Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheath was actually in the lint trap.

If he chased her into an upstairs room, I can't reconcile that with the broken doorframe downstairs.

I just really want to know what TRAP Barry thought LE had on him, at that moment.

The question kind of is: Barry, how did your Saturday shorts wind up in the dryer with sheets probably belonging to MM2?

Barry admitted to seeing certain things in the wash. Did he remove some?

I wonder if they had any smart appliances. THAT would be a fascinating report. Electric meter, water meter, same!

Imagine if they could lock down shower time, laundry time!
He could have initially chased her into the master bedroom, with him breaking the door frame, if she got away from him again, stumbled and made her way to the other bedroom where the sheets were missing? By then she was losing the ability to get away from him as the drugs worked...sadly.

He could have initially chased her into the master bedroom, with him breaking the door frame, if she got away from him again, stumbled and made her way to the other bedroom where the sheets were missing? By then she was losing the ability to get away from him as the drugs worked...sadly.
I am just hoping that the wood fragment found in Suzanne's grave matches up with the broken door frame.

I can't fathom how that should have made it to the grave but outstanding if it did! I can't think of any other sources for wood fragments. Anyone?
My first thought is that Suzanne may have been holding onto a doorframe for dear life as Barry was trying to carry her away, but that would mean Suzanne was conscious and was still gripping onto whatever wood had splintered off when she died.

But I don't know where the wood fragments were found. Maybe the above still happened but the fragments got stuck in her hair? MOO.

IE is inventive.

First it's the DNA, now it's the ranchers.

On what basis could LE demand an accounting from all veterinarians and local ranchers as to who has access to BAM?

I love how IE is out there spinning tales, planting the idea that LE is derelict for not providing this information, as if there's a run on BAM and everybody has a sheath in the dryer.

We aren't distracted.

JMO
Its the only "reasonable" doubt she has. Her client is on the record admitting he has these highly restricted drugs, they are missing, as are some of the darts and the loading syringe. The sheath to one of those was found tangled in the laundry. A reasonable juror is going to ask what is more likely, Barry did this, or some crazed rancher lying in wait.

I can't fathom how that should have made it to the grave but outstanding if it did! I can't think of any other sources for wood fragments. Anyone?
On one of Barry's many trash drops, he disposed of a camo coat and a tree container, if he used that to transport Suzanne to Moffat, there may have been Wood debris in it?

moo

Ebm, would love @Skigh 's thought to be spot on ! Already difficult to see how Iris will spin this, but add that in - no chance

Its the only "reasonable" doubt she has. Her client is on the record admitting he has these highly restricted drugs, they are missing, as are some of the darts and the loading syringe. The sheath to one of those was found tangled in the laundry. A reasonable juror is going to ask what is more likely, Barry did this, or some crazed rancher lying in wait.
Well, when you phrase it like that, it becomes wickedly clear that it was a crazed rancher lying in wait. Crazed rancher named Barry. Had the drugs, knew how to dose and load them, used it professionally (admitted to using it illegally) and spent two hours in the back lot while his wife was sunbathing and engaged in sexy talk with her lover. Crazed? Check. Rancher, more or less, check. Lying, whichever use of the word, check, check and triple check.

IE has nothing. Nothing, nothing and triple nothing.

JMO

On one of Barry's many trash drops, he disposed of a camo coat and a tree container, if he used that to transport Suzanne to Moffat, there may have been Wood debris in it?

moo
Or.... whatever vehicle Barry used for transport.... or... if Barry did attempt to Barry her at the beach site first, perhaps her person picked up some local flora.

I wonder if that wood will prove telling.

Or.... whatever vehicle Barry used for transport.... or... if Barry did attempt to Barry her at the beach site first, perhaps her person picked up some local flora.

I wonder if that wood will prove telling.

All things lead back to Barry in the end. MOO

Here's hoping that wood fragment yields some more information x

moo

Ebm, would love @Skigh 's thought to be spot on ! Already difficult to see how Iris will spin this, but add that in - no chance
Plastic nursery pot probably for a shrub or tree. They aren’t huge maybe a foot in diameter.

bbm

Arizona.

Made me think of him staying in an older model (1965, iirc) Fleetwood of some kind at a trailer/RV park in Cave Creek.

I drove up there and it is a very small park located just off Cave Creek Road behind a gas station. Tight quarters, didn’t look very plush, but close walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops.

Made me wonder if he’s pinching pennies a bit.
Bbm.
Well, wouldn't that be a shame ? *sarcasm intended*

My guess is BM used some of Suzanne's money for his defense --as he'd have access to her funds as they weren't divorced yet ?
Omo.

Am I right in assuming, that this vehicle model is not named by chance?
Possible.
I keep thinking of the band.

Odd if BM's staying at an RV park -- he who liked large expensive houses.
Not sure how much the house Suzanne last lived in was worth, but the photos showed a not-inexpensive dwelling.
Omo.

I am just hoping that the wood fragment found in Suzanne's grave matches up with the broken door frame.
That paints a terrifying picture.
Struggling to get away from him and to live, whilst the door or frame was being broken and splintered.
Her heart had to be racing, or trying to -- as the BAM drugs spread throughout her body. :mad:
Omo.

Because of the "caffeine" I read some interesting things about sedation of animals. I actually wanted to find out, if the caffeine plays a role, when working on reverse sedation with appropriate medication. Then I learned of the intubation, absolutely needed for avoiding respiratory arrest before finally the awakening (of the animal) takes place. My next thought was, BM indeed had to avoid resperatory arrest, IF he wanted to transport Suzanne alive to Moffat or elsewhere.
What I don't understand though, are the traces of cadaverine, which were found by dogs on the seat of the bobcat and the bucket of it (iirc).
Maybe those things were in contact, not with a dead SM, but with BM who had handled SM after she was dead (or with tools that he used to bury SM after she was dead) and that is how the cadaverine transferred to those locations on the Bobcat.

BM did go through multiple clothing changes after arriving in Broomfield and also appeared to have thrown some of his items of clothing away there (IIRC, he was carrying at least a camouflage patterned jacket when he headed to the hotel parking lot dumpster). And he left his shovels there as well (as if his "alibi crew" was going to hand-dig the wall they were resetting).

Am I correct in remembering that there were also rocks/gravel in the grave that did not belong to the surrounding area? I'm as curious about where those came from as I am about the wood fragment.

Could both have come from the Salida riverfront building site if that was BM's first intended grave for SM, and they were picked up with her body and put back into the cooler or onto a tarp (ETA: or into a large black tree planter... like he threw away in Broomfield) in which he wrapped her for picking her up and delivering her to the burial site where her remains were ultimately found?

ETA: I vaguely remember that there may have been some "hits" by the dogs that were taken to the riverfront site.

I have to share this with y'all. My husband does NOT understand why I follow true crime, research about it, and write a small blog about it. He just doesn't understand how obsessed I am with it. Well, I have converted him, at least on this case. LOLOL I was watching some podcast (I can't remember the name of it) about old Barry. And he sat down and got right into it. Well, after my initial shock wore off (and I imagine I had a shocked look on my face as well), he starts asking me questions. He said to me and I am quoting, "Is this guy really as stupid as he looks and sounds?" I answered with an affirmative. The podcast went through how the charges were dropped without prejudice, and how her body was found, and the autopsy report.

I filled him in about JL, the spy-pen, the sheath, his deer antler adventures, and the killing of the chipmunks. Plus, the tranquilizer gun, the drugs, and anything else I could think about. He was totally enthralled. He asked me if JL ever called LE to tell them about his and Suzanne's relationship after she went missing. I told him that I wasn't aware if he did or not. Which brought up another interesting point for me to think about. He asked if BM knew about JL. I told him it was my opinion, that he had suspicions, but I wasn't sure. He told me he thinks that BM did know, but he couldn't let on like he did. He thinks that is what finally pushed BM into killing her. If he couldn't have her, NO ONE was going to have her. At this point, I am in shock beyond words because he never wants to talk about true crime with me.

He asks me if BM had a girlfriend before he killed Suzanne. It is his opinion, that there wasn't one girlfriend for BM, but multiple women. I told him, I really don't know, but I know he had one or sort of one after, really soon after she came up missing. I reminded him that Suzanne had a "friend" JL, that lived in Michigan. We talked about how that seemed to shock everyone when that came out at the prelim. I told him that their daughters really seem to be supporting BM.

We talked a little bit more, and he said for me not to be surprised if they don't refile charges right away. He said he thinks that with everything that went on in the first case, this DA is going to want everything to be perfect. At this point, I am shocked that we have had an hour and a half conversation about a true crime case.

I should also tell y'all he DESPISES Scott Reisch. He can NOT stand the man. I am not sure what Scott has ever done to him, but lawdy! LOL I love Scott, but I notice he showboats every now and again. He asked me what Mr. Scott had to say about the autopsy findings. I said I hadn't really paid much attention to what he said, I was just basically reading here about the case. He told me to just keep it that way! He thinks Tricia is the greatest and knows how long I have been here. LOL

His name for BM is Tranq Boy. He asks me about ten times a day what is going on with Tranq Boy. And shakes his head and says that BM is just not too smart. He told me this morning that he would bet I have never followed a case where the autopsy showed animal tranquilizers involved in a death of a human. I told him he was right. I also told him about the sheath from the dart being in the dryer. He just shook his head, and said he really is a moron.

I told him BM was spotted by the "Daily Mail" sneaking into the "Celebration of Life" that they had for Suzanne. He told me he couldn't believe he had the audacity to show his face there. He said he was surprised no one threw him out. I told him that BM has to keep the good husband appearances up, after all, he is suing for 15 MILLION DOLLARS for being arrested the last time. Well, that did it. He said he has seen NERVY people before, but BM just takes the cake. LOL

I am just going to enjoy our conversations about this, because he has NEVER shown and interest before. I kind of like having this ongoing dialogue with him! LOL We have been married for 35 years and the man never ceases to amaze me, but this has floored me. We are at my daughter's and he is telling her all about it! She has a shocked look on her face too!

I am sorry about the long post, but I just had to share this. I am just too befuddled not to do so! LOL

PS. Mods, I am not really calling BM names, I am just sharing what my husband said.

Thanks everyone for reading this long post. I really appreciate it.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

Edited to fix a boo-boo.

Maybe those things were in contact, not with a dead SM, but with BM who had handled SM after she was dead (or with tools that he used to bury SM after she was dead) and that is how the cadaverine transferred to those locations on the Bobcat.

BM did go through multiple clothing changes after arriving in Broomfield and also appeared to have thrown some of his items of clothing away there (IIRC, he was carrying at least a camouflage patterned jacket when he headed to the hotel parking lot dumpster). And he left his shovels there as well (as if his "alibi crew" was going to hand-dig the wall they were resetting).

Cadaverine could come from any dead animal, so I've entertained the hypothesis that Barry had moved that deer carcass that was found up against the house (IMO, it was to attract a mountain lion - which it did in fact do). IIRC, the deer was found with its antlers sawed off, of course. A police officer noticed the mountain lion nearby. IIRC.

The cadaverine would stick around for quite a while and I do not think it's possible to date when it was deposited on the bobcat. In theory, forensics analysis should have tried to find DNA in those samples - and if it was human DNA, I think we would have heard about it in the AA. If it was Suzanne's DNA, that would have been up front in the AA, IMO.

All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member