Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he arrive there by a direct or indirect route?

It had to be well after midnight... and closing in on twelve hours with a dead body. Cadaverine threshold.

Two miles out from the Dollar General and city proper, could he see.city lights so he didn't proceed further?
Coming from Maysville, and the the southern direction traveled to Saguache County, BM would have passed the town of Moffat to arrive at the burial location. In other words, the town lights were behind him, and not ahead of him! Check out the "layered map"-- it will do your head in! I was left truly spent. :eek:

My personal belief is that she was not sedated in the clothing she was found in. Barry sedated her and changed her clothes. Being found in a bikini wouldn't make sense. I think he thought about how to do this a lot so he had a basic plan in his head but something triggered it that afternoon impulsively hence the flurry of inexplicable activity and the hastily arranged jobsite on Mother's day.
This struck me as I read the autopsy report. A hoodie? She was laying out in a bikini I believe when he attacked her. It was gut wrenching to consider that he stripped her and re-dressed her for the “bike ride” he manufactured. Was she aware at that point? Did tranquilizer kill her? Did he pour the tranquilizer into her port? Why do I imagine him belittling her as he set the scene, telling her it was her fault because she had not been a good wife. I pray he is convicted and they send him to the worst place imaginable - hell.

^^RBUBM

No truer words! And let me say it's mind boggling:

I just spent two hours scrolling the roads, mile by mile, from Puma Path Rd (Maysville) to Poncha Springs (the Poncha Market), about 10 miles via US-50E.

The Poncha Market is at the junction of Hwy 50 and US Hwy-285.

Entering US Hwy-285 S, it's about 26 miles before you reach Co-17. If you stay on Hwy 285, the road veers west to the town of Saguache but if you continue southbound, you are now traveling on CO-17. From where you hit CO-17, the town of Moffat is about another 20 miles south.

Moffat is much larger than imagined! I found Dollar General, a High School, Diner, Dispensary(s), Moffat Baptist Church, and even an auto sales lot. IMO, Moffat appears to be more of a community as compared to Maysville. In the center of Moffat you also find what appears to be a better traveled Road T which extends both east and west of CO-17. Road T east leads to the town of Crestone (shown on BM's telematic defense exhibit).

MP 103 (CO-17 & Road R), where SM's remains were recovered, is less than 2 miles south of the town center.

The million dollar question is why here? Why dump SM just west of CO-17 on Road R?

BM had 40 miles of ravines, ditches, sagebrush, US Forest Rd, etc. to deposit SM. It just doesn't follow that he'd bury SM walking distance to a Dollar General Store!

Was BM trying to make a statement burying SM so close to the market place of legal Dispensaries and growers?

I'm beginning to think BM was familiar with this area where he was comfortable driving to the spot with an incapacitated if not already deceased SM.

Or did BM hand off SM's body to another who chose this burial location? Maybe this can account for the $70K allegedly missing from the safe?

I never before believed BM had help but after virtually traveling these roads, I'm not so sure. :confused:

Didn't he try to suggest CBD Tim as a possible suspect? I do wonder if CBD Tim was a frequent traveler to this area of Colorado?

I am not suggesting CBD Tim is involved, I am suggesting Barry was thinking they might look at him if he suggested it could be him. Then if she was found in this area.. wow was this the same area CBD Tim might travel too?

This is the truck data.

I might be missing something. I was reading the tweets from the preliminary hearing that were posted earlier in this thread. It mentions Barry's phone heading toward the location of where her bike was found and then it says his phone was back at the house at 4:31am.

His truck doesn't move though. What vehicle did he use to drive and dump the bike? Maybe the same one he used to dump her body?
IIRC there were 3-4 vehicles available but only one old enough that could not be tracked. M’s older RR
^^RBUBM

No truer words! And let me say it's mind boggling:

I just spent two hours scrolling the roads, mile by mile, from Puma Path Rd (Maysville) to Poncha Springs (the Poncha Market), about 10 miles via US-50E.

The Poncha Market is at the junction of Hwy 50 and US Hwy-285.

Entering US Hwy-285 S, it's about 26 miles before you reach Co-17. If you stay on Hwy 285, the road veers west to the town of Saguache but if you continue southbound, you are now traveling on CO-17. From where you hit CO-17, the town of Moffat is about another 20 miles south.

Moffat is much larger than imagined! I found Dollar General, a High School, Diner, Dispensary(s), Moffat Baptist Church, and even an auto sales lot. IMO, Moffat appears to be more of a community as compared to Maysville. In the center of Moffat you also find what appears to be a better traveled Road T which extends both east and west of CO-17. Road T east leads to the town of Crestone (shown on BM's telematic defense exhibit).

MP 103 (CO-17 & Road R), where SM's remains were recovered, is less than 2 miles south of the town center.

The million dollar question is why here? Why dump SM just west of CO-17 on Road R?

BM had 40 miles of ravines, ditches, sagebrush, US Forest Rd, etc. to deposit SM. It just doesn't follow that he'd bury SM walking distance to a Dollar General Store!

Was BM trying to make a statement burying SM so close to the market place of legal Dispensaries and growers?

I'm beginning to think BM was familiar with this area where he was comfortable driving to the spot with an incapacitated if not already deceased SM.

Or did BM hand off SM's body to another who chose this burial location? Maybe this can account for the $70K allegedly missing from the safe?

I never before believed BM had help but after virtually traveling these roads, I'm not so sure. :confused:

He took her to Moffat because of the known drug dealers in that area IMO. IIRC He said/implied Suzanne did drugs and drank, setting up that scene. But… BM believes himself to be a genius. He also set up scene for stranger abduction, as well as mountain lion attack and last but not least, she left the country with a lover.
It is my opinion it excited him to send LE in several WRONG directions, and we should have known her body was in opposite direction of the way he traveled to his last minute Job Project.
I do not want to see him go the way Dulas went, that is far too merciful for what he deserves. This was planned in detail for a long period of time, like a hunter stalking his prey, he bided his time and set the scenes.
Suzanne’s case haunts me, we all need closure.

If a neighbor had a long dead vehicle .... maybe he used the battery from his own truck. Might that explain the monkeying that showed up on the report?
I wouldn't put anything past this guy. He thinks he can outsmart everyone with his ways. I hope LE has went back to look at all these things. Now that they know he's responsible with a near 100% certainty they need to connect him to Moffat that night. He did it somehow and I hope they can figure out exactly how. I'm sure Barry is happy thinking he has outsmarted them on this one thing.

I think he did so much shady stuff that Saturday, it's hard to say what exactly he did do, but what we know is he was up to no good whatever it was. I'd be curious if he ever tried to reset his truck before that day. Did he ever last minute go look at something after not calling the guy back for months and then just not even buy it or talk to him about it again? Odd.. he's leaving work abruptly to go make the wife happy, but was milling around the outside of the property and she is telling her boyfriend she's alone again... so clearly he wasn't home making her happy. He's opening and closing his truck doors late at night and early in the morning. I mean if they look back an entire year has he ever done any of this before? Was he ever awake at 345am after still being awake late into the night? Such an odd one he is.

Exactly @justrush!

These are my personal notes of Grusing's testimony at the prelim (where he parrots in CAST)

1. Telematics of truck in driveway 3.25am-3.52am. Both phones at home. i.e. triple corroboration.

2. 3.58-4.07 Grusing plots BMs phone away from home. It moves straight to the intersection of 225/50 near where bike is found.

3. SMs phone last registers signals quite a way from the home in an arc as if it was struggling to get a good connection. This is around 4.10. Last one around 4.22.

4. 4.31am - BM's phone is back home, in airplane mode

As you point out, both phones appear to be away from home, but the truck is in the driveway. SMs phone never reappears at home - even though the network positioned it there all day

Above is my opinion only.

Don't forget that there was a late night ping @ 4:23 am from Suzanne's phone to the Poncha Springs tower that was away from the home.

This struck me as I read the autopsy report. A hoodie? She was laying out in a bikini I believe when he attacked her. It was gut wrenching to consider that he stripped her and re-dressed her for the “bike ride” he manufactured. Was she aware at that point? Did tranquilizer kill her? Did he pour the tranquilizer into her port? Why do I imagine him belittling her as he set the scene, telling her it was her fault because she had not been a good wife. I pray he is convicted and they send him to the worst place imaginable - hell.

We know that BM phoned SM from DSI while waiting for the blade change on the Bobcat, and continued phoning her numerous times on his 10 mile drive home to Puma Path Rd-- and SM never answered his calls.

During his multiple attempts to reach SM, I believe he only left one message -- "did you leave?"

We also know there's about 30 minutes before BM arrives home that investigators said SM was not on her phone. IMO, SM was either naked in her closet on WA with JL, or she was in the shower. In either event, I think BM was in an absolute rage when he entered their home looking for SM.

If coming out of the shower, SM may have been wrapped in the brown towel-- that's never been recovered.

If SM was in the closet, she may have quickly thrown on the shorts and her Crested Butte hoodie as she heard BM approach the bedroom.

What I do know is that SM was NOT wearing her biking clothes!

When I first read from his defense team that it was "confirmed" SM was wearing biking clothes when recovered, I commented here that BM must have dressed her in biking clothes.

However, now that we know exactly what clothing was found in SM's grave, and none matched SM's typical biking gear, I think SM may have dressed herself or BM dressed her in the shorts and hoodie, and dumped the brown towel in Broomfield. MOO

$64,000 question -- where had Barry been sleeping those last nights, weeks, months?

I think that's why she was changing the sheets. It was MM1's bed/room/bedding, not Barry's and she wanted to reclaim it as such. I would.

Jmo
I personally think she was hoping both her daughters would get home for Mother’s Day and both would spend the night. MM1 had been living at college so probably Suzanne was putting freshly washed sheets on the bed or at least that is what I think.

Don't forget that there was a late night ping @ 4:23 am from Suzanne's phone to the Poncha Springs tower that was away from the home.

Judge Murphy took note of this when rendering his ruling on probable cause and PEPG during the hearing on Sept 17, 2021.

From the transcript:

1714772314988.png

We know that BM phoned SM from DSI while waiting for the blade change on the Bobcat, and continued phoning her numerous times on his 10 mile drive home to Puma Path Rd-- and SM never answered his calls.

During his multiple attempts to reach SM, I believe he only left one message -- "did you leave?"

We also know there's about 30 minutes before BM arrives home that investigators said SM was not on her phone. IMO, SM was either naked in her closet on WA with JL, or she was in the shower. In either event, I think BM was in an absolute rage when he entered their home looking for SM.

If coming out of the shower, SM may have been wrapped in the brown towel-- that's never been recovered.

If SM was in the closet, she may have quickly thrown on the shorts and her Crested Butte hoodie as she heard BM approach the bedroom.

What I do know is that SM was NOT wearing her biking clothes!

When I first read from his defense team that it was "confirmed" SM was wearing biking clothes when recovered, I commented here that BM must have dressed her in biking clothes.

However, now that we know exactly what clothing was found in SM's grave, and none matched SM's typical biking gear, I think SM may have dressed herself or BM dressed her in the shorts and hoodie, and dumped the brown towel in Broomfield. MOO
There were pictures on Instagram of her with her bike that I think were in the AA. That would be the easiest way to confirm what types of tops she wore. I didn’t think a tank and sweatshirt felt odd.

Okay someone check out page 120 of the AA PDF. I somehow missed this before. The map has the phone locations when he was home for lunch. I remember at 11:40 something.. Suzanne messaged Jeff guess who is alone again. But she wasn't.. he was home. outside and look at that phone ping way over to the right. It appears a road is sorta going over to that location too. Did he walk through the woods and get something or do something over there? Is there a house over there?

11:52 he's in the back of the house
12:22 he's nearly a quarter mile back away from the house to the right
12:34 he's back at the house or close to it.

I missed this map showing the times and his phone pings. Interesting.

There were pictures on Instagram of her with her bike that I think were in the AA. That would be the easiest way to confirm what types of tops she wore. I didn’t think a tank and sweatshirt felt odd.
We did just that. And we also found SM wearing her Crested Butte hoodie while lounging, drinking coffee, and cooking breakfast-- NOT when biking.

We did just that. And we also found SM wearing her Crested Butte hoodie while lounging, drinking coffee, and cooking breakfast-- NOT when biking.
Also, what I posted yesterday:

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that outfit wasn’t recovered. He’s telling us it’s going to be missing.

He never bothered to re-dress her. She died in the clothes she was already wearing. I’ll die on that hill.

I imagine she jumped in the shower and changed into that sweatshirt and shorts. Then Barry came home…

Also, what I posted yesterday:

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that outfit wasn’t recovered. He’s telling us it’s going to be missing.

He never bothered to re-dress her. She died in the clothes she was already wearing. I’ll die on that hill.

I imagine she jumped in the shower and changed into that sweatshirt and shorts. Then Barry came home…
Exactly. In the AA, I think we even see BM carrying SM's light blue biking windbreaker in the Broomfield hotel!

I personally wouldn’t rely on phone movement in and around that house location as it’s too easy for defense to counter with the unreliability in remote mountainous regions… the bike in the ravine was close enough it could have been ridden or walked to that point on the road where it went over the edge in my opinion.
Well that is a very simple equation to prove. just mimic the movements under similar environmental conditions..
Yup, I do think we'll likely never know. It would be easier to take his daughter's RR, as that one didn't have telematics. I'm bothered by the lack of a dog hit, but maybe there's an explanation for that.
what about sedating her rendering her unconscious but not dead until he reached the burial site when he finalised the act.. He was well accustomed to using these drugs, reversing them and estimating doses required..?

Okay someone check out page 120 of the AA PDF. I somehow missed this before. The map has the phone locations when he was home for lunch. I remember at 11:40 something.. Suzanne messaged Jeff guess who is alone again. But she wasn't.. he was home. outside and look at that phone ping way over to the right. It appears a road is sorta going over to that location too. Did he walk through the woods and get something or do something over there? Is there a house over there?

11:52 he's in the back of the house
12:22 he's nearly a quarter mile back away from the house to the right
12:34 he's back at the house or close to it.

I missed this map showing the times and his phone pings. Interesting.
I don’t have the AA in front of me but iirc
when investigators questioned BM about what he was doing during that timeframe, he said he was looking for a turkey his daughter M1 had previously shot (lol),
and LE theorized this is when he possibly took his trail cameras down.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m on my mobile device multitasking while working lol, and don’t have time atm to search the AA.
I believe this might have been brought up during the Preliminary Hearings as well.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

I don’t have the AA in front of me but iirc
when investigators questioned BM about what he was doing during that timeframe, he said he was looking for a turkey his daughter M1 had previously shot (lol),
and LE theorized this is when he possibly took his trail cameras down.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m on my mobile device multitasking while working lol, and don’t have time atm to search the AA.
I believe this was brought up during the Preliminary Hearings as well.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne
Correct. Barry said that they had soup together, but the soup was a couple days before.

Suzanne had said to Jeff she was alone at the time, and there was no evidence he entered the house (phone and truck data).

He also called Suzanne right as he left, which doesn’t make sense because they had supposedly just spent a couple hours together.

The prosecution believed he was taking down cameras, but I think he was spying on Suzanne as well.

Correct. Barry said that they had soup together, but the soup was a couple days before.

Suzanne had said to Jeff she was alone at the time, and there was no evidence he entered the house (phone and truck data).

He also called Suzanne right as he left, which doesn’t make sense because they had supposedly just spent a couple hours together.

The prosecution believed he was taking down cameras, but I think he was spying on Suzanne as well.
Thanks @MassGuy! I agree he was spying on Suzanne as well. Creep.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

With the possibility of Barry removing the trail cams before he went went inside, it feels like he was a hunter after his prey. He made the decision, went in and chased Suzanne down and darted her. Did he kill her right away, or was she lying unconscious in the house for a long period of time while he did prep work for disposing the mother of his children? I wonder if Suzanne’s underwear was found. It would tell me whether they were “biking clothes”.

Didn't he try to suggest CBD Tim as a possible suspect? I do wonder if CBD Tim was a frequent traveler to this area of Colorado?

I am not suggesting CBD Tim is involved, I am suggesting Barry was thinking they might look at him if he suggested it could be him. Then if she was found in this area.. wow was this the same area CBD Tim might travel too?

He did try to implicate CBD Tim and/or suggest he be looked at! Also, Marijuana is legal in Colorado and Saguache County is one of the major designated grow areas as determined by the State.

Besides CBD Tim, I wonder if this was also about throwing shade at SM's family who was said by BM to be producing (legal) CBD oil in Indiana. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ