Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought after 7 months they would have had test results back and collected any other data they needed.
IMO that may not always be the case? I envision in some scenarios, conclusive and definitive results from new testing might give reason to go back and assess and reassess other elements and data. Or even conduct additional tests. And that can be a slow arduous task. In particular in a complicated case such as this appears to be.

I am in no hurry to see this moved too quickly. None at all! They have only one shot. And they need to get it right, perfect, or darn near. So time is on their side IMO. And with the years and time already invested and passed, several more months or longer don’t bother me in the least.

The prosecution will need to be rifle-shot accurate with their filings, etc. Errors such as previously seen could be fatal to the case. I would rather have a quiet, confident, assured accurate prosecutor, team, and case. Not one blathering to the public or microphone on how things are proceeding. Let them speak in a courtroom to a judge and jury.

IMO Rome can burn slowly, long, and brightly in BM and team’s world. SM and her family and friends deserve lasting justice. And not on anyone’s timeline other than a successful prosecution. MOO

I was never convinced she was moved, but after the AR with there being gravel in the grave that apparently didn't match the soil composition she was buried in, and her feet and hands not being found, I now think that is a possibility. And probably the reason he had the bobcat blade replaced and the dogs hitting on the bobcat. <modsnip>
Hmmm. It does sound like Friday is a possibility, except for her convo with Liebler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the audio only interview live and remember this clearly. I believe nephew TN was talking to then CBS4's Alan Gionet who on the air said they would give BM air time right now if BM wanted to say anything and TN relayed BM's response that "it was too soon." I went through my links in the Media Only thread and video links (4 yrs ago) are mostly dead. I also recall from LS that they (TN/BM) had very strange rules for MSM contact and it was audio only. MOO

Morphew's husband Barry has also put out a $100,000 reward for his wife's safe return, 'no questions asked', according to FOX 31.

He declined to make a public plea when asked by the local news station, saying it was simply 'too soon'.

Mr Morphew, a firefighter at Chaffee Country Fire Protection District, was reportedly out of town on trip to Denver when his wife vanished.

IIRC Suzanne's nephew (Trevor N. in CO.) the first one of either side of SM's fam to speak to MSM or to post on her disappearance on soc media (FB?).

Has he been interviewed or quoted since then? Or posted re Suzanne (if WS-approved source)?
Anyone?
TN is BM's nephew. He went dark after allegations about the crowd dollars. Personally, I think he was another victim of BM. MOO

Place of Trial. Per CO. statute,* IIUC, trial CAN be held in -

CHAFFEE County, in which BM (is alleged to have) "committed the offense," i.e., inflicted the cause of her death. Not necessary for death to occur there.
Per ¶(1) below.
(Judicial Dist. 11, where Stanley originally filed).
Seems pretty well determined for myriad reasons, no trial in Chaffee.

SAGAUCHE County, " in... which the body of the deceased or any part of such body is found...."
Moffat as location where remains were found = difficult for BM or any other poss def't (aider, abettor, co-conspirator?) to dispute.
Per ¶(3) below.
(Judicial Dist. 12, DA Ann Kelly)
Seems verrry likely, from stmts by LE, DA, et al.

MyQ (off on a tangent):
Under statute, is any OTHER county a POSSIBLE place for trial?
"(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, criminal actions shall be tried in the county where the offense was committed, or in any other county where an act in furtherance of the offense occurred...."
"(3) In a case involving the death of a person, the offense is committed and the offender may be tried in any county in which the cause of death is inflicted, or in which death occurs, or in which the body of the deceased or any part of such body is found...."
See also ¶(11).
** map Colorado State Judicial Branch - Courts - District Map

So since Friday’s been brought up again, I remember the possibility being discussed in these threads over the years and remember there were/are some who hold steadfast to the theory that LE has the day of the murder wrong and think BM murdered SM on Friday May 8th sometime after she sent the text message to her Sister that morning around 11am iirc. That BM possibly cloned/hacked her phone and apps and impersonated SM from his phone and he was the one that sent out the FB friends requests Friday evening and messaging himself and JL in the Saturday morning/early afternoon text convos, and sent an old picture of Suzanne to JL as the last “proof of life” sunbathing photo.
Some thought/think the text convos with BM and JL didn’t sound like SM or her normal pattern of sending longer texts to JL, and sending to BM- “wanna hike” why would she be asking him to go hiking after telling him she was done just a few days prior. In this theory, he disposed of SM late Friday evening/early morning hours Saturday. There are probably some other details that were discussed that I’ve forgotten but that’s the basic premise/gist of it.

Personally, I have debunked this theory for a couple of reasons:

1.) If you want people to believe SM was alive when you left for Broomfield at 5am Sunday, why would you only “keep her alive” until 2:11pm Saturday?!? You bothered to text with her lover something like 59 times and yet ignored her BFF Sheila’s messages later that day/evening??? Does not add up or make sense to me if the whole point is to keep SM alive until you left for Broomfield Sunday morning.

2.) I do not believe the FBI digital experts that assisted in this case would miss something as huge as this in their review and analysis of the phones’ digital records.
Even if the phones’ location and Metadata were either wiped/tampered with, imo FBI digital experts would be able to tell/discover it.

IMO BM did not murder SM Friday May 8th, clone SM’s phone, nor outsmart the FBI!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Anyone remember a video tribute to Suzanne-it was posted on YouTube, I believe, with lots of friend/family photos? There was a voiceover and it was so powerful. Maybe created by Sheila? My search skills are poor today.
Yes, distinctly remember the video, a birthday tribute. I’ve listened to it sooo many times! Beautifully done. Enjoy❤️

Place of Trial. Per CO. statute,* IIUC, trial CAN be held in -

CHAFFEE County, in which BM (is alleged to have) "committed the offense," i.e., inflicted the cause of her death. Not necessary for death to occur there.
Per ¶(1) below.
(Judicial Dist. 11, where Stanley originally filed).
Seems pretty well determined for myriad reasons, no trial in Chaffee.

SAGAUCHE County, " in... which the body of the deceased or any part of such body is found...."
Moffat as location where remains were found = difficult for BM or any other poss def't (aider, abettor, co-conspirator?) to dispute.
Per ¶(3) below.
(Judicial Dist. 12, DA Ann Kelly)
Seems verrry likely, from stmts by LE, DA, et al.

MyQ (off on a tangent):
Under statute, is any OTHER county a POSSIBLE place for trial?
"(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, criminal actions shall be tried in the county where the offense was committed, or in any other county where an act in furtherance of the offense occurred...."
"(3) In a case involving the death of a person, the offense is committed and the offender may be tried in any county in which the cause of death is inflicted, or in which death occurs, or in which the body of the deceased or any part of such body is found...."
See also ¶(11).
** map Colorado State Judicial Branch - Courts - District Map
I don’t really want to mention the feet or hands, but if they were found in another county, maybe. Looking at the map, it’s unlikely that his route took him into a third county.

Does anyone think the tranq information in the autopsy coupled with the tranq dart cap found by LE has helped to switch any of the childrens' minds? Or are they doubling down on supporting <modsnip: name calling> Barry Morphew?
I think they’re neither doubling down nor coming to terms with what he did. They’re (imho) in between. They are going thru the motions of life. Probably fearful of the actual truth. Their world is about to be flipped upside down AGAIN! I think it’s at the back of their mind, they are still in denial because of fear mostly. I’m not sure they will come to terms with it until they have to. I hope they find the strength to adjust to what life will throw at them. They have wonderful extended family in the Moorman’s. Just my 2cents.
MOO
EBM Clarity

Last edited:
I think the timing of IE leaking the "Celebration" news more than a week ago -- happening in Westfield, IN (especially when your family and friends are not invited), is just another public image campaign by the BM defense.

GMA not calling and need to hit out for sympathy when the world is talking about SM's autopsy. ^^This as they watch their $15M civil case implode.

Poor Suzanne. :(

MOO

I knew they were searching for another woman ,but if someone did give a tip would investigators not keep it quiet in order to stop a possible revenge attack by Barry ?
Thinking more about this, I can think of one specific instance where CBI would in fact lie about this: If the tipster was someone very close to Barry.

In any other case, I think that would be enough for a fairly quick arrest, but this one is more complicated than most.

This scenario would require some happy coincidences though, like the fact that there was apparently an ongoing search in the area for Edna Quintana, and the added bonus of another body being found there prior to Suzanne's being found (also a result of the Quintana search).

Thinking more about this, I can think of one specific instance where CBI would in fact lie about this: If the tipster was someone very close to Barry.

In any other case, I think that would be enough for a fairly quick arrest, but this one is more complicated than most.

This scenario would require some happy coincidences though, like the fact that there was apparently an ongoing search in the area for Edna Quintana, and the added bonus of another body being found there prior to Suzanne's being found (also a result of the Quintana search).
MSM Link upthread:

While CBI would not confirm or go into detail with CBS Colorado who they were searching for when they discovered the remains of Suzanne Morphew this week, Barry Morphew's attorney issued a statement affirming investigators were looking for Edna.

Hmmm... somebody protesting too much gives more credence to perhaps a witness talking.

They'd already located the Lakewood Resident (James Montoya) in July and I question CBI/LE spending resources on Edna five months after she disappeared. We would not even know Edna's name if not for the discovery of SM. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519