be more newsworthy and people would be home and able to follow the news better. We all needed a distraction away from what was happening. This captivated us all for many reasons.

1. It was Mothers Day and she was a mother who went missing
2. Since it was Covid lockdown time, she was alone and her husband and daughters were gone traveling.. so odd.
3. House had cameras but they weren't working
4. Her best friends daughter was getting married and she didn't message her back or watch the wedding.

It felt all wrong from the beginning and not just because it's usually the husband.

Barry picked the wrong weekend to make this "disappeared on a bike ride" thing happen. If he would have picked a random weekend in June, without a wedding, without a holiday, without it being a Sunday that he couldn't even work on.. etc. It might not have gotten as much attention immediately.

Does anyone think the tranq information in the autopsy coupled with the tranq dart cap found by LE has helped to switch any of the childrens' minds? Or are they doubling down on supporting <modsnip: unnecessary name calling> Barry Morphew?
Regardless of what he's done, not done, or what the public thinks of him, he's still their dad.
If the evidence coming out begins to change their minds about supporting him, they're going to need a whole heck of a lot of support themselves. I can't imagine what kind of heartache it is to learn your mother was murdered by your father.

jmo

I think FBI/LE has had much much more evidence on him, but some of it would not hold up well in court or might just be confusing or too technical to a jury, and just give the defense more time for distraction.

Certainly, her body was not found by accident (MOO)

And the 7 months it has taken to release autopsy results and examine each and every tiniest bit of evidence associated with the grave and the area, especially what else was in the grave, give me faith that FBI/LE has just been extremely diligent in processing the scene. There is also going to be evidence found that will not be released until the trial, stuff that we or the defense don't need to have access to at this point.

I don't think the FBI works on agendas or revenge. I think they know a big bad crime when they see one and work to truly bring justice when the evidence is there. And I fully believe the evidence is there.
I hope so!

I think that AA had to be long because Suzanne was just missing at that point and they had to show she was not just missing, but likely dead. In order to do that they had to show all that back story about why Suzanne would not just disappear and why it would be Barry. She was finally 100% totally done and finished with him and the marriage. She made it very clear in a few different ways that she wasn't wavering and this wasn't like the other times she tried to leave or talked about leaving. Barry finally knew that this was it and she was DONE.

I think other info they had might be good, but if it doesn't help solidify that she was done and show why this week/weekend was so key for Barry then it left room for the judge to think maybe she wasn't dead.

Does anyone think the tranq information in the autopsy coupled with the tranq dart cap found by LE has helped to switch any of the childrens' minds? Or are they doubling down on supporting <modsnip: name calling> Barry Morphew?

I think his children may have doubts but won't publicly share that.
Are there cases where the surviving children do NOT support their remaining parent?
It seems to be a pattern. Denial?
It would really be awful to come to terms with your Father being capable of such a heinous crime.
Oj Simpson's children sided with him. In that case, I think they needed his financial support and didn't want to be disowned.

AND during COVID everyone was glued to the news and at home working remotely, schooling remotely, etc. He didn't consider that it would be more newsworthy and people would be home and able to follow the news better. We all needed a distraction away from what was happening. This captivated us all for many reasons.

1. It was Mothers Day and she was a mother who went missing
2. Since it was Covid lockdown time, she was alone and her husband and daughters were gone traveling.. so odd.
3. House had cameras but they weren't working
4. Her best friends daughter was getting married and she didn't message her back or watch the wedding.

It felt all wrong from the beginning and not just because it's usually the husband.

Barry picked the wrong weekend to make this "disappeared on a bike ride" thing happen. If he would have picked a random weekend in June, without a wedding, without a holiday, without it being a Sunday that he couldn't even work on.. etc. It might not have gotten as much attention immediately.
So very true, and adding in that she had IIRC recurring cancer and had been through extensive treatment for that. I believe that was also a compelling factor as well.

And yet in the early videos and press release information from BM, his family, and lawyers, all were expected to believe that he was the victim.

No BM, IE, etc…… we all know the true victim. And here is a hint…….it is not you! MOO

I just read the Autopsy results again and have morbid thoughts about the nonhuman bones being found in the shallow grave. I don't even want to type what I am thinking. I think we are in for some shockers during the trial and I believe there will be one too.
Well, we can be certain he didn't Barry jer with antlers. Too valuable to him. But if he barried her with a dead animal, that would have IMO only increased predation.

Fail again.

Jmo

Not sure, but it's damming evidence and has to be causing some distress, likely somewhat proportionate to the distance each has from him.

I also suspect that Barry has done as much as he can to foster his defence team's presentation of Suzanne as a woman in midlife crisis who was having an intense adulterous affair and prone to drinking coffee -- or even the odd glass of wine, the vixen! -- and running off to South America at the drop of a bike helmet.

Their mother was missing, then deceased, buried in a shallow grave, and now the victim of homicidal violence. And before that, she was working her way out of her marriage in a manner that I'm sure Barry preached his own brand of hellfire about.

It's a lot. I do expect them to find their way out of it and recover as much of their mother as they can. But sticking with the living parent who has lied through his teeth to you is both understandable and brave in its own way, and who knows what they actually believe?

Just don't think the daughters deserve anything but compassion here. Barry's life seems to have been based on dominance. They weren't exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member