CO - Two University of Colorado-CS students shot to death in dorm room, homicide suspected - Colorado Springs, 17 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Two people were found dead with gunshot wounds inside a dorm on the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs campus on Friday. The bodies were discovered by police just after 6 a.m. Classes were canceled for the day and lockdown and shelter-in-place orders that were put in place on the campus immediately afterwards were lifted.

Colorado Springs Police Department said a homicide investigation is underway, and that it is being investigated as an isolated incident. CSPD said in a tweet that they "don't believe there is an ongoing threat to the community."

In an update posted on social media Friday evening, police said "this incident does not appear to be a murder-suicide and both deaths are being investigated as homicides."

The two deaths do not appear to be a murder-suicide, two homicides in a dorm room and they don't think it's an ongoing threat!? What kind of logic is that? If they think the murderer is someone who resides in the dorms, that's an ongoing threat in the dorm. If they think the murderer came into the dorm from the community, that's an ongoing threat in the community. If my kid was going there that college would be answering a lot of questions right now. AJMO

The two deaths do not appear to be a murder-suicide, two homicides in a dorm room and they don't think it's an ongoing threat!? What kind of logic is that? If they think the murderer is someone who resides in the dorms, that's an ongoing threat in the dorm. If they think the murderer came into the dorm from the community, that's an ongoing threat in the community. If my kid was going there that college would be answering a lot of questions right now. AJMO

I expect LE thinks the killings were specifically targeted for some reason. So for that reason, no one else would be in danger. But I still wouldn’t be comfortable with the situation as a student or a parent.

JMO

I expect LE thinks the killings were specifically targeted for some reason. So for that reason, no one else would be in danger. But I still wouldn’t be comfortable with the situation as a student or a parent.

JMO
I find it odd that the call came in for shots being fired at 6 am and the victims are still being called "two people". So were they students or not? Do they not know yet?

That’s what was said in Idaho after the 4 students were murdered there in November 2022. And that was not right!

IMO I'd be extremely shocked if this wasn't targeted. The murderer went to a specific room on a specific floor in a specific dorm where both victims happened to be and then seemingly left after the murders.

Still I do have a lot of unanswered questions such as:
Does LE think the killer walked out of the building or exited through a window/fire escape?
Was the door to the dorm forced open?
Who all can access the building without being let in by someone? (Some doors are programmed so only students who live there can enter, others are open all students/faculty)
Are there cameras in the hallways/stairwells/entryways?

IMO I'd be extremely shocked if this wasn't targeted. The murderer went to a specific room on a specific floor in a specific dorm where both victims happened to be and then seemingly left after the murders.

Still I do have a lot of unanswered questions such as:
Does LE think the killer walked out of the building or exited through a window/fire escape?
Was the door to the dorm forced open?
Who all can access the building without being let in by someone? (Some doors are programmed so only students who live there can enter, others are open all students/faculty)
Are there cameras in the hallways/stairwells/entryways?
Did anyone hear the gunshots?
If not, why not?

Samuel Knopp, 24, was described as a student at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs; Celie Rain Montgomery, 26, was not a student, authorities said.

Law enforcement officials have stressed that the double killing was “an isolated incident between parties that were known to one another,” and that there is no immediate threat to the community. Police have not released any details about potential suspects, citing the “active and fluid nature” of the case.

*ETA - IMO it’s not clear if the above meant the victims knew one another, or the shooter knew the victims…

Last edited:
her FB:

his FB:

Sincere condolences to their families. This is so tragic.

It sounds like they may have been targeted by someone -- speculation. I hope there is an arrest soon, because the murderer is obviously still a threat to others.

“Investigative efforts so far continue to indicate this is an isolated incident between parties that were known to one another and not a random attack against the school or other students at the university,” the statement continued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back