Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really "new" to this case, but I haven't ever followed it that closely until recently. For a long time, it never felt to me like there was anything that definitive against BM, and so I kind of kept a distance. But this new stuff about the tranquilizer, that's gonna sink him. No jury is going to accept that as a coincidence.

Anyway, I didnt know about the $15 million suit, what's that about?
Thank you for the input and welcome!….. and I appreciate that sentiment too. Yes this new latest tidbit from the Autopsy Report is quite interesting. And there are quite a few other coincidences IMO for BM as a suspect.

I’m not an attorney, so not good to really try to explain. Hopefully someone will help on the latest. Short of it was seeming a heavy handed attempt by counsel to try and claim that their client had been wronged.* BM and team had sued quite a number of people associated with the investigation and prosecution. Some have since been dismissed from the case. And not sure what tactic defense counsel might now take.

But it doesn’t seem to most that BM is not a prime suspect and it does seem likely he will ultimately be prosecuted for it. Time will tell.

*An odd footnote - in one early interview of BM with JG very early in the investigation IIRC, BM stated something to the effect: that he was concerned he would be wrongly or falsely convicted…… (a slip from the I am afraid of being falsely accused?). If memory serves, I believe the investigator JG? response was essentially, not to worry you wouldn’t be wrongly convicted. :)
MOO

Hi again! I have a question about the dart and tranquilizer. Per the AA, BMs dart gun was in a safe when LE showed up and looked around right after SMs disappearance, correct? And LE said it looked like it hadn’t been used in a while, correct? Couldn’t Barry have used the dart without the gun, just inject with his hand? I’m not familiar with either these guns or darts so just wanting clarification of anyone knows. Thanks!

But if it was a shared device, like a laptop, we wouldn’t know who sent those friends requests. It could have been Suzanne, thinking Barry was getting to close to finding out about the affair or it could have been Barry trying to find out who it was. I wonder if Barry knew who it was before he was told?
Without mentioning the boyfriend’s name, did he have to testify at BM’s trial?

It never went that far. All the information was presented by investigators at the preliminary hearing, to include information from witnesses relayed by those testifying.

They played a body cam video that featured the boyfriend, in those initial minutes after police arrived.

It never went that far. All the information was presented by investigators at the preliminary hearing, to include information from witnesses relayed by those testifying.

They played a body cam video that featured the boyfriend, in those initial minutes after police arrived.
I thought op was speaking of Suzanne’s boyfriend.

Either way, I am sure both would have testified had they been called, if there had been a trial.

He was on the witness list for the trial that never happened.

Also on the witness list is Suzanne Morphew's lover of nearly two years, Jeff Libler, whom she knew from high school and started contacting by text message when the couple moved to Colorado from Indiana in 2018.

I think he didn't have helped by virtually of the shovels. He used them, he drove them to Broomfield where I believe he used them to coat them dirt and gravel from Broomfield, not Moffat.

But still, why there?

Perhaps he was aware of it in a legendary way. Boneyard. Misunderstanding the nomenclature.

Did he arrive there by a direct or indirect route?

It had to be well after midnight... and closing in on twelve hours with a dead body. Cadaverine threshold.

Two miles out from the Dollar General and city proper, could he see.city lights so he didn't proceed further?

Underestimated how hard it would be to dig there? Couldn't risk the extra minutes to go deeper? He must have left there at about 2:30... definite cadaverine window. If he returned home with a cooler and set it on the Bobcat, moved it to the trailer, that would account for the dog hits.

Wonder if he tried to bleach a Yeti.... succeeded only in bleaching himself and simply pitched the cooler at the first opportunity.

Likely there are additional steps he took that corresponded to his scrambled thinking. Like swapping SIM cards. Maybe had nothing to do with Moffat but everything to do with the beach site, which he abandoned.

Maybe he was going to chuck Suzanne's phone with her helmet, then reconsidered. Maybe he did something up near Garfield or maybe he just was going to.

His brain had to be absolutely addled.

But then, maybe that's its natural state.

JMO
It was a waning gibbous moon on the 9th. This means it was full on the 7th, therefore 98% illumination on the 8th and 94% on the 9th. Maybe I'm giving BM or a helper too much credit; but an awful lot can be done by way of moonlight. See chart in link below.

Also Didn't his friend and neighbor (400 tours friend) have an old jeep in the driveway that would not have telematics? You remember, where BM stayed while they searched the PP home? (BM stayed at GD's home during search).

Moon phases May 2020

ETA: Initials GD/clarity

Last edited:
Also Didn't his friend and neighbor (400 tours friend) have an old jeep in the driveway that would not have telematics? You remember, where BM stayed while they searched the home?
^^rsbm

I believe the subject 'old Jeep' was the property of BM's PP host address during pretrial bail release, deemed by the Court as the "Cushman Residence." In other words, not belonging to 400 tours George.

IIRC, the "Cushman Residence" is the 2nd home of the owners, and like most people during COVID, did not travel to their 2nd home in 2020 (SM reported missing on 5/10/20). MOO

Thank you for the input and welcome!….. and I appreciate that sentiment too. Yes this new latest tidbit from the Autopsy Report is quite interesting. And there are quite a few other coincidences IMO for BM as a suspect.

I’m not an attorney, so not good to really try to explain. Hopefully someone will help on the latest. Short of it was seeming a heavy handed attempt by counsel to try and claim that their client had been wronged.* BM and team had sued quite a number of people associated with the investigation and prosecution. Some have since been dismissed from the case. And not sure what tactic defense counsel might now take.

But it doesn’t seem to most that BM is not a prime suspect and it does seem likely he will ultimately be prosecuted for it. Time will tell.

*An odd footnote - in one early interview of BM with JG very early in the investigation IIRC, BM stated something to the effect: that he was concerned he would be wrongly or falsely convicted…… (a slip from the I am afraid of being falsely accused?). If memory serves, I believe the investigator JG? response was essentially, not to worry you wouldn’t be wrongly convicted. :)
MOO
Great memory!

From the AA, pg 78:

1714794212825.png

^^rsbm

I believe the subject 'old Jeep' was the property of BM's PP host address during pretrial bail release, deemed by the Court as the "Cushman Residence." In other words, not belonging to 400 tours George.

IIRC, the "Cushman Residence" is the 2nd home of the owners, and like most people during COVID, did not travel to their 2nd home in 2020 (SM reported missing on 5/10/20). MOO
Thank you!

I'm not really "new" to this case, but I haven't ever followed it that closely until recently. For a long time, it never felt to me like there was anything that definitive against BM, and so I kind of kept a distance. But this new stuff about the tranquilizer, that's gonna sink him. No jury is going to accept that as a coincidence.

Anyway, I didnt know about the $15 million suit, what's that about?
Welcome x2!
Here’s a pretty good summary of the shenanigans:
More:

Last edited:
That's the thing, you see..
And that is the question the experts failed to answer.. It doesn't go straight to bones... they didn't explain that interval and I couldn't find research on that interval even for a domestic animal..
The fact that it did have time to travel to bones suggests prolonged ingestion to me, as in more than one lethal shot... more like several smaller doses.. possibly over the course of several hours. I'm a nurse, not a pharmacologist so very much not an expert in this field.

He could have spent a considerable amount of time injecting her, reversing it, doing it again.. each time forcing her to do or say what he wanted her to do or say.. prolonging his control, his God complex, forcing her to tell him everything.. and then driving her to the barren place before burying her, possibly alive or possibly administered the fatal dose when he got her there or a bullet for good measure...
Bones receive about 5-10% of cardiac output. If she lived 2 minutes after the lethal injection the heart would be pumping that murderous jab of BAM through the body and bones at the volume that her terrified heart could pump. I am guessing she initially would have had a significant heart rate...

Bones receive about 5-10% of cardiac output. If she lived 2 minutes after the lethal injection the heart would be pumping that murderous jab of BAM through the body and bones at the volume that her terrified heart could pump. I am guessing she initially would have had a significant heart rate...
That's a generalisation though and every drug is not the same.

Leaving Suzanne alive until just before her burial would not only have foiled the cadaver dogs, but would make the trip to Moffat much less risky - "Oh Officer, my wife is sleeping, she's very tired."

Leaving Suzanne alive until just before her burial would not only have foiled the cadaver dogs, but would make the trip to Moffat much less risky - "Oh Officer, my wife is sleeping, she's very tired."
... " BM:
"She's currently undergoing chemo for cancer and often has to take pain medication that will make her very sleepy. I'm normally the designated driver. Oh did I mention I'm a volunteer Fire Fighter?"
BM playing the hero again in his own twisted tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ