CO - Young girl found alone after Denver fireworks show, 3 July 2015

Denver Police Dept on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/denverpoli...2779251380/703369663101353/?type=1&permPage=1

Denver Police Department ALERT: We are happy to report that this little girl's mother has been located out of state. It was learned that she was left in the care of her grandmother. It remains under investigation why the child was not reported missing. She will remain in the care of Denver Human Services. Thank you all for your help in this matter!

Not sure which one of you or more than one called it but I know someone mentioned grandparents and them not wanting to admit they lost a kid. SO happy she is identified.

I see so many comments saying grandma had a stroke or dementia. Yes, that is possible, but why are people assuming that the grandmother of a preschooler is in her 70's or older?
I AGREE lol i have 4 and oldest going into 4th grade, youngest be 3 in Jan. I no where near 70 ;) And on age/size, my just turned 6 yr old is same size a my 3 yr who will be 4 in Sept. One smaller and one is larger for their age lol

Denver Police Dept on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/denverpoli...2779251380/703369663101353/?type=1&permPage=1

Denver Police Department ALERT: We are happy to report that this little girl's mother has been located out of state. It was learned that she was left in the care of her grandmother. It remains under investigation why the child was not reported missing. She will remain in the care of Denver Human Services. Thank you all for your help in this matter!

I'm wondering about the story the witness told LE about her sitting near them the night before. Didn't she say she was with her mother and father and that the father was selling trinkets? She even had pictures of her. HMMMMM......I wonder if she was actually with Grandma and Grandpa?

I'm wondering about the story the witness told LE about her sitting near them the night before. Didn't she say she was with her mother and father and that the father was selling trinkets? She even had pictures of her. HMMMMM......I wonder if she was actually with Grandma and Grandpa?

I actually believe that lady. I think thats how she was placed. I think she said "man and woman", but if she did say mom and dad, she might have assumed. The man was reportedly selling the blow up trinket stuff as a vendor.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28432385/denver-police-seek-toddlers-family-after-fireworks-show
The child's mother, who was not named, was at the show and left the child with the grandmother, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said.

"We're not sure why the grandmother left the child alone and didn't report it," Jackson said Saturday night. "We're investigating that now."

The grandmother also was not named.
Wondering if mama may have taken off to meet someone and gm didnt even realize she had left the girl with her.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28432385/denver-police-seek-toddlers-family-after-fireworks-show
The child's mother, who was not named, was at the show and left the child with the grandmother, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said.

"We're not sure why the grandmother left the child alone and didn't report it," Jackson said Saturday night. "We're investigating that now."

Wondering if mama may have taken off to meet someone and gm didnt even realize she had left the girl with her. Also wonder if mom is a young mother. Also wonder if mom got busted and blamed gm?

Wondering if mama may have taken off to meet someone and gm didnt even realize she had left the girl with her.

BBM: I imagine that is a possibility. I hope LE and CPS isn't hasty in returning the little one to her home. There really should be a thorough investigation to make sure she, and any other little ones, are safe in their home.

I wonder if the grandparents went home & went to bed because it was their regular routine, although how you can miss a kid sitting there in her stroller while you`re packing up is bizarre

hope we hear more about this and THANK GOODNESS this little sweetie was unharmed

The story is odd. They said the mother was located out of state. The nearest state to Colorado is Wyoming is 1.5 hours away. I don't think anyone would drive that far for fireworks. Does GMA live in Colorado, the daughter lives in another state, daughter visits her mother for 4th of July, and then leaves her daughter w/ her mother? Or maybe the little girl lives with the grandma? IDK...It just feels weird that their "goodbyes" (if it happened this way) got so convulted.

Daughter: "okay, mom, i'm going back to [my home state]...i'll pick my kid up in a week or two. have fun at grandma's!
*hug and kiss*
sooo how did they lose the kid??

I say somethings not right about this story. I hope they do a followup on this. I get the feeling gm didnt know the child was missing.

My gut tells me there is more to this story and gm may not be at fault.
I can see a situation in which the mother started to leave and the little girl followed her; then, when the mother noticed the girl following her, told her to stay with gma; at which point the little girl started back, after maybe lingering a while, but couldn't find her family in the crowd. In that case, I could understand the gma thinking the girl was with Mom, if the girl had stated she wanted to go with Mom and gma saw her leaving with Mom.

But, where did Mom go and why wasn't she in communication with gma for so long? I do hope this is thoroughly investigated but hope it was all an honest mistake.

Also fireworks are loud. If mom said Im leaving her with you, gm may not have heard her.Some reports say she was wandering around so she may have started after mom.I guess I cant imagine a gm would leave a child and not report her missing. I just dont think gm knew she was supposed to take the child.

The story is odd. They said the mother was located out of state. The nearest state to Colorado is Wyoming is 1.5 hours away. I don't think anyone would drive that far for fireworks. Does GMA live in Colorado, the daughter lives in another state, daughter visits her mother for 4th of July, and then leaves her daughter w/ her mother? Or maybe the little girl lives with the grandma? IDK...It just feels weird that their "goodbyes" (if it happened this way) got so convulted.

Daughter: "okay, mom, i'm going back to [my home state]...i'll pick my kid up in a week or two. have fun at grandma's!
*hug and kiss*
sooo how did they lose the kid??
My thoughts have gone to the possibility Mom went to visit a boyfriend out of state. But, I don't know the family dynamics. Maybe she was going on a short trip/camping with some friends and the little girl was begging Mom to let her go along. If Mom was going somewhere remote where there's no cell service, that would explain why she wasn't in communication with gma. MOO

So glad the little girl is safe. Wandering alone in a crowd like that, it would be so easy for someone to take off with her.

My thoughts have gone to the possibility Mom went to visit a boyfriend out of state. But, I don't know the family dynamics. Maybe she was going on a short trip/camping with some friends and the little girl was begging Mom to let her go along. If Mom was going somewhere remote where there's no cell service, that would explain why she wasn't in communication with gma. MOO

So glad the little girl is safe. Wandering alone in a crowd like that, it would be so easy for someone to take off with her.

I think she would be at a much higher risk of getting hit by a car, dying of exposure (if the temperature dropped low enough), or falling into a water body and drowning. I believe the % of people who are lurking around to abduct a random child is miniscle.

i have no bio grand kids but my husband has a 10 year old grand son and he is 46 lol.

his oldest son is 27. kid was born when his son was 17. husband was 19 when son was born.

I AGREE lol i have 4 and oldest going into 4th grade, youngest be 3 in Jan. I no where near 70 ;) And on age/size, my just turned 6 yr old is same size a my 3 yr who will be 4 in Sept. One smaller and one is larger for their age lol

My gut tells me there is more to this story and gm may not be at fault.

It sounds like the mother was used to just taking off and grandma left to care for little girl. My guess is grandma did not know mom took off leaving the little girl with her. I know young girls who expect their parents to take care of their grand kids with kids having no responsibility for their little ones. Maybe grandma typically watched the little girl and since mommy was at fireworks thought mommy was taking care of her own child. Mommy took off and Grandma went home each thinking the other had the little girl. Mommy not such a good mommy IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back