Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

Didn't this occur on Friday night, and not Saturday?
It hasn't been confirmed to my satisfaction either way.

And my satisfaction is very important to me. =)

Maybe he was there both nights. (At the beach site)

I do recall him being very busy the night of 5/8 behind PP. More proof IMO that they weren't sharing a bedroom.

I wonder if they weren't living separated in the same house. No calling, no texting, just coexisting. Suzanne probably left him curt notes on the counter ... and he just "worked" a lot.

Just what was he doing down by the water that Friday night?

Could he spy into Suzanne's bedroom from there?

That man needed a bell around his neck.

JMO

They were explained as being push notifications, which required Suzanne do nothing in order for her phone to receive them. More lies from his attorney. She has Suzanne's Verizon records, so she'd be able to site who she called or who called her. But they weren't phone calls...

So she has 2 data points, and simply goes with the one that serves her purposes, while ignoring the one that disproves her argument. The entire lawsuit is filled with this garbage.
Why would Iris do this though? because if she (or the other law firms involved) have themselves mis stated the evidence, they are left with nothing to sue for. Do you think the lawsuit frivolous?

Digging deep into my gray matter, did we learn once upon a time that cameras were sparse? One up at Monarch and one at an intersection in Poncha Springs? Was the PS one a traffic cam, of the sort that doesn't record?

I'm wondering about Barry's awareness of the same.

I'm trying to put together a loose loop for myself. I think some of the loose ends are actually signs of Barry's chaotic thinking.

I think he was livid that morning having viewed his mini cam while at the beach site with MG.

I think he went home early and intended then to murder her but for reasons known only to him, he didn't. Maybe couldn't. Not without being spotted.

By 1:40, he had gone from livid to incensed....

Once he used BAM on his wife, I don't know whether he continued to inject her, whether she was sedated briefly or at length before death, but I suspect it wasn't long because of the presence of cadaverine... death at 2 pm yields cadaverine at 2 am.

With his truck blocking the neck of the driveway, he had reasonable assurance no one would be coming to the house, he would only need to conceal her temporarily. (Afain, I wonder what secrets the grave reveals. Fluids leaching into the soil, could LE determine if the body was at length or truncated? Just how big a hole was dug? 2 ft x 6 ft? 2 ft x 3?)

Here's where I want pins and a map.

10:30/11pm I think Barry sets out. Driving what, I don't know. Towing a trailer, maybe. Just before midnight, I think he was in fact at the beach site. Using his equipment or something left there by the contractor, or shovels. At a minimum running a diesel engine.

He leaves when the neighbor's porch light comes on.

From there he drives to Moffat. Is it even closer from the beach site? I'll be the first to admit I get these things backwards, don't know my cardinal points -- but if Barry drives from the beach site through Moffat, stops outside the city limits and starts digging, by my maths, that puts him there between 1 and 2 am -- cadaverine and rigor hour -- and puts him right on target for getting back to PP around 3:30, especially if he had return another vehicle, reclaim his trailer, etc, etc. Not a minute to spare.

Spends the next hour plotting. Clearing off his work bench, gathering the helmet and bike jacket. Maybe he was responsible for the jumble of Suzanne's things on her passenger seat. Maybe it was all contained in a backpack which he dumped, in order to use it for his own purposes.

I've seen Barry's vehicles, seen his idea of packing, seen his workbench and gunsafe. That seat looked more like his doing than hers, that's for sure.

Barry wasn't going to steal her cash and credit cards, not when he was angling for stealing all of her money. You know, as "guardian".

(Has LE recovered data from Suzanne's vehicle showing when doors were opened and closed?)

Then he unstows her bike, carries her bike down the way.

Walks back, drives away, first turning left in order to toss her helmet and who knows what else, before heading off to Broomfield.

He had exactly that much time to do exactly that.

JMO
I do like your thinking!

What do you think Barry was doing between 2.30 and 10.30 pm?

As we went round and round on what he did with her body, I think we covered virtually every possibility. Mineshaft. Burial pod. Wood chipper. Under the driveway. But there was always this sense thst he had about 3.5 hours to work with which draws a big radius. Did he stay nearby and work longly? Did he go long but work shortly? White Pines, home of the swan dive and overlooking a cemetery. Buried with a carcass. Lion's den. Turns out, he drove as far as he could get and dug as deep as he could in order to be back at PP in team to load up and get gone.

Finding her remains is nothing short of miraculous. Unless LE got a fresh lead.....

Could Barry himself have said something odd in regard to missing person Edna and that person called it in?

Eager to see this all consolidated into a prosecution and conviction.

JMO
Reading this line had me thinking..

Did he drive as far as he could or did he have this spot in mind? What factors determined where he stopped?

It seems he could have went further because he had more time.. he could have taken a bit longer.. did he have limited gas in his vehicle of choice? He couldn't stop for gas because he was "home sleeping" so maybe his dump location was decided by how much gas was in the vehicle. I know if he opted to use his daughters RR that could have been a concern. I know I tend to let things get to below half and well even lower (I have even had some times where the gas light comes on before I then HAVE to stop and get gas :oops: ) where as my husband is one that doesn't like to get below half ever. lol So maybe he was limited to how much gas he had to get out and back without needing to get gas. Maybe he was limited by fearing daylight would come before he could get back home, or maybe he just had this spot in mind. Looking up Colorado sunrise times for May and 5:45am would be ballpark for that time. So he could have went a bit further to beat the sun.

I can say if you were not invited, you were turned away and/or asked to leave. There's a video on twitter/X of somebody who drove to Westerfield Baptist Church and being told 'you are not allowed to be here, please leave.' Sorry, can't link non MSM source.
Makes my heart hurt that it could have been a member of Suzanne’s family or a close friend.

Did he drive as far as he could or did he have this spot in mind? What factors determined where he stopped?

It seems he could have went further because he had more time.. he could have taken a bit longer.. did he have limited gas in his vehicle of choice? He couldn't stop for gas because he was "home sleeping" so maybe his dump location was decided by how much gas was in the vehicle. I know if he opted to use his daughters RR that could have been a concern. I know I tend to let things get to below half and well even lower (I have even had some times where the gas light comes on before I then HAVE to stop and get gas :oops: ) where as my husband is one that doesn't like to get below half ever. lol So maybe he was limited to how much gas he had to get out and back without needing to get gas. Maybe he was limited by fearing daylight would come before he could get back home, or maybe he just had this spot in mind. Looking up Colorado sunrise times for May and 5:45am would be ballpark for that time. So he could have went a bit further to beat the sun.
Great thought -- limited by fuel in the vehicle of choice.

Did the 2nd RR get locked down as part of the home search hold? By the time the vehicle was released, would a teen notice the gas gauge? Or would Barry preempt that? Take it into town, get it detailed, fill the tank... I wonder if, after that fact, he did anything that stood out...

Just llike The One Time Barry carried sick Suzanne, it's wise to question his motives always. If it seems like he's being nice, there's something in it for him.

It's beyond repulsive if he used a daughter's vehicle to transport her dead or dying mother.

Repulsive is as repulsive does.

JMO

Why would Iris do this though? because if she (or the other law firms involved) have themselves mis stated the evidence, they are left with nothing to sue for. Do you think the lawsuit frivolous?

This is not new for IE!

She practiced this art of misrepresenting the facts repeatedly in her defense Motions for sanctions. Especially once Judge Lama became her audience.

And despite no district Court (Murphy or Lama) ever finding the prosecution team acted in bad faith, guilty of willful misconduct, or intentional violation of Rule 16, IE seemed to find momentum--especially after she publicly announced that she served as a witness for the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel (who were investigating a complaint filed against DA Stanley).

IE is incredibly smart. I've long believed this civil suit to be her test case for the change in Colorado Law banning qualified immunity. However, I also think IE couldn't help herself not to pile it on. Sometimes it's like she's trying to convince herself, IMO, the suit won't survive the Motions to Dismiss.

But IE did not lose. She had an agenda. She's in a good place for IE 2.0 MOO

He may have gone back into town.

He went through office files.

He burned some. Burned a journal. Ate. Napped. Washed his shorts.

JMO
In addition to the above, I believe he was rifling through her personal effects, reveling in what he had done, maybe a little deep breathing to calm his nerves, thinking and making plans, making a list of things he would need to do to cover his tracks. Preparing a steak dinner for one.

I don't know why, but if you look at paras 214-230 of the complaint that is exactly what she does as i laid out in detail upthread. Her own client confirmed that Grusings interpretation of the data was correct. She agrees the points plotted on the map were correct. IE has no evidence that there was any static drift. It's simply speculation, that goes against her own clients recorded statements.

my 02c

This is not new for IE!

She practiced this art of misrepresenting the facts repeatedly in her defense Motions for sanctions. Especially once Judge Lama became her audience.

And despite no district Court (Murphy or Lama) ever finding the prosecution team acted in bad faith, guilty of willful misconduct, or intentional violation of Rule 16, IE seemed to find momentum--especially after she publicly announced that she served as a witness for the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel (who were investigating a complaint filed against DA Stanley).

IE is incredibly smart. I've long believed this civil suit to be her test case for the change in Colorado Law banning qualified immunity. However, I also think IE couldn't help herself not to pile it on. Sometimes it's like she's trying to convince herself, IMO, the suit won't survive the Motions to Dismiss.

But IE did not lose. She had an agenda. She's in a good place for IE 2.0 MOO

Why would IE do this?

Everything @Seattle1 said.

An agenda. Ambitions. Hoping you cripple the locals with lawsuits they can't afford to fight, angling for settlements, complete with nondisclosures.

She has aspirations and she's not going to let something like the truth get in her way.

JMO

In addition to the above, I believe he was rifling through her personal effects, reveling in what he had done, maybe a little deep breathing to calm his nerves, thinking and making plans, making a list of things he would need to do to cover his tracks. Preparing a steak dinner for one.
Oh, and per the AA and the community dumpster yield, he had some beers. I guess drinking is okay with him. For him.

JMO

Why would IE do this?

Everything @Seattle1 said.

An agenda. Ambitions. Hoping you cripple the locals with lawsuits they can't afford to fight, angling for settlements, complete with nondisclosures.

She has aspirations and she's not going to let something like the truth get in her way.

JMO
Yep. MOO
IE is manic and she makes it work for her.

Digging deep into my gray matter, did we learn once upon a time that cameras were sparse? One up at Monarch and one at an intersection in Poncha Springs? Was the PS one a traffic cam, of the sort that doesn't record?

I'm wondering about Barry's awareness of the same.

I'm trying to put together a loose loop for myself. I think some of the loose ends are actually signs of Barry's chaotic thinking.

I think he was livid that morning having viewed his mini cam while at the beach site with MG.

I think he went home early and intended then to murder her but for reasons known only to him, he didn't. Maybe couldn't. Not without being spotted.

By 1:40, he had gone from livid to incensed....

Once he used BAM on his wife, I don't know whether he continued to inject her, whether she was sedated briefly or at length before death, but I suspect it wasn't long because of the presence of cadaverine... death at 2 pm yields cadaverine at 2 am.

With his truck blocking the neck of the driveway, he had reasonable assurance no one would be coming to the house, he would only need to conceal her temporarily. (Afain, I wonder what secrets the grave reveals. Fluids leaching into the soil, could LE determine if the body was at length or truncated? Just how big a hole was dug? 2 ft x 6 ft? 2 ft x 3?)

Here's where I want pins and a map.

10:30/11pm I think Barry sets out. Driving what, I don't know. Towing a trailer, maybe. Just before midnight, I think he was in fact at the beach site. Using his equipment or something left there by the contractor, or shovels. At a minimum running a diesel engine.

He leaves when the neighbor's porch light comes on.

From there he drives to Moffat. Is it even closer from the beach site? I'll be the first to admit I get these things backwards, don't know my cardinal points -- but if Barry drives from the beach site through Moffat, stops outside the city limits and starts digging, by my maths, that puts him there between 1 and 2 am -- cadaverine and rigor hour -- and puts him right on target for getting back to PP around 3:30, especially if he had return another vehicle, reclaim his trailer, etc, etc. Not a minute to spare.

Spends the next hour plotting. Clearing off his work bench, gathering the helmet and bike jacket. Maybe he was responsible for the jumble of Suzanne's things on her passenger seat. Maybe it was all contained in a backpack which he dumped, in order to use it for his own purposes.

I've seen Barry's vehicles, seen his idea of packing, seen his workbench and gunsafe. That seat looked more like his doing than hers, that's for sure.

Barry wasn't going to steal her cash and credit cards, not when he was angling for stealing all of her money. You know, as "guardian".

(Has LE recovered data from Suzanne's vehicle showing when doors were opened and closed?)

Then he unstows her bike, carries her bike down the way.

Walks back, drives away, first turning left in order to toss her helmet and who knows what else, before heading off to Broomfield.

He had exactly that much time to do exactly that.

JMO
Thank you @Megnut
Strongly agree ❤️
“ I've seen Barry's vehicles, seen his idea of packing, seen his workbench and gunsafe. That seat looked more like his doing than hers, that's for sure.

Barry wasn't going to steal her cash and credit cards, not when he was angling for stealing all of her money. You know, as "guardian"”

AND during COVID everyone was glued to the news and at home working remotely, schooling remotely, etc. He didn't consider that it would be more newsworthy and people would be home and able to follow the news better. We all needed a distraction away from what was happening. This captivated us all for many reasons.

1. It was Mothers Day and she was a mother who went missing
2. Since it was Covid lockdown time, she was alone and her husband and daughters were gone traveling.. so odd.
3. House had cameras but they weren't working
4. Her best friends daughter was getting married and she didn't message her back or watch the wedding.

It felt all wrong from the beginning and not just because it's usually the husband.

Barry picked the wrong weekend to make this "disappeared on a bike ride" thing happen. If he would have picked a random weekend in June, without a wedding, without a holiday, without it being a Sunday that he couldn't even work on.. etc. It might not have gotten as much attention immediately.

I'm curious if chose Mother's Day on purpose to punish her or if he snapped on that day, because he caught her on the phone with her boyfriend.
Still curious why the daughters went camping on Mother's Day. That in itself is odd, why not the weekend BEFORE or AFTER Mother's Day?

Absolutely ? Have you “met” Iris? An absolute salad spinner - A whirlwind of glib intelligence and very strategic on one hand and slip sliding in all the alternate facts with the other hand.

JMO

Agreed, IMO, daylight hours was his determining time factor. He needed to dispose of material before most people would be starting their mothers day activities. He also needed to transport his angel after dark. You know those 'deeds in the dark'.

Yep. MOO
IE is manic and she makes it work for her.
Yes @Boxer but I might add that she has made it work for her in this case ….So far.
I think it would be a mistake for BM to choose her to rep him again. People are very much on to her behavior imo.
She lucked out in the first go around with a very green underfunded DA ( you might say a wildly incompetent DA) and found in Llama an easy mark. A divorced judge with severe back pain, that appeared enamored with her who regurgitated her opinions whether they were accurate or not.
- just my opinion.
New field, new team, new ball game coming up.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member