Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with the autopsy being released.. I feel like LE was spot on with their theories of what happened to Suzanne.
I just can’t shake the feeling that they were NOWHERE close to the location where Suzanne’s remains were found. I keep going back and forth in my mind if I believe Barry would actually move her..

BM dismissed FBI Agents Grusing and Harris from his $15M civil lawsuit.

Once again, we have another example of the law, and the law according to Iris. Personally, I'm far from impressed with BM's army of civil litigants and their understanding of how/when to apply § 1983 and Bivens.

Please take note of the FBI's relevant answers to the Complaint in their Motion to Dismiss:

View attachment 501384
View attachment 501389
[..]

View attachment 501392
[..]

View attachment 501393
Always bringing the receipts @Seattle1, love it.

I wonder if they all shared one plate too
Peanut butter steaks for everyone.

IMO Agent Grusing is top notch. He was on it with his speculation and yet still followed the evidence from the jump. It's always easy to see cracks looking back, and there were many with the prosecution of the first case. LE did a nice job here.

Now with the autopsy being released.. I feel like LE was spot on with their theories of what happened to Suzanne.
I just can’t shake the feeling that they were NOWHERE close to the location where Suzanne’s remains were found. I keep going back and forth in my mind if I believe Barry would actually move her..
I think the whole reason they thought she was close was because they had no vehicle data that showed significant movement that night.

I definitely don’t believe he moved her, as you don’t move a body that has gone undiscovered for a couple years, and put it in a shallow grave.

That spot wreaks of panic, and the hilarious alibi that would follow.

Last edited:
I think the whole reason they thought she was close was because they had no vehicle data that showed significant movement that night.

I definitely don’t believe he murdered her, as you don’t move a body that has gone undiscovered for a couple years, and put it in a shallow grave.

^don't believe he moved her

Agreed.

But I haven't ruled out this being his second attempt that night. I think he got outed at the first.

But the whole thing was slipshod.

Moreover, he couldn't have framed himself worse if he'd tried.

JMO

^don't believe he moved her

Agreed.

But I haven't ruled out this being his second attempt that night. I think he got outed at the first.

But the whole thing was slipshod.

Moreover, he couldn't have framed himself worse if he'd tried.

JMO
Yeah, I definitely don't believe this was option number one, and he had some other plan that he couldn't execute for some reason.

Good catch! How embarassing! I've been calling Barry a murderer all over the internet for a good few years now, and the last thing I'd want is for anyone to think that I've changed my mind.

Yeah, I definitely don't believe this was option number one, and he had some other plan that he couldn't execute for some reason.

Good catch! How embarassing! I've been calling Barry a murderer all over the internet for a good few years now, and the last thing I'd want is for anyone to think that I've changed my mind.
I really thought (at the onset) she was under that cement he recently poured. He just came across as a red faced liar IMO.

Oh Suzanne …..

I really thought (at the onset) she was under that cement he recently poured. He just came across as a red faced liar IMO.

Oh Suzanne …..
Oh man, everyone was fooled by that one. The rumors surrounding it were so specific too, with people being named who were in fact later part of the case (witnesses).

It was such a weird case to begin with. The messaging from law enforcement didn't make sense, as they didn't do what they always do when they think someone is abducted. Then we had Barry not making a public plea "too soon," and the nephew telling the media that he wouldn't go on camera (the whole point of a family spokesman). Then we had the "Oh Suzanne video" which even to this day, is the strangest thing I've ever seen a family member do. I remember those body language Youtube guys laughing at that plea, saying something to the effect of "how is this guy not in the pokey yet?"

We had so few facts that we grasped at anything, and then went all in on that job site dig.

Oh man, everyone was fooled by that one. The rumors surrounding it were so specific too, with people being named who were in fact later part of the case (witnesses).

It was such a weird case to begin with. The messaging from law enforcement didn't make sense, as they didn't do what they always do when they think someone is abducted. Then we had Barry not making a public plea "too soon," and the nephew telling the media that he wouldn't go on camera (the whole point of a family spokesman). Then we had the "Oh Suzanne video" which even to this day, is the strangest thing I've ever seen a family member do. I remember those body language Youtube guys laughing at that plea, saying something to the effect of "how is this guy not in the pokey yet?"

We had so few facts that we grasped at anything, and then went all in on that job site dig.
I recall your steady direction in the GannonS case. You stood firm -- don't listen to what LE says. Watch what they do. They said it was a missing person case. But their actions showed them pursuing a POI. I reference this case now because the stepmurderer moved the body. But at the time of her arrest, as indicated by the arrest affidavit, LE knew she'd spent some minutes in a focused area and believed that to be where she'd dumped the child's body. Unable to locate him there, however, they guessed that wildlife scattered his remains. Turns out his body had been there but she moved it (out of state, thrown from an overpass). I think it's possible that Barry was at a first location (namely the beach site) with every intention of leaving remains barried there but was interrupted and had to beat a fast retreat, retreated all the way to Moffat.

At the time, I had several pieces of heavy machinery in mind. Bobcat, backhoe, wood chipper. In truth, Barry's diesel truck (or anybody diesel truck) running, probably sounded like a freight train against the quiet of the night and the quiet of the hard of hearing. A truck couldn't been heavy equipment enough.

I can picture Barry standing knee deep in rebar, by the light of his truck, digging easily in sand/soil so near the watertable, barrying what he'd done knowing cement would soon be poured.

Spooked, he got out of dodge.

And then couldn't dig deep a'tall.

JMO

With all the Irisisms and her pronouncements on autopsy results and DNA “matches,” is she sounding a bit, um, unhinged?

She seems to be speaking a lot like B“can’t tell the truth even when I try”M.

(I can just hear @MassGuy or @Megnut or @Seattle1 saying, “Well, when you’re waving buh-bye to $15 million, it can tend to make you a tad hysterical.”)

And it made me think of Dru Nielsen, and I wonder if she is thankful she went a different direction, which was away from her former law partner Iris.

IMO

Am I correct in remembering her phone nor wedding rings were ever found? I always suspected the phone to be located somewhere there Even possibly the "beach area". Especially after the elderly neighbor came forward describing the Bobcat working at hours of the night she found disturbing of the 10th (2am ish).

BBM: The Pokey yet, that's perfect. I hope that's exactly where he lands- The Pokey.

Controlling the narrative is a common strategy in political, public relations and litigation contexts to shape information to create a desired point of view.

I'd say the comments on the Autopsy Report (AR) by Mr. Morphew’s attorneys represent their continuing attempt to control the narrative surrounding this case. The comment that "she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home" tries to spin a single reference to “Yeti shorts” in the AR as evidence proving the (obviously staged) bike ride scenario.

You may recall when the body was discovered last October, she called out the fact that Suzanne’s remains were not "found anywhere in the vicinity of her home, the town nearby, or the county she lived in" (as though that had some exculpatory implications for Mr. Morphew, I mean, so what? Huge nothingburger).

The latest salvo of advocacy-masquerading-as-fact tries to assert a detection of caffeine in Suzanne’s bone marrow (a fact not revealed in the AR) has established his innocence once and for all.

Per Jane Fisher-Byrialsen, one of Barry's attorneys, "Barry Morphew is innocent and he could not have killed his wife. She got up the morning of Mother's Day, had her cup of coffee, that is now confirmed with the autopsy report.” As one more interested in justice than obfuscation, I would naturally like to know the basis of such a conclusion. For example, what levels of caffeine were detected.

The actual caffeine concentration found in the bone marrow is of obvious importance since various peer reviewed studies have found trace levels can remain in the human system for more than 24 hours. Typical quantification levels of caffeine by ultrahigh-performance liquid chromatography combined with tandem mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization (sorry for this technical gibberish, just pointing out that this stuff is high tech) have detection limits on the order of 0.01 mg/l. For a person of Suzanne’s size (assuming around 110 lbs) her blood caffeine concentration might peak at around 1-3 mg/l or at least 100 times greater than the detection limit. This means that caffeine would still be detectable in her blood (i.e. bone marrow) long, long after her morning cuppa Joe. In other words, the caffeine detection is entirely consistent with death on Saturday the 9th.

So, I guess the takeaway for me is that the fetched from afar claims of Mr. Morphew’s attorneys are just part of their job, and not actual attempts at intellectual honesty. (I guess this is pretty obvious, but I still find my brain on the verge of implosion when I read some of their, umm, stuff.)
Gaslight of the century.
He said she usually has coffee.
This proves he was right.
She had coffee.

With all the Irisisms and her pronouncements on autopsy results and DNA “matches,” is she sounding a bit, um, unhinged?

She seems to be speaking a lot like B“can’t tell the truth even when I try”M.

(I can just hear @MassGuy or @Megnut or @Seattle1 saying, “Well, when you’re waving buh-bye to $15 million, it can tend to make you a tad hysterical.”)

And it made me think of Dru Nielsen, and I wonder if she is thankful she went a different direction, which was away from her former law partner Iris.

IMO
Does the defense have an obligation to make accurate statements? Or are they only held to a standard during a trial? I don’t really know the law on this.

Lately, it seems like Iris is veering further from the truth in her public statements.

I believe they were conducting a methodical search, first one area, then the next.
Had all the local regions been eliminated they could have cast their nets further.
That had not been concluded because of adverse weather conditions.

Did he move her?
It's possible.

I think they did a brilliant job and would have obtained a no body conviction had the trial been permitted and had their witnesses been permitted to testify..

I definitely don’t believe he moved her, as you don’t move a body that has gone undiscovered for a couple years, and put it in a shallow grave.

True re shallow grave.
I believe he always knew he would murder her and that money was his motive primarily followed swiftly by control thwarted- ego.
but geez there were so many high places, ravines etc from and to where he cold have dropped her never to be found again..

Wonder whether we should listen to the crime pods he was so fond of?

while we're waiting... for the next few years? :p

Can't you just picture Jonny Grusing's face when he read the latest news about the BAM over his cornflakes? Would love to have been a fly on the wall!
He has retired now.
I'd be really interested in knowing his feelings about all of it..
ALL.

Remember there's probably tons that was withheld from AA for the actual trial which never happened...
We simply do not know.

Am I correct in remembering her phone nor wedding rings were ever found? I always suspected the phone to be located somewhere there Even possibly the "beach area". Especially after the elderly neighbor came forward describing the Bobcat working at hours of the night she found disturbing of the 10th (2am ish).

BBM: The Pokey yet, that's perfect. I hope that's exactly where he lands- The Pokey.
You are. Her phone would have been incredibly valuable, which is why Barry made it disappear. Personally, I think Barry chucked it in a dumpster in Broomfield. As for the ring, it was never found. It doesn't prove anything though, as scavengers could have taken it with her fingers, or the "random abductor, could have removed it in that scenario, the fact that he didn't take the cash or credit cards in her vehicle, notwithstanding.

I'm sure Barry removed it and had it melted or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree