Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Suzanne’s RR. But I’ve met a stumbling block. According to the AA they used Suzanne’s RR to go get Pizza on the Friday night, but if you look at the photos of the RR the front passenger seat has her stuff in it including the camelbak, so it doesn’t make sense that they used the RR for the pizza run as the stuff on the passenger seat would be elsewhere.

IIRC, Suzanne used to transport the bike by car to where she wanted to start her ride, so why bother taking the bike in and out of the car in a daily basis? Or did she sometimes ride straight from home? Where did she ride on the Friday?
IIRC per the police bodycam on the night of SM diappearance :
According to Miles she never rode straight from home and always in the afternoon. She was a newbie to the sport - maybe a month ish.
I don't think I know all SM was doing Sat am. SM could have put her stuff in the front seat of the RR Sat am for an anticipated afternoon bike ride ? She may have even gone into Salida Sat am before her time on the patio? Was there a favorite coffee place? I only know what she was up to when she was sunbathing on the patio - and then Barry running for her life from BM
Prior to that ? Anybody?
JMO

Yeah, I think the most likely explanation is that he thought about using his bobcat, which is why all those cadaver dogs hit on it. He then pivoted to grabbing some equipment from the job site, but maybe he was spotted or realized his plan wouldn't work. That also explains why he may have panicked, and decided to bury her by hand as a last resort.

This all makes perfect sense if he was able to borrow another vehicle, but I'm bothered by communication records not proving that. I would think they would have checked the neighborhood for vehicles he might have used, but a lot of time would likely have passed by the time they realized his truck didn't have any evidence.
Yes! And I wonder if LE and investigators have all phones or means of communication he might have used? Burner phones, other family member phones, etc? MOO

what about sedating her rendering her unconscious but not dead until he reached the burial site when he finalised the act.. He was well accustomed to using these drugs, reversing them and estimating doses required..?
I’m wondering this now, too. If he Barry-Bam’ed her at 2-ish on Saturday, maybe she was semi-conscious or totally unconscious and slowly dying, until he finally finished her off with a lethal dose.

How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?​

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.

According to Miles she never rode straight from home and always in the afternoon. She was a newbie to the sport - maybe a month ish.
I don't think I know all SM was doing Sat am. SM could have put her stuff in the front seat of the RR Sat am for an anticipated afternoon bike ride ? She may have even gone into Salida Sat am before her time on the patio? Was there a favorite coffee place? I only know what she was up to when she was sunbathing on the patio - and then Barry running for her life from BM
Prior to that ? Anybody?
JMO
Her phone never left... basically from Friday until that movement and final ping on MD morning.

One might surmise that she slept in on Saturday and then launched right into conversation with JL, ongoing for much of the day.

Barry making breakfast in bed? Is he for real? That and the big O every single time, he has a very one-dimensional view of what it takes to please a woman. And by one-dimensional, I mean zero dimensions.

She did some sun bathing... maybe showered... threw on some clothes... I really think JL consumed much of her day midday... as well her battery.

I don't think she was even purposefully ignoring Barry's calls. I think she was otherwise occupied. On another device and/or away from the phone.

And when Barry had to account for Suzanne's time from 2 pm onward, oh, how he struggled. The hike that wasn't. Maybe made some potatoes. Shared a plate. Shared a bed.
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

JMO

Last edited:
Also, what I posted yesterday:

In regard to inspecting the clothing, Barry stated, "Yeah. She doesn't ride without a helmet ... And she has ... a light - light blue helmet. Her favorite biking outfit is blue. I haven't been to the house to see if it's there or not but if the detectives - if you guys didn't find it, then that's probably what she was wearin'. Was the blue one missin'? light blue helmet, light blue outfit. She's a matcher. Light blue shirt ... but was that at ... in her closest? Or did you guys find it?"

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that outfit wasn’t recovered. He’s telling us it’s going to be missing.

He never bothered to re-dress her. She died in the clothes she was already wearing. I’ll die on that hill.

I imagine she jumped in the shower and changed into that sweatshirt and shorts. Then Barry came home…
Her blue outfit is somewhere in a landfill near Denver, wherever he threw it away, sadly.

Prior to that ? Anybody?
JMO
This just struck me while catching up.

So if SM has only been mountain biking for maybe a month or so, isn’t it odd that BM was so aware of the blue / light blue ‘matchy’ outfit that he imagined she would be wearing?

Mr. so very-attentive husband BM just happened to have that information available? And while also IMO appearing to offer ‘help’ yet also a denigrating comment about her clothing and color coordination attempts?

Much too convenient and likely a misleading lead? Or another ‘tell’ from an over-scripted murder suspect? MOO

I’m wondering this now, too. If he Barry-Bam’ed her at 2-ish on Saturday, maybe she was semi-conscious or totally unconscious and slowly dying, until he finally finished her off with a lethal dose.

How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?​

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.

That's the thing, you see..
And that is the question the experts failed to answer.. It doesn't go straight to bones... they didn't explain that interval and I couldn't find research on that interval even for a domestic animal..
The fact that it did have time to travel to bones suggests prolonged ingestion to me, as in more than one lethal shot... more like several smaller doses.. possibly over the course of several hours. I'm a nurse, not a pharmacologist so very much not an expert in this field.

He could have spent a considerable amount of time injecting her, reversing it, doing it again.. each time forcing her to do or say what he wanted her to do or say.. prolonging his control, his God complex, forcing her to tell him everything.. and then driving her to the barren place before burying her, possibly alive or possibly administered the fatal dose when he got her there or a bullet for good measure...

Yeah, I think the most likely explanation is that he thought about using his bobcat, which is why all those cadaver dogs hit on it. He then pivoted to grabbing some equipment from the job site, but maybe he was spotted or realized his plan wouldn't work. That also explains why he may have panicked, and decided to bury her by hand as a last resort.

This all makes perfect sense if he was able to borrow another vehicle, but I'm bothered by communication records not proving that. I would think they would have checked the neighborhood for vehicles he might have used, but a lot of time would likely have passed by the time they realized his truck didn't have any evidence.
Shall we not kid ourselves?
Barry [as well as the Shosh-person] long had access to every residence and vehicle in or around the murder scene. LE didn't/couldn't obtain PC-based warrants for as many places as in a perfect dictatorship they could have...so they didn't. No missed opportunity there imo. Our freedoms ain't free.
Frankly, I'm surprised he spent/wasted so much time faffing about from the get-go. But, panic a moron and this is what you get :p .

^^rsbm

BM loved hunting (and his Bobcat) more than anything including his wife, SM.

I've long believed that by using BAM to sedate SM, BM does not believe he murdered SM but "put her to sleep." SM was his trophy. He 'took her down' because he's skilled at this.

IMO, BM was also able to justify his actions here by using his bizarre take on religion whereby preventing SM from adultery and/or divorcing him, he's somehow saved her from damnation.

And if/when BM is convicted, he will be the poster of martyrdom. I think he truly believes that he's 'saved' both himself and SM. MOO

ETA: AA, pg 2

View attachment 500785
From your link; "...God allowed these things to happen...".

How loathsome, as if it was foreordained or something.
Just a twisted pattern of thought.
Wonder how long Barry's fed himself these 'excuses' for his behavior ?
Omo.

I was thinking Suzanne’s RR. But I’ve met a stumbling block. According to the AA they used Suzanne’s RR to go get Pizza on the Friday night, but if you look at the photos of the RR the front passenger seat has her stuff in it including the camelbak, so it doesn’t make sense that they used the RR for the pizza run as the stuff on the passenger seat would be elsewhere.

IIRC, Suzanne used to transport the bike by car to where she wanted to start her ride, so why bother taking the bike in and out of the car in a daily basis? Or did she sometimes ride straight from home? Where did she ride on the Friday?
SM's RR was newer and equipped with telematics. It doesn't follow that BM would use her vehicle for any purpose.

However, MM's RR was older, and did not have tracking equipment. I think this older RR would be the likely vehicle. Or he borrowed the Jeep from his Puma Path neighbor (the hosts while on bond release).

Also, BM told investigators SM asked him to take her bicycle and helmet out of her vehicle on Saturday, and he complied.

AA, pg 19/129:

1714785859811.png
AA, pg 32/129:

1714785989342.png

I think he wanted to use his bobcat. I think maybe that errand just before he arrived home and killed her, was him trying to do something. Maybe he was going to use the bobcat to dig a hole. I think he tried to do something with the truck telematics to see if it would work.. (maybe tried to delete data to see if he could drive the truck and reset it back to a previous point) and it didn't so he decided not to use his truck and if he can't use his truck, he can't pull the bobcat. So he had to come up with something else.

!The more I think about those that supported him AFTER Suzanne was gone.. I wonder did he have access to any vehicles in his little neighborhood. I recall Sho having some connection to the area also. Was it her boyfriend or husband or something like that that lived close by?

I keep thinking about the jobsite he was working on where a woman called in that she heard machines. Maybe he did that for some reason. Was he digging up some dirt from that site to load up on his trailer to use to bury her? LE checked it for her body, but what if he was there, but it wasn't to bury her there, but for some other reason? We know the Bobcat data, but did he have any other equipment at that job site? Was there something else there he could dig with?
Soooo...
...splendidly spot-on !!
Thank you
@justtrish :D !

I wonder why its taking so long for them to re-file the charges. What's to stop him from fleeing?
IMO there is no rush. A lot of evidence and perhaps new things to examine now that the autopsy results are partly available. And maybe a need to go back and examine some other things; fill in some other holes - now that some new answers have arrived?

This is a very long opera IMO. And it is not yet apparent that the curtain has even started to open. And the new team needs to step through and over all of the prior DA’s efforts. If he chooses to flee, that would just help add perhaps consciousness of guilt? For all we know BM might be spending a lot of time in his lawyer’s office? And he has that $15M civil suit out there so I would imagine one might be sticking around for that? ;)

And CO authorities just might be closely watching their prime suspect. It may still be a good while before any new charges are laid. MOO

That's the thing, you see..
And that is the question the experts failed to answer.. It doesn't go straight to bones... they didn't explain that interval and I couldn't find research on that interval even for a domestic animal..
The fact that it did have time to travel to bones suggests prolonged ingestion to me, as in more than one lethal shot... more like several smaller doses.. possibly over the course of several hours. I'm a nurse, not a pharmacologist so very much not an expert in this field.

He could have spent a considerable amount of time injecting her, reversing it, doing it again.. each time forcing her to do or say what he wanted her to do or say.. prolonging his control, his God complex, forcing her to tell him everything.. and then driving her to the barren place before burying her, possibly alive or possibly administered the fatal dose when he got her there or a bullet for good measure...
I think the reason it wasn’t discussed by experts is because no research has been done for use on humans. Only for animals.

i think someone mentioned that LE can go back to BM’s phone or truck gps and see if he made trips to Moffat in the week or so following her death, maybe just to view her grave. I’m sure they were watching him closely.

So i have a question. This is still considered an open investigation, but would LE now need to get a court order to go back and check his phone or truck records to see if he went to that area since his case was dismissed? How would that work?

IMO there is no rush. A lot of evidence and perhaps new things to examine now that the autopsy results are partly available. And maybe a need to go back and examine some other things; fill in some other holes - now that some new answers have arrived?

This is a very long opera IMO. And it is not yet apparent that the curtain has even started to open. And the new team needs to step through and over all of the prior DA’s efforts. If he chooses to flee, that would just help add perhaps consciousness of guilt? For all we know BM might be spending a lot of time in his lawyer’s office? And he has that $15M civil suit out there so I would imagine one might be sticking around for that? ;)

And CO authorities just might be closely watching their prime suspect. It may still be a good while before any new charges are laid. MOO
I'm not really "new" to this case, but I haven't ever followed it that closely until recently. For a long time, it never felt to me like there was anything that definitive against BM, and so I kind of kept a distance. But this new stuff about the tranquilizer, that's gonna sink him. No jury is going to accept that as a coincidence.

Anyway, I didnt know about the $15 million suit, what's that about?

Agree. Also, I think the new prosecutor on the case would want to familiarize herself with all aspects of this case, along with asking investigators from local LE, CBI and FBI to meet with her. She is aware of what happened before. She would not want to make the same mistakes. This is a winnable case and she should be prepared for IE.

Question. What does everyone think will happen with the civil case? Will IE try to hold onto it to get some deal for BM? Will it be dropped if he is charged criminally? Can a judge order it to be dropped if he is charged criminally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ