Condolences for the Shunick Family

this is a quote about a photo in the last thread... those that know me know that i will jump in to say what is... or is not in a pic...
i was not going to say anything but my four year old daughter (looking over my shoulder) asked me something about the pic and thought i would share it...

once, a while back, my daughter came dancing and spinning into the livingroom dressed in pink princess feathers and butterfly wings and said "look dad, i'm an angel" and then asked me if angels live in heaven...

not big on the literal translation, i said, no baby, i don't think so... angels are all around us... angels are what help us stop for a second and see beauty in things we might have missed... an angel might look like a little flower growing on a sidewalk, or a big huge elephant in the clouds. an angel might be a little butterfly that lands on your arm and helps you forget that you were mad a second ago because your brother pulled your hair. angels help you smile when you think you have no reason to smile... angels are everywhere, but some big people can't see them...

this morning she looked over my shoulder at a picture of trees on my screen and said...
"is that an angel?"...

i believe it is baby, i believe that is exactly what that is...

Shunick Family, Mickey's friends and Search\Headquarter Volunteers

We were introduced to Mickey at the beginning of this ordeal when it was asked of the Lafayette community to help locate her. Word was quickly spread around the city, local communities, the state and the world. During the following weeks people got to see through photos and short video clips the vibrant beautiful soul that was Mickey Shunick. Thank you for sharing her with us. It was amazing to see your grace and class as you led this community in search of your beloved Mickey. I hope you can take comfort in knowing the invisible arms of the people of Cajun Country, the Websleuth community and many people around the world are around you during your time of loss. :rose: :rose:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LNciQaabw"]La Grâce du Ciel - YouTube[/ame]

My deepest sympathies to the Shunick family and friends. It just isn't fair. She was a beautiful girl who was going places in life. No one had the right to take that away from her. She has touched so many people. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!

One can't help but feel a sense of sadness with the discovery of Mickey. Her spirit is clearly everywhere within this heartbroken community. This is, undoubtedly, the most attached I've ever been to a case and the result is one I knew from the beginning.

To the Shunick family, I'm sorry that we couldn't have the result we wanted. Your daughter is still alive everywhere. While the signs will soon be taken down and the community will return to "normalcy", know that Mickey will never be forgotten. Mickey will always be a light in this community and as long as the light doesn't go out, she will never be gone.

I thank you for the opportunity of knowing her, even if it was through word of mouth and friends.

Thank you to the people of Louisiana and the entire nation for looking for Mickey.

Thank you to my fellow sleuthers for making sure the case never went cold, at least online.

Thank you to all of the police agencies involved in locating her and spending time away from your own family to complete another.

And thank you, Mickey, for being that light. Rest well, sweet angel.

In response to some users saying they are now leaving because Mickey was finally found (Although it wasn't the outcome they wanted) please don't. Not yet.

Although finding Mickey was the original purpose, the Shunick teams new motto is "Justice For Mickey". We all need to work together and make sure that every horrific and heinous detail of Brandon Lavergne's crimes are brought to the surface. As hard as they will to hear and take in, these details alone can achieve the goal Mickey and BSL's other victims need; To put BSL away for life and give him the harshest punishment there is.

To some, that could mean the death penalty. A life for a life.
For others, "harsh" may mean him sitting in a cell in isolation for the rest of his life, and then finally dying alone.

Either way, either would serve as some sort of justice for these girls.
Lisa Pate had those who wanted justice for her, but sadly, they weren't able to put BSL behind bars, which is what would have prevented many more murders, including Mickey.

We can't give up on this case yet.
Yes, we achieved the ultimate goal of bringing Mickey home, even though it wasn't the way we wanted... But we also have to remember to bring her justice, as well as any other victim, and do what they cannot.

We have to be the voice for them that BSL has silenced in a disgusting way.

I believe Mickey is watching over all of us, and urging us to get her justice.
Mickey did not die in vain.

She brought to light the true character of Brandon Lavergne, and the light to his past, present, and hopefully we can bring to light what his FUTURE should be.

I don't believe everything happens for a reason, like most. Because for this or Lisa Pate, I don't believe that there was reasoning behind that occurring. Things just happen, and there isn't always a reason. But, I will say that I am so grateful that since Mickey had to be a victim, she had a loving family and loads of friends who never gave up on her, as well as emotionally connected strangers like us here at Websleuths. Had it been someone that was abducted that God forbid, did NOT have a loving family or group of friends, their murder may have gone unnoticed and BSL would still be roaming the streets, looking for prey, for whoever knows how many years.

Mickey is our guiding light. We will always think back to her.
She has made me want to further pursue criminal investigation, and hopefully bring people like this home BEFORE anyone is able to take their life.

She is the one person we will all think back to, despite the many cases we have encountered.
I can't speak for everyone, but she will be someone that will forever often cross my mind, like the loss of an old friend would. We all feel like a slight piece of us has dissapeared because of this loss. The Shunick family said they have lost themselves over this...

Well, let's put them back together, and be the justice they all truly deserve.
Let's make sure BSL is never able to do this again, and all of the details are brought out even if they are hard to hear.

Mickey's angelic presence is what will be guiding us to all of it...
JUSTICE FOR MICKEY!!!

Rest in peace Mickey Shunick.
We are all so glad you finally made your way home.

fy3g20.jpg

Wow Ocean.... you moved my soul. Thank you for that post.

Charlene Shunick's Statement:

"Wherever Mickey is, just know she feels all of the positive energy and love that the entire country has been giving her since May 19th. Thank you everyone for your support and it is because of every single one of you that we brought Mickey home. I love Mickey and I will miss her every single day for the rest of my life. From now on, everything I do is for my kid sister and will always be for her. ♥"

Sending many many prayers to Mickey's family and friends. She has touched my heart in so many ways. Praying Mickeys family gets closure 0:)

Charlene Shunick's Statement:

"Wherever Mickey is, just know she feels all of the positive energy and love that the entire country has been giving her since May 19th. Thank you everyone for your support and it is because of every single one of you that we brought Mickey home. I love Mickey and I will miss her every single day for the rest of my life. From now on, everything I do is for my kid sister and will always be for her. ♥"

Throughout the case, I think Charlie did an incredible job being the public face of the family. She did radio interviews - TV interviews - put out messages of hope - messages to calm down.....

Sure there were a couple uncomfortable moments, especially surrounding A.C.I's generous, dedicated attempt to help. But I know for certain that I, and probably most of us, could not have done better, or even as well, were we in her shoes. I don't think I would have managed to have shown the grace that she has shown. Even her early calls to have kind thoughts about BSL's family, showed a maturity and a depth of character that provided comfort to many.

When I made her acquaintance a few years ago, she did seem to have what some call an "old soul" and, even then, glimmers of the character she was later to show during this crucible made me glad of our acquaintance. Now I pray that she will find her way forward, and have all the help she needs as the feelings she so bravely kept under control, as well as she did, finally work their way out, as they will.

The family's statement yesterday was positive and graceful, and showed courage that not everyone could maintain. God bless them all. I hope that they will stay in town, as hard as that may be at times, due to the memories, and let their friends and family be there for them as they find a way forward with the blessings that they still have, and hopefully with the ones to come.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRB0enqRhzg"]Five Star Iris - Is There Something I Can Do - YouTube[/ame]

Whoever made the claim that words could ease the pain
Never watched your tears fill up an ocean
Never saw your face, the moment you found out
That you'd have to live without, until heaven

Is there somethin' I can do other than being here for you to ease the pain
If I can keep you from fallin', fallin' down'
I'm sorry to sound selfish but I feel so helpless
Is it okay if I stay here with you and cry for awhile

Whoever made the claim that words could ease the pain
Never watched you fall apart, never put you back together
When you were broken down, into a million pieces
Scattered on the ground

Is there somethin' I can do
What can I say, what can I do

Music and Lyrics by Alan Schaefer and Dexter Green

I for one will be here to see justice.....for however long it takes!!!!!!

I felt an angel near today, though one I could not see
I felt an angel oh so close, sent to comfort me
I felt an angel's kiss, soft upon my cheek
And oh, without a single word of caring did it speak
I felt an angel's loving touch, soft upon my heart
And with that touch, I felt the pain and hurt within depart
I felt an angel's tepid tears, fall softly next to mine
And knew that as those tears did dry a new day would be mine
I felt an angel's silken wings enfold me with pure love
And felt a strength within me grow, a strength sent from above
I felt an angel oh so close, though one I could not see
I felt an angel near today, sent to comfort me.

To the Shunick Family...

I know that at a time such as this, there are no words that I can offer to take away the pain that you are feeling. Just know that many thousands of people all over the country and beyond are, in at least some small measure, sharing your grief, and are lifting your family up in prayer. May you take some comfort in the knowledge that physical death is not the end, and you will be reunited with your precious Mickey one day. Until that day, I pray God will grant you strength, and peace be with you.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were only one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always. But I have noticed
that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

Mary Stevenson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLkbBEfjcc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLkbBEfjcc[/ame]

Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFlVEWaSAw&feature=related"]Wolves - YouTube[/ame]

This is my first time posting. I have read threads for quite some. The Shunicks are very gracious people from what I have seen. A family rep called to thank me for items I dropped off during the search..My stomach dropped with the news of Mickey's body found. I do believe God has a plan for all of us though we may not understand at this time. I keep thinking of John Walsh who hosts America's Most Wanted when his son Adam was murdered and now how many people John Walsh has helped to bring to justice. Beth Holloway Twitty whose daughter was missing during a Senior Trip -Beth now holds speaking engagement for awareness traveling in and out of the country. Mickey's family will no doubt find their calling during this tragedy..I will say a rosary tonight to help them through their grief. Their closure will be drawn out do to the circumstances..What a strong and loving family..RIP Mickey you touched my life even though I never knew you..

Charlie has posted on her FB page that they would prefer donations to the Animal humane society, ARF, TES, other animal rescue groups, Laura Recovery Center etc...rather than anything sent to the family, just FWI if anyone was going to do anything. Just an FYI.

ETA: I am only posting this because I know some people cannot read FB (hers is not private). Remove if not appropriate, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back