CONN: Plane Crash: Pilot reports it was not an accident - FBI probe underway

BBM I agree. Why kill your flight instructor in order to commit suicide?
It seems popular these days for someone who is suicidal to take someone else with them. :dunno:

In this case, sounds like the student was frustrated with his performance and angry at the instructor.

The above news report is still live and we can hear them talking. One man said the pilot did not jump out of the moving plane, he was able to get out of the burning plane as it slowed down. Truly sounds like we may have many speculations right here at first.it will be interesting to see what the details are.
Just trying to get caught up , I agree, I think they got the jumping out of the plane wrong that is just a visualization aint it?
The whole story seems to me to be lacking in facts! Everything I have read so far is totally contradictory.
That is exactly how I felt this AM - they are saying just stupid stuff. My first thought when I saw the comment that the pilot said it was on purpose, so soon , was to verify what webpage I was on! I knew I did not type in conspicacy on Google!!! Practice is suppossed to make things better (shame it has not worked on my typing/spelling!) but the reporters on this one are all over the place.
Just realized this happened yesterday afternoon 5:00 or so. Amazing we are just hearing about it this morning.
We have Bluesneakers to thank! She Pmed me ! TY Blue!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/1...-connecticut-plane-crash-was-intentional.htmlThis scares me because my 18 year old is in a flight school now in NC. If this is intentional, or caused by the deceased who was here on a flight school visa, I will want to know how those can be better vetted. My son has several in his school here from other countries from the Middle East on such visas. I'm a wife of a commercial pilot too, and normally don't get worried much about aircraft terrorism. I am concerned a little because he's my baby boy, and as if him being away at school flying isn't enough to worry about. Right now, I need more facts.
What type does he fly? Does he like the machine? I will be pestering you now that I know you have a pro around!!!!!Oh no just saw this investigation concluded the crash was intentional."Thats messed up
It sounds like the mark was missed by dint of the poles and good luck, not to mention the mother and daughter in the van, but who knows yet? Can the pilot be trusted and more than that, the other students who have been reported in MSM not to have been seen again, or whatever else, seems real early in the investigation. For example, the river was so near and would have been a good place to try to ditch, if the non suicidal one had been able to gain control, but to gain control just enough to hit the poles and not the building doesn't seem as credible, to me, just yet. The engine was heard by a witness to have gone off, so who turned it off at that point and did the pilot have enough control at that point to hit the poles instead of the building?
Iimo
Im not yet convinced this was not an attempted terrorism that got foiled by the one who was fighting the other. Whatever it was I think the non-violent one did a great job preventing more damage and maybe even more deaths from happening. These flight schools need to do a much better job of vetting who signs up for training. Just because they make money from people wanting to learn to fly doesnt mean they should accept the student. Lots of questions still for me and I dont buy suicide at all. That is BS. Murder maybe but not suicide IMO

BBM I agree. Why kill your flight instructor in order to commit suicide?
Not caught up but I am still pondering if something was abaord - small planes dont really typically (I am sure it has happened but)fall apart in air. I suppose in the ruckus they could have overstressed parts of the plane

Im not yet convinced this was not an attempted terrorism that got foiled by the one who was fighting the other.

Whatever it was I think the non-violent one did a great job preventing more damage and maybe even more deaths from happening.

These flight schools need to do a much better job of vetting who signs up for training. Just because they make money from people wanting to learn to fly doesnt mean they should accept the student.

Lots of questions still for me and I dont buy suicide at all. That is BS. Murder maybe but not suicide IMO

I don't think it's terrorism, but I know from experience, that when we took our kid for his first flight lessons, the school we started at-located at a municipal airport- did not ask for ID or have us sign anything prior or after the lesson. It's a business, but one would thhink after 911, there would be some kind of safeguards in place.
Last month, I got a request from a stranger who wanted to fly and share fuel costs to get pilot in control time. Because we didn't know him, and worry about things like this happening, we said no. Sadly, we cannot be too careful. This is how the 911 pilots were trained, in our own flight schools. I cannot express how upset it makes me to have to think this way, but it's not like it hasn't happened before.

The instructor goggle images

photo.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
975c861d556686e750e29b821e265e58.jpg
]Prevalla's social media pages indicate he is president of the American Flight Academy and a managing member of the Hartford Jet Center, both based in Hartford. The pages say he originally is from Albania and now lives in Hartford. On LinkedIn, .

...he received a bachelor's degree in Aviation Science from Mountain State University, a now-defunct university in Beckley, West Virginia.Freitekh received a private pilot certificate last year from the Federal Aviation Administration.

They also indicate he lived in the Chicago suburb of Orland Hills since 2013, but authorities there said that there was no record he ever lived in the village but that he received mail there at the home of a friend of his father, who worked for a container company in a nearby town

The crash site is a short distance from the airport, across the Connecticut River and in line with the runway.

https://www.mail.com/news/us/466568...ercation-plane-crash.html#.7518-stage-hero1-1

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/feras...-fbi-terrorism-photos-facebook-pratt-whitney/

feras-freitekh-1.jpg

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/feras...-fbi-terrorism-photos-facebook-pratt-whitney/

[FONT=&amp]In light of that information and in accordance with established procedures the NTSB is in the process of transferring the lead for the investigation from NTSB to the FBI,” the NTSB said in a statement

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Jordan in 2012 on a temporary M-1 visa for flight school,CBS News reports.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]His immigration status was later changed to an F-1 visa and he studied at a language school in Toledo, Ohio, the news network reports, before it eventually went back to an M-1 visa.

CuhAeAGWYAArdvE.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
feras-freitekh-hartford-crash-pilot.jpg

third friend wrote about the crash on his Facebook page, saying, “RIP Bro, we had fun times flying together in flight school, never expected this…Never expected you to die in a plane crash…still cant believe this..you died doing what you loved.”

“He was a good person, kind and helpful. He wasn’t religious at all. He was open-minded,

investigators have also not ruled out that the crash could have been accident, despite the claims from the surviving pilot that it was intentional.

two sets of controls on the plane, but it is not clear who was in control at the time of the crash. Litwin said both men on board the plane would have been able to take control.

Arian Prevalla

President, Connecticut Flight Academy Dba American Flight Academy
Hartford, Connecticut AreaAirlines/Aviation
Current
  1. Hartford Jet Center,
  2. American Flight Academy,
  3. Connecticut Flight Academy
Education
  1. Mountain State University
Websites
  1. Company Website
  2. Company Website

Freitekh's father had no home and lived in the business space in Alsip.

link to Chicago-area

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/feras-freitekh-jordanian-jordan-student-pilot-east-hartford-plane-crash-intentional-fbi-terrorism-photos-facebook-pratt-whitney/

https://www.linkedin.com/start/view-full-profile?_ed=0_a-73kPb5veDfGvQJKLFnHLqu5lvsBFEdsMlSA8iXTgyQNWp6It6iMwbymZ5KOHe9&trk=public_profile_advocate-cta-view-full

Flight manuals seized from East Hartford motel room
By Macy Corica and Bob Wilson reports, WTNH.com

Oct 14 16, 10:40 pm

Mr. Wilson's report goes over the Sept 4th search of a hotel, where according to owner, 'LE found thousands of dollars in cash, multiple ID's laid out on the table, along with flight manuals and a laptop.' Room searched.jpg
He asks whether it could be a coincidence or not that six weeks later, the guy on the plane and the man who was the subject of the Sept 4th search were both from Jordan?
The motel is located right down the street from where the crash happened, 'literary, 100 yards' from the motel, Mr. Wilson points out, you can 'still see the cones'. Screenshot 2016-10-15 at 12.03.10 PM.jpgScreenshot 2016-10-15 at 12.04.11 PM.jpg
He also spoke to a clerk who had some more details: the man was not arrested due to the search, but he did get the cash and stated he was heading home to Jordan. Screenshot 2016-10-15 at 12.04.45 PM.jpg

Friends: Student in East Hartford plane crash was upbeat, happy to be flying
By Dave Collins, Associated Press via New Haven Register

10/14/16, updtd 9 hrs ago

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-in-crash-was-upbeat-happy-to-be-9971779.php
with map graphic

Source: Joint Terrorism Task Force investigated ‘flight attendant’s’ East Hartford motel room
By Samantha Schoenfeld, FOX61
Oct 14 16, 9:38 pm

and almost the same
http://fox61.com/2016/10/14/source-...d-flight-attendants-east-hartford-motel-room/

Terrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel Room
By Len Besthoff and Jill Konopka reports of documents obtain thru FIOA
NBC CT NEWS

Flight manuals seized from East Hartford motel roomBy Macy Corica and Bob Wilson reports, WTNH.com Oct 14 16, 10:40 pmMr. Wilson's report goes over the Sept 4th search of a hotel, where according to owner, 'LE found thousands of dollars in cash, multiple ID's laid out on the table, along with flight manuals and a laptop.' View attachment 103110He asks whether it could be a coincidence or not that six weeks later, the guy on the plane and the man who was the subject of the Sept 4th search were both from Jordan? The motel is located right down the street from where the crash happened, 'literary, 100 yards' from the motel, Mr. Wilson points out, you can 'still see the cones'. View attachment 103107View attachment 103109He also spoke to a clerk who had some more details: the man was not arrested due to the search, but he did get the cash and stated he was heading home to Jordan. View attachment 103106 Friends: Student in East Hartford plane crash was upbeat, happy to be flyingBy Dave Collins, Associated Press via New Haven Register10/14/16, updtd 9 hrs agohttp://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-in-crash-was-upbeat-happy-to-be-9971779.phpwith map graphicSource: Joint Terrorism Task Force investigated ‘flight attendant’s’ East Hartford motel roomBy Samantha Schoenfeld, FOX61Oct 14 16, 9:38 pmand almost the samehttp://fox61.com/2016/10/14/source-...d-flight-attendants-east-hartford-motel-room/Terrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel RoomBy Len Besthoff and Jill Konopka reports of documents obtain thru FIOANBC CT NEWS
Oh no. Contrary to some thoughts I dont always go mental illiness! When credible in your face stuff slaps you, it stings. First thought (TY for info - your posts are always enlightening) Ptatt and Whitney being so close.http://www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com/contract_detail.asp?contract_id=34389Billions.Struck me as he would have had no way of predicting how the insturtors fighting for control of the plane would impact crash point. So close. IMO intneded target. I am familiar with P&W only from the commericial aviation side - huge engine building for comerical aircraft. What do you guys think - a cell - its is so similiar to 911 stuff.

Oh no. Contrary to some thoughts I dont always go mental illiness! When credible in your face stuff slaps you, it stings. First thought (TY for info - your posts are always enlightening) Ptatt and Whitney being so close.http://www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com/contract_detail.asp?contract_id=34389Billions.Struck me as he would have had no way of predicting how the insturtors fighting for control of the plane would impact crash point. So close. IMO intneded target. I am familiar with P&W only from the commericial aviation side - huge engine building for comerical aircraft. What do you guys think - a cell - its is so similiar to 911 stuff.

Who know, CARIIS? What's with the slapping though? Who exactly do you perceived as being slapped? LOL :winko: Thank you, for your kind words and all the information and your great thoughts.

I guess there would be good records of all the student flights for that company and their student pilots going back years? Would that included places they landed and how long they stayed there during student flights or otherwise? I mean, does a manifest in one airport contain the information for another location for where planes of that size may have landed? I'm not sure what I'm asking.

The guy who died, the so-called student had previously earned an FAA private pilot certificate to fly a single engine plane. So, my question is what was the purose of this flight? I haven't seen it mentioned or discussed. Was Freitekh taking lessons on how to fly a twin engine plane? Was this his first lesson? Too much information missing to satisfy me.

Its all very curious.

The guy who died, the so-called student had previously earned an FAA private pilot certificate to fly a single engine plane. So, my question is what was the purose of this flight? I haven't seen it mentioned or discussed. Was Freitekh taking lessons on how to fly a twin engine plane? Was this his first lesson? Too much information missing to satisfy me.

Its all very curious.

Some info, not sourced to LE though.

[...]

Several friends said he was not known to have problems with depression or anger.

They said Freitekh was supposed to take his last flying exam Friday, and he planned to return to Jordan and look for an airline job.

A friend who lives in Jordan,.... said he talked with Freitekh a few days before the crash and Freitekh didn’t say anything about having problems with his training.

“Planes were everything to him,” [he] said. “All he wanted is to get that license. He was always in a good mood. He was a funny guy. I can assure you ... Feras would never hurt anyone.”

A former student described Prevalla, the instructor and president of the flight school, as a confident, reassuring teacher.

[...and]

“I remember saying to myself, ‘What an incredible pilot.’”

[...]

Friends: Student in East Hartford plane crash was upbeat, happy to be flying
By Dave Collins, Associated Press via New Haven Register

10/14/16, updtd 9 hrs ago

Terrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel Room
By Len Besthoff and Jill Konopka reports of documents obtain thru FIOA
NBC CT NEWS
following Ms. Konopka's thorough report, note the end capped below.

Attachments

• Hartford FBI.jpg
    Hartford FBI.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
FindHG: Can't get your attachment to work, but this at the end of the article is curious to me:

"Young kid," the 22-year-old's family friend, Qusai Al-Qadumi, told NBC Connecticut. "He wanted to come here just to visit the states and go around."
"If you heard he had a bunch of ID's or anything, don't believe it because I've seen the whole thing," Al-Qadumi said. "He doesn't have nothing. He just came like any other kid he want to go around visiting Los Angles, New York, all over the place."”​

East Hartford, Connecticut would not be on my list of must see cities in the U.S.

Source: Terrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel Room | NBC Connecticut http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/troub...tford-Motel-Room-397120491.html#ixzz4NCfSjRi3
Follow us: @nbcconnecticut on Twitter | NBCConnecticut on Facebook

FindHG: Can't get your attachment to work, but this at the end of the article is curious to me:

"Young kid," the 22-year-old's family friend, Qusai Al-Qadumi, told NBC Connecticut. "He wanted to come here just to visit the states and go around."
"If you heard he had a bunch of ID's or anything, don't believe it because I've seen the whole thing," Al-Qadumi said. "He doesn't have nothing. He just came like any other kid he want to go around visiting Los Angles, New York, all over the place."”​

East Hartford, Connecticut would not be on my list of must see cities in the U.S.

Source: Terrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel Room | NBC Connecticut http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/troub...tford-Motel-Room-397120491.html#ixzz4NCfSjRi3
Follow us: @nbcconnecticut on Twitter | NBCConnecticut on Facebook

Sorry about the attachment, I.B.Nora. Yes, I guess his stuff was returned or something?

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/troub...ls-in-East-Hartford-Motel-Room-397120491.html

attachment.php

Off Topic
http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...ether-techies-to-inspire-transit-improvements

The guy who died, the so-called student had previously earned an FAA private pilot certificate to fly a single engine plane. So, my question is what was the purose of this flight? I haven't seen it mentioned or discussed. Was Freitekh taking lessons on how to fly a twin engine plane? Was this his first lesson? Too much information missing to satisfy me.Its all very curious.
how to fly a twin engine plane? really good question!! Actually experinced relief to find out there was no connection - however the other story is concerning

Some info, not sourced to LE though.[...]Several friends said he was not known to have problems with depression or anger.They said Freitekh was supposed to take his last flying exam Friday, and he planned to return to Jordan and look for an airline job.A friend who lives in Jordan,.... said he talked with Freitekh a few days before the crash and Freitekh didn’t say anything about having problems with his training.“Planes were everything to him,” [he] said. “All he wanted is to get that license. He was always in a good mood. He was a funny guy. I can assure you ... Feras would never hurt anyone.”A former student described Prevalla, the instructor and president of the flight school, as a confident, reassuring teacher.[...and]“I remember saying to myself, ‘What an incredible pilot.’”[...]Friends: Student in East Hartford plane crash was upbeat, happy to be flyingBy Dave Collins, Associated Press via New Haven Register10/14/16, updtd 9 hrs agoTerrorism Task Force Request Leads to Find of Computer, Flight Manuals in East Hartford Motel RoomBy Len Besthoff and Jill Konopka reports of documents obtain thru FIOANBC CT NEWS

following Ms. Konopka's thorough report, note the end capped below.

IB Nora bought up good point maybe he was not doing good on twin aricraft training ?? And decided to kill himself and the instructor who was failing him - two birds in one stone kind of thing??

A flight attendant with flight manuals? Could he be trying to become pilot? Whad of cash drug smuggling? Could they guy have been trying to crash the plane into the hotel? Just babbling!

But heck after today not really sure where my faith is as far as the FBI goes!!

There has to (well maybe not!) some reason why all those forces went to that particular hotel room tho.

When I saw the hotel and heard about the wad of cash I thought why are you staying in such a dump!!

It just occurred to me finding a computer in a hotel room in and of itself might mean nothing. Poor dude lost his laptop!!

Not to draw attn? Not to come in the room until after two - all behavior has meaning -- is just an odd request, especially if it was like for the whole stay

...........student pilot who authorities believe intentionally crashed a twin-engine airplane on Main Street Tuesday was acting increasingly erratic in the days before.......

crash, .[/FONT][/COLOR]Feras M. Freitekh seemed out of sorts and, over the two or three days before the crash, was "confrontational" and "cranky," investigators said Freitekh's acquaintances told them.

.While authorities said Wednesday that Freitekh was distraught over his performance at the American Flight Academy at Hartford's Brainard Airport, the new information reveals more about the Jordanian national's state of mind in the days before the crash.

Would any newspaper say the Americans state of mind??

"This is looking like a suicide," an official said.

on is ongoing and authorities have said they have not reached a definitive conclusion on why the plane crashed.

planned to search his electronic devices as well.

eighbors on Annawan Street described Freitekh as a friendly man who always made a point to greet neighbors. .... and insist he was doing well in flight school.

Freitekh attended the flight school since at least 2015,

Prevalla, after escaping the flaming wreckage, walked into the American Eagle Federal Credit Union office at 417 Main St. to ask for help, the credit union's CEO said Thursday.

.....he then joined several employees who ran out a back door after the crash, and was treated in the back parking lot before being taken to a hospital.

Credit union president and CEO Dean Marchessault said employees were not sure what had happened...............................Marchessault was not at the office when the crash occurred and would not allow employees who were to be interviewed.

What is that about - does that not strike you as peculiar.

http://www.courant.com/health/hc-east-hartford-plane-crash-1014-20161013-story.html

injuring three others--Two people in a minivan close to the landing site were also hospitalized.

t one witness described as a ‘mushroom cloud explosion.’

Official: Plane crash appears to be suicide

crash site is a short distance from the airport, across the Connecticut River and in line with the runway.

"I'm not aware of any specific threats associated with this action," Malloy said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/jordania...hes-plane-in-connecticut/#6Ly0BxfJEjxCyM89.99

http://www.kmov.com/story/33371799/official-plane-crash-appears-to-be-suicide-try-1-dead

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/jordania...hes-plane-in-connecticut/#6Ly0BxfJEjxCyM89.99

http://www.kmov.com/story/33371799/official-plane-crash-appears-to-be-suicide-try-1-dead

The only thing worse than links to Westboro articles are links to WND, the original birther website and currently very tight with *********. Even though the articles at WND are actually Daily Mail articles, WND is not MSM and is all kinds of phobic. And I do mean all kinds.

From yesterday, in the full gaggle with reporters, he mentions more details about how the flight instructor, who had walked in to their office for help, IIRC, with an especially badly injured arm.

New information and video released on East Hartford plane crash
By Leigh Frillici, News 8 Reporter

Oct 13 16, 6:29 pm

“He was in shock,” said Dean Marchessault, the CEO and President of American Eagle Financial Credit Union who spoke for the company. “There wasn’t much exchange. He clearly was badly injured but he was able to make it. He didn’t have a lot of interaction. He really didn’t have much to say because he was in shock at the time.”

http://www.wfsb.com/story/33370874/ntsb-east-hartford-deadly-plane-crash-was-intentional 10/12

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back