Condolences for the Shunick Family

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHifEY9_NWs&feature=plcp"]RIP Mickey Shunick - YouTube[/ame]

Luv it! Amazing tribute!.. Thanx for sharing Mescheresamis...

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette remembers one of our own, Mickey Shunick, and her heroic courage and strength with scenes from events surrounding "Celebrate Mickey" day in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana on Saturday, September 29th.

Lyrics snipped from Elton John's song 'Candle in the wind'..

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did...

Mickey Shunick, had a vision for her life, of her purpose. The Mighty Mick, found her life's purpose..
http://www.elyrics.net/read/i/iron-m...st-lyrics.html

The Alchemist lyrics

Stranger than the comet as it streaks across the sky
Stranger than the truth I know before my open eyes
I have dealt in mysteries and trickery, of light to entertain
Looked into the abyss, called it by its name..

read more-

I was able to attend the memorial and dedication of the "pocket park" at ULL this past weekend, and I had the pleasure to meet a couple of WS posters as well. Thanks again for all your effort and concern. For those who knew Mickey, she was a joy, for those who didn't, take my word for it, she was a genuine, vivacious human being, not because she was kin, it's just the way she was. The response of the Lafayette community was something I have never seen before, and don't expect to see again. Besides putting a serial killer out of circulation (if she had not fought like she did, I think he would never have been caught), she also brought together a group of people in a way that I never would have thought possible. But life goes on. We remember, we count our blessings, and we try to make our future better than our past. I hope you all find some meaning in this tragedy, and use it to make your own relationships that much better, and to see, as Mickey did, what is important, and what is not. With much love and affection, John Rowe

I was able to attend the memorial and dedication of the "pocket park" at ULL this past weekend, and I had the pleasure to meet a couple of WS posters as well. Thanks again for all your effort and concern. For those who knew Mickey, she was a joy, for those who didn't, take my word for it, she was a genuine, vivacious human being, not because she was kin, it's just the way she was. The response of the Lafayette community was something I have never seen before, and don't expect to see again. Besides putting a serial killer out of circulation (if she had not fought like she did, I think he would never have been caught), she also brought together a group of people in a way that I never would have thought possible. But life goes on. We remember, we count our blessings, and we try to make our future better than our past. I hope you all find some meaning in this tragedy, and use it to make your own relationships that much better, and to see, as Mickey did, what is important, and what is not. With much love and affection, John Rowe

Mr. Rowe...Mr. towerguy,
It has been, and always will be, an honor to have known Ms. Mickey Shunick... if only since May 19, 2012. To have known her in thought, and prayer. To have followed her mystery, then demise. Her heroic legacy is embedded in many, many hearts. How blessed are YOU, and those SHE loved, to have known, and loved HER!

Thank you, John.

You have hit upon the salient point - that this has affected everyone in a different way, but that now what remains is to see how we react to the outpouring of love and concern for someone that some of us barely knew, if at all. How do we reexamine our relationships, seeing as our natural mindset leans toward people always being there, and there always being another chance... always another later.... to get things right whenever short-term or petty difficulties have occluded our relationships with our loved ones.

I am probably not alone in having some valued relationships in my life that are damaged or in eclipse, due to my inability or unwillingness to focus in and confront the various problems that can make love for family and friends colder than it should be. Some of these relationships may be ailing due to the other person's action. Are we nursing our own hurt and pride instead of going to the other with a simple heart and trying to make it right?

When I think of one of Mickey's favorite songs, The Beatles' "All You Need Is Love," I recall the Bible verse:

Matthew 5:23-24
New American Standard Bible

“Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering."

How can we go to God with clean hearts when we avoid mending our own relationships?

I will not nominate Mickey for sainthood or hagiography. These are easy simplicities. What I will do is look at how this young woman lived such a life that, in her absence, those who knew her moved heaven and earth to find her because they missed her so badly and loved her so much.

She must have done some big things right. And if she loved a song so much that proclaims the simple message that "love is all you need," I will listen to her voice, and remember.

Renewed blessings to you and yours....

I just kicked the feet up...heard the boom of fireworks, above the melody of Elvis singing Christmas on my 'radio'. Ms. Mickey popped into thought (as she often does!)...and I was just hoping to wish a very Merry Christmas to all her loved ones...and to all you guys who have been touched by Mighty Mick as deeply as I, and my heart.

Merry Christmas to all. May peace fill your hearts, and the light of Ms. Mickey shine forward...allowing avenues of comfort and restitution to us all. There is more GOOD in this world, than BAD. For sure!

via FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW Facebook-

Hey guys, Dateline NBC has been working very hard on this show for quite a few months now. It will be covering everything about Mickey's life as well as the entire search effort to bring her home. This is just a sneak peak of the special but if you are interested it will be on Tuesday night (January 29th) at 9:00pm cst.
"Please Share" & watch...

http://107jamz.com/mickey-shunick-case-featured-on-nbcs-dateline-tuesday-jan-29th-video/

I pondered posting these thoughts, (which quite possibly are better left in my head), but, the almighty BUT...
I took my 10 year old grandson to see Maroon5 at the Jazz Fest this past weekend in New Orleans. Granted, I was ecstatic as he, poss more! We people-watched. Each and every face unique and special in the Good Lord's way. Life lessons taught and learned in simple moments with a child. This particular one pertains to Ms. Mickey.

Levine (what a cutie!) over...we were knee- deep in mud, exhausted, yet still pumped from the performance...
A young fella approached me for a light. He was attired in a pastel pink skirt, with painted fingernails to match, and a five-o'clock shadow.
"Sure. Where you from?" I ask everybody that.
He smiled as I reached for it within my bra.
"New Orleans. And you?"
"Lafayette."
"Oh, that girl. That girl..."
"Mickey Shunick?" (Me, like a mind reader!)
"Yes. Oh, how I thought and prayed for that girl. Lemme tell you of the spiritual impact she had upon me."

Ms. Mickey's legacy remains monumental. In all walks of life. Some can't remember her name...others think of it daily...yet, we are equal in knowing of her. The Mighty Mick.

I'd just like her family to know that.

Hello Websleuth family! It has been just a little over a year since Mickey was murdered, and a day less since her birthday. My own life has been filled with a great deal of change, both painful and fulfilling, in the last year, I hope that all of you have moved closer to where you want to be. I am forever indebted to you for your efforts and concern in the search for Mickey, and I just want you to know that even though this journey ended tragically, the search for truth is never effort wasted, and I am proud to have been able to share a bit of this life with all of you. Rock on! John Rowe

I have been reading some of these pages again, after a long time, with tears in my eyes. My dad passed away last summer and I have been trying to help Mom as best I could and she was in Lafayette Thursday, visiting from California. Driving eastward down Johnston St., without explanation I took the left on Coliseum (Pvt) and the right on St. Landry (Extension). Aspects of Mickey's bike sparkled under the lowering sky, draped in beads and looking gay despite the dun of winter. I stopped for a bit and remembered the Mighty Mick to my mother. During our travels around the university, we saw several new bike paths and I talked again of Mickey.

Every spring that approaches, I think of the butterflies and the love of the people who dropped everything to find a unique daughter of the community.

RIP, Michaela.....you unforgettable dervish-sprite of a girl. The love you engendered shall live on and on in reflections and echoes farther than we can see....

Reflecting tonight on those awful events of three years ago. Mickey and her family remain always in my thoughts and prayers.

W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg

Lyrics snipped from Elton John's song 'Candle in the wind'..

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did...

Elton John he is really great musician, I love his music. Candle in The Wind great memories of this song.

I can't believe it's been 5 years. It feels fresh and like eternity also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back