Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in the breezeway that Barry was so quick to concoct the deer/antler/saw story? (@MassGuy, I think it's called a skull cap.)

Grusing indicated that Barry made it from his truck to the patio at warp speed and then it appears that he makes a circuit of the perimeter of the home, IMO seeking entry or peering in windows. I suspect the former based on timing but it's not illogical for him to be trying to determine her location.

Where was Suzanne when he arrived?

Was there a point of contact in the breezeway/mudroom?

Did Barry know what LE had on him? The sheath? Was his mind racing? Sheath, dart -- did he immediately know what they must have found? And likely where? Or did they provide the location, and from that, he built his story? Because it doesn't make much sense. His story doesn't but I mean the breezeway doesn't. The sheath wasn't near the breezeway because it started there. It was moved to there. Either contained in the bundle of sheets or having dislodged from his shorts pockets, both sources originating elsewhere.

For my mind's eye, I wish I could create the reel. Was he using a weapon capable of firing a dart? Did he do it by hand? Did he do it by hand because that was the plan? Did he do it by hand because the gun plan failed? Whatever came of the gun case beneath the bed? Was that ever matched to a seized weapon? Did the unspent round, recovered bedside, correspond to that weapon? (Did the bullet recovered from the gravesite correspond to either?) Did Barry inject more than one dart? On which side of the bedroom door? Did he miss with any? (Like fired into a closet doorframe causing BAM to leak.)

And was BAM ultimately fatal or just an extreme sedative and murder followed? I suspect that latter for two reasons -- those gouges on his arms which I believe 100% to be telltale fingernail digs and the wording in the autopsy -- homicide in the setting of BAM.

I wonder at what point Barry learned it was the syringe cap and that it was found in the dryer, rendering his antler story especially ridiculous. Picture Barry standing in the breezeway two weeks prior to Suzanne's murder, aiming his tranq gun at a deer (without antlers!). How and when would that cause a sheath to land in -- what? -- a dryer that just happens to be open? And no one ever sees it there? Yeah, didn't happen.

It's really something that he ever thought anyone -- especially JonnyGrusing -- was believing him.

85 chipmunks.

If JG has a wall of doozies, that's on it.

JMO

Barry Morphew, who is not a suspect, and has not been named a person of interest, dumped trash multiple times on day wife #SuzanneMorphew #disappeared. Nancy Grace and Chris McDonough investigate:

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 15
Barry Morphew, who is not a suspect, and has not been named a person of interest, dumped trash multiple times on day wife #SuzanneMorphew #disappeared. Nancy Grace and Chris McDonough investigate:
Wow. Zoopharm, the manufacturer of "BAM" is located in Fort Collins, CO. I can't believe BM was in possession of any of this. The fact that BM could name these drugs off the top of his head makes my head hurt!

From the AA, pages 119, 123:

1715436148818.png

1715436272672.png

What was his mental calculus in turning it over?

To confirm his chipmunk story (which it didn't)?

To show how cooperative-y he was? A guilty man wouldn't make a point of turning in a gun...

I can't squint my brain enough to think like him.

What was he thinking????
Ahhh....IIRC was not Bwana Barr charged in the initial panoply of naughties with unlawful creation/possession of a "short gun"? Perhaps by surrendering it through his truck window he was thinking he'd just B-nose his way out of this harmless mischief? IDK :rolleyes:

I am still digging for my saved photo of the "pizza" night but did find this saved in my notes and I think this is why I was confused.

SM messaged JL she was home alone while BM getting Pizza
THEN
SM sent photo of BM outside Moonlight Pizza.

I am still working on finding the photo.View attachment 502801
I am not a bright bulb always for sure……. But was confused by that? Might SM have been with BM on the pizza run and was texting JL at that time? Did he discover that?

Unless I am misreading what I thought I just read above in those two tweets? In other words….. if SM was supposedly at home alone while he did a pizza run how did she get a picture of BM at the pizza shop? Did she take it or someone send it to her? If the latter who? Or were they on different days?

And apologies up front if this is addressed below. I am behind playing catch up…… and see my first pleading sentence above. MOO

What happened in the breezeway that Barry was so quick to concoct the deer/antler/saw story? (@MassGuy, I think it's called a skull cap.)

Grusing indicated that Barry made it from his truck to the patio at warp speed and then it appears that he makes a circuit of the perimeter of the home, IMO seeking entry or peering in windows. I suspect the former based on timing but it's not illogical for him to be trying to determine her location.

Did Barry know what LE had on him? The sheath? Was his mind racing? Sheath, dart -- did he immediately know what they must have found? And likely where? Or did they provide the location, and from that, he built his story? Because it doesn't make much sense. His story doesn't but I mean the breezeway doesn't. The sheath wasn't near the breezeway because it started there. It was moved to there. Either contained in the bundle of sheets or having dislodged from his shorts pockets, both sources originating elsewhere.

For my mind's eye, I wish I could create the reel. Was he using a weapon capable of firing a dart? Did he do it by hand? Did he do it by hand because that was the plan? Did he do it by hand because the gun plan failed? Whatever came of the gun case beneath the bed? Was that ever matched to a seized weapon? Did the unspent round, recovered bedside, correspond to that weapon? (Did the bullet recovered from the gravesite correspond to either?) Did Barry inject more than one dart? On which side of the bedroom door? Did he miss with any? (Like fired into a closet doorframe causing BAM to leak.)

And was BAM ultimately fatal or just an extreme sedative and murder followed? I suspect that latter for two reasons -- those gouges on his arms which I believe 100% to be telltale fingernail digs and the wording in the autopsy -- homicide in the setting of BAM.

I wonder at what point Barry learned it was the syringe cap and that it was found in the dryer, rendering his antler story especially ridiculous. Picture Barry standing in the breezeway two weeks prior to Suzanne's murder, aiming his tranq gun at a deer (without antlers!). How and when would that cause a sheath to land in -- what? -- a dryer that just happens to be open? And no one ever sees it there? Yeah, didn't happen.

It's really something that he ever thought anyone -- especially JonnyGrusing -- was believing him.

85 chipmunks.

JMO
IIRC, BM placed SM outside sunbathing during his first trip home AND also after his blade change-- when SA Grusing told him he reached the patio from his truck in seconds!

We know BM did not see/visit with SM while sunbathing on his first trip (and when he did NOT have veggie soup) because he was in the woods. BM's recollection here was trying to match the evidence (having seen SM's POL photo to JL).

I'm not sure BM would have ever offered the 'shoot from the breezeway' had SA Grusing not asked him if he ever fired a gun from inside the house (i.e., at chipmunks, deer, or whatever). I think BM's consciousness of guilt steered the comment that LE would likely find darts all over his property while excusing his silence on the subject because he feared DNR. JMO

Wow. Zoopharm, the manufacturer of "BAM" ....
From the AA, pages 119, 123:
View attachment 502885....
snipped for focus @Seattle1
Thank you so much your posts like this, w pdf/image (terminology?) making for especially easier UNDERSTANDING by your yellow highlights supporting your line of thinking in post.

And thanks to the other sleuthers doing this.

Signed,
<modsnip - a very off topic signature that made the thread go pretty off topic :D>

Last edited by a moderator:

But he was a suspect and he was arrested and brought to court. So at some point in time he was not only a POI, but a criminal defendant. The case was dismissed without prejudice (meaning it can be refiled).

Was there actually a retraction of the fact that Barry was arrested and clearly the only arrested suspect in this case?

The State reserved its right to file against him, again. To me, that makes him at least a POI.

IMO.

But he was a suspect and he was arrested and brought to court. So at some point in time he was not only a POI, but a criminal defendant. The case was dismissed without prejudice (meaning it can be refiled).

Was there actually a retraction of the fact that Barry was arrested and clearly the only arrested suspect in this case?

The State reserved its right to file against him, again. To me, that makes him at least a POI.

IMO.
Oh I think he is a person of interest but probably not necessary to be a public announcement… especially in light of the still ongoing civil case. I think everything the state does will be by the book this time. Personally I doubt money is being expended 4 years after Suzanne’s death to “tail” him but I assume it’s generally known where he spends time. I think there is nothing to gain in year 4 to be expending time, money and energy surveilling him. If they arrest him we will find out.

IMO.
I imagine there was renewed zest in the investigation when Suzanne's remains were found and much disappointment in the dismissal of charges (without prejudice) at the time, but I'm certain the sheriff's position has been steadfast.

He said this back then, that he is

"'disappointed in the delay' but remains committed to the investigation and the ultimate prosecution of Barry Morphew".

With all the parlance, I'm sure, of presumed innocent until...

But Suspect #1. On a really short list. And by 'short list', I mean he is the list.

Barry did such a thorough job of poor planning and worse staging that all arrows point in only one direction. If arrows were chipmunks, all 85 would point their noses at him and encircle him.

JMO

85 chipmunks.

JMO
bbm= interesting!
Next idea: Imagine, he shot SM and afterwards she barricaded herself in the MBR. He had to give her the reverse drug (because she shouldn't die "too soon", but he wasn't able to reach her. Had to pry the door open immediately. - Speculation and MOO.

snipped for focus @Seattle1
Thank you so much your posts like this, w pdf/image (terminology?) making for especially easier UNDERSTANDING by your yellow highlights supporting your line of thinking in post.

And thanks to the other sleuthers doing this.

Signed,
A poster who recalls taking a 1970s college computer class involving decks of punched cards. :) N/K. No fond memories.
FYI: sleuthers not born in pre-historic times ;)
Right with you al66pine…… Fortran 77. Oh yes, and those punchings were the best confetti. Permanent it seemed. Couldn’t be cleaned up with an elephant! And the only thing worse than it, was dropping your stack of punched cards while loading them in. But all fond memories here…..

And hear hear on Seattle1! I was thinking similar too earlier…… they need to be part of the prosecution team when the time comes. ;) Sitting right with the team….. (Or for those that followed the Michelle Troconis trial in CT, maybe Seattle1 could be present in court with their monitor pointing towards the prosecution (or gallery) with the most relevant item on display in 48 font, on the monitor. JK!) But seriously, and to all…… thx! SH. MOO

Oh I think he is a person of interest but probably not necessary to be a public announcement… especially in light of the still ongoing civil case. I think everything the state does will be by the book this time. Personally I doubt money is being expended 4 years after Suzanne’s death to “tail” him but I assume it’s generally known where he spends time. I think there is nothing to gain in year 4 to be expending time, money and energy surveilling him. If they arrest him we will find out.
I fear, he is capable of buying a new passport.

BM. Not a suspect? Or PoI? Not Arrested?

MSM could easily clarify ^ w a qualifying phrase, like ---
"... Not a suspect or POI, NAMED by LE SINCE the recovery, ID, & autopsy of her remains."
imo

IMO.

Was, is not currently

IMO.
BM is the only suspect no matter how they want to spin it!

IMO, this all goes back to IE spinning that that the case against BM was dismissed for a lack of evidence versus not being able to explain the evidence! :rolleyes:

The most dangerous time for a woman living with abuse is the ending of the relationship, a well documented fact and I have personal experience of it, leaving without clothes money or a plan.. just driving..
It's nothing short of a miracle that anybody escapes. looking back I put it down to the grace of God.. It took me such a long long time to do it, in the end it was just an impulse.
The best advice I ever got afterwards was 3 words.
'Don't look back'

yep. Suzanne probably assumed he'd be mature and handle it like an adult as most women do when breaking up. :(

The most dangerous time for a woman living with abuse is the ending of the relationship, a well documented fact and I have personal experience of it, leaving without clothes money or a plan.. just driving..
It's nothing short of a miracle that anybody escapes. looking back I put it down to the grace of God.. It took me such a long long time to do it, in the end it was just an impulse.
The best advice I ever got afterwards was 3 words.
'Don't look back'

RBBM

I'm glad you escaped, @kittythehare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads