Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD - me to about the house last night. I still kinda think that maybe they found a panic/safe room or hidden storage room or hidden wall/floor safe - something along those lines. And that the 2 hours was what they needed to search, catalog, document - whatever it was that was in there.

IF (BIG IF - and JMHO) she was a prepper - I have wondered about gold, silver, precious metals. I know a lot - I mean A LOT and most all of them definitely NOT preppers that have taken to investing in gold and have had hidden safes installed to keep it. So who knows? But, yes that rushed trip back to the house last night was very very intriguing.................

JMHO

Classes resuming in Newtown, minus Sandy Hook

By DAVID KLEPPER and MICHAEL MELIA, AP
16 minutes ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. — With security stepped up and families still on edge in Newtown, students began returning to school Tuesday for the first time since last week's massacre, bringing a return of familiar routines — at least, for some — to a grief-stricken town as it buries 20 of its children.

One 6-year-old boy's funeral was under way Tuesday morning, and two other 6-year-old boys were laid to rest Monday in the first of a long, almost unbearable procession of funerals. A total of 26 people were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S history.

Classes resume Tuesday for Newtown schools except those at Sandy Hook. At Newtown High School, students in sweatshirts and jackets, many wearing headphones, betrayed mixed emotions. Some waved at or snapped photos of the assembled media horde, and others appeared visibly shaken...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles...S.Connecticut.School.Shooting/?cid=hero_media

I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/honan-funeral-home-newtown-donations_n_2317120.html

A Texas woman, whose 2-year-old daughter recently died of cancer, offered to pay for the caskets for all 26 victims killed on Friday, KWWL reports. :rocker:

The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association, a group that represents 220 funeral homes in the state, got together to figure out how to offset the pressure its colleagues are facing in the wake of the Newtown massacre, the Associated Press reports. The organization plans to offer caskets, hearses, staff and other necessary resources to help.

I feel grief for the funeral home. I heard it was a small one and pretty much the only one in the community, that should never bury 20 children in it's lifetime let alone in a weeks time, I feel for the director and artist who have to make those children up, dress them, and prepare them for their final resting spot..That's life changing
In an previous thread there was a message with a link to an article stating that a number of other funeral homes in the area were contributing caskets, personnel, whatever was needed to accommodate the needs of the families. I tried to find that article and could not so this is from memory.

I think the surrounding communities as well as the entire country are doing what can be done to help Newtown through their grief.

Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox:

His theory is that the shooter followed the Colorado movie theater/Holmes case and studied it closely...that's what he thinks the computer will show. He was asked if he (Wheeler) had been given that info, or whether it was his theory, and he clarified it was only his thoughts on what the shooter might have been researching on the computer.

He thinks the school was chosen because that's where a large gathering of young children would be on a Friday morning, causing great impact, which the shooter wanted.

His belief is this shooter was methodical in his planning.

Just passing along what Wheeler is suggesting at this time.

- - - -
I'm still stumped by what LE was doing, responding to the mom's house last night, in a hurry...and that kept them there for over 2 hours, if what was reported was true. Hmmmm. Anyone heard more about that this morning?

It'd be surprising to me if he didn't follow other shooters. Unfortunately I don't think computer will show anything, since AL supposedly smashed it.

It's just a little sad that there are thousands of popular video games that deal with killing and shooting and destroying and practically none that I can think of that you can win by displaying altruistic, prosocial behaviors, cooperating with others to help people in need and being considerate of others.

There are tons of video games like that. Even Mass Effect, the game that was improperly linked to this shooting, is like that.

Most modern RPG games allow you to choose either path, good or evil.

Many MMO online games can't be won unless you work together and help others.

Have AL and NL's bodies been claimed yet?

It's weird to me that the articles keep updating how their bodies "haven't been claimed" since 1) they haven't been released yet, and 2) NL has a family (outside her xh) who as far as I know from the articles appear to have cared for her.

It's like the articles are implying that no one wants to deal with NL's remains - when in fact her body is at the moment supposed to be just where it is. Odd.

There are tons of video games like that. Even Mass Effect, the game that was improperly linked to this shooting, is like that.

Even if you choose the side of good you are cooperating with others to KILL.

Newtown's only undertaker opens up about the 'week from hell' (NY Daily News)

Not the greatest article I've ever read but does give a nod to the overwhelming burden of the situation.

I just can't imagine how hard this is for them. Having friends in the funeral home business, they usually find silly ways to get through what most of us could not do. I'm guessing there is no such relief here.

From the article, this just served as a reminder of the innocence, spontaneity, and beauty of little ones everywhere. I shouldn't be reading at work. :( Here's the quote about "Little Jesse Lewis":

Little Jesse was remembered as a plucky kid, who often liked to play farmer and tend to his toy horse in the yard.

“He was imaginative and full of energy,” said family friend Lisa Dismont, who keeps a horse on the family’s property. “He was a little character. He just liked to be goofy. His favorite thing was to act like an old man. He’d pull his trousers up to his chin and walk hunched over with a scowl on his face.”

She said the child’s family was devastated. “We’re all trying to grapple with what happened,” Dismont said. “We’re all going to miss little Jesse. He was very perceptive, very inquisitive, just a very happy little boy.”

Mass Effect is a series of science fiction action role-playing third-person shooter video games developed by the Canadian company BioWare and released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Windows, with the third installment also released on the Wii U.

Mass Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shepard and squad members in Mass Effect can make use of six major types of equipment: weapons, armor, biotic amps, omni-tools, ammo upgrades, and armor upgrades. Equipment quality is rated in Roman numerals, I (one) being the weakest and X (ten) being the strongest. Equipment can be found in storage containers throughout the galaxy, can be acquired after defeating an enemy, or purchased from merchants. Shepard can carry no more than 150 items at a time, and will receive a warning as the limit is approached.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment#Mass Effect 2

I am not talking about games in which you team up with other people to defeat enemies and blow stuff up needing lots of ammo, weapons and armor.

I admit that my experience with RPGs is rather limited but in the ones I've played or observed DH playing the difference between a good character and a bad character was mainly that the good/bad characters didn't use all the same weapons and didn't destroy all the same enemies. The body count didn't differ much.

Even if you choose the side of good you are cooperating with others to KILL.

No you're not. Not in all games. Not every game is Call of Duty.

Is Super Mario making me a hardened killer because I'm cooperating with someone to stomp on turtles?

When I cooperate with other people to save a school from an alien invasion, making sure I make all the right choices to evacuate every single student, is that teaching me to kill (the alien robots, that is)?

I think people need to broaden their minds and educate themselves before painting video games with such a broad brush.

Mass Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment#Mass Effect 2

I am not talking about games in which you team up with other people to defeat enemies and blow stuff up needing lots of ammo, weapons and armor.

I admit that my experience with RPGs is rather limited but in the ones I've played or observed DH playing the difference between a good character and a bad character was mainly that the good/bad characters didn't use all the same weapons and didn't destroy all the same enemies. The body count didn't differ much.

In Mass Effect, you're saving the planet from sentient robot bad guys.

The different between good and bad are the decisions and choices you make throughout the game that effect the outcome.

Regardless, the game that I have seen Adam Lanza as reported as playing, Dynasty Warriors, is a fighting game where no guns are used, it's ancient samurai swords and the like.

Newtown school officials couldn’t be reached to comment on his schooling, but interviews in recent days with acquaintances and family members, as well as published reports, suggest that Adam bounced from public school, to a private Catholic school, to home schooling, to taking college courses at Western Connecticut State University, according to the Associated Press.

He was not close with his older brother, Ryan, who lives in Hoboken, N.J., and works for Ernst & Young.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...8eb0-4890-11e2-ad54-580638ede391_story_1.html

The mother and son’s “shooting activities” at “multiple ranges” went back several years, ATF officials said, but the last activity was more than six months ago.

“She was my friend,” Marsha Lanza said. “I said to my husband, ‘Who’s going to bury Nancy?’ He said, ‘Knowing my brother, he’ll take care of it, because that’s the right thing to do.’ ”

In Mass Effect, you're saving the planet from sentient robot bad guys.

The different between good and bad are the decisions and choices you make throughout the game that effect the outcome.

From what I can tell it looks like the planet is saved from the sentient robot bad guys by killing and shooting and destroying them. I googled Mass Effect images and it's guys with very big guns.

Saw in the earlier thread questions about how AL might have obtained his gear, protective vest and whatever else he had on when on the killing spree at Sandy Hook. Wouldn't you think his mom had stockpiled protective gear, if she was a "prepper"?

It's weird to me that the articles keep updating how their bodies "haven't been claimed" since 1) they haven't been released yet, and 2) NL has a family (outside her xh) who as far as I know from the articles appear to have cared for her.

It's like the articles are implying that no one wants to deal with NL's remains - when in fact her body is at the moment supposed to be just where it is. Odd.

Very odd, almost as though they do not want any involvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname