Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what is that supposed to mean? At one range, police found no Lanza at target practice? How does that prove anything at all? Did anybody claim she took her sons to every range in the area? I don't think so.

Jenny----This is just an update that LE is checking the shooting ranges.

I've no idea how many ranges are in Newtown,CT...it's possible this is the only shooting range and LE uncovered no Lanza's signing in?

We just don't know enough intel yet

A friend of mine who's an IT Director for his company told me a hard drive with alot of storage data can take as many as 100 times to delete the data and this could take many days to weeks to complete it effectively

So that seems to me Lanza was zeroing out his computer data far in advance of the shootings which I believe he had planned this out more than just a few days before and not spur of the moment

Here's some interesting information on how to zero out a hard drive:

The program is evidence-eliminator.com.
This program erases all forensic evidence that remains on your hard drive after you format it, and believe you me it's alot. You can recover the entire contents of a formatted hard drive with the right tools. But EE prevents this and effectively "Zero's Out" you hard drive.

Formating a hard drive prepares it for use and deletes previous file names so Windows can't see them. They still exist and can be recovered with several Undelete programs. However, if you wish to remove all data from the drive, just formatting is not enough. \"Zeroing\" a drive rewrites over the entire drive, replacing previous data with simple 0's. There are several 'Zero' filling programs available on the web and some drive manufacturers include a zero utility on their support sites.

Even the oft-printed assertion that Nancy frequently took her sons to shooting ranges is not bearing scrutiny. At a nearby range, police pored for hours over every sign-in, and found no Lanza at target practice in 2012.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/23/no-tears-nancy-lanza-newtown-mother

If someone's asserting that Nancy Lanza took her SONS, plural, to the shooting range frequently they would have to be referring to a time before RL and AL cut off all contact, prior to 2010, and probably while RL still lived at home, and 2012 would have nothing to do with it, I think.

A friend of mine who's an IT Director for his company told me a hard drive with alot of storage data can take as many as 100 times to delete the data and this could take many days to weeks to complete it effectively

So that seems to me Lanza was zeroing out his computer data far in advance of the shootings which I believe he had planned this out more than just a few days before and not spur of the moment

This program erases all forensic evidence that remains on your hard drive after you format it, and believe you me it's alot. You can recover the entire contents of a formatted hard drive with the right tools. But EE prevents this and effectively "Zero's Out" you hard drive.

Formating a hard drive prepares it for use and deletes previous file names so Windows can't see them. They still exist and can be recovered with several Undelete programs. However, if you wish to remove all data from the drive, just formatting is not enough. \"Zeroing\" a drive rewrites over the entire drive, replacing previous data with simple 0's. There are several 'Zero' filling programs available on the web and some drive manufacturers include a zero utility on their support sites.

NL might have wondered if he suddenly stopped using his computer for weeks. Maybe she did. But I think it would have been just as easy to buy a used hard drive, smash it and leave it for the investigators to spend days and weeks struggling over, and toss the real one into a pond or something.

NL might have wondered if he suddenly stopped using his computer for weeks. Maybe she did. But I think it would have been just as easy to buy a used hard drive, smash it and leave it for the investigators to spend days and weeks struggling over, and toss the real one into a pond or something.

Just bouncing off your post Donjeta... I wonder if he had been going out alone more leading up to the shooting to try to get guns, clothing, perhaps a decoy hard drive or whatnot. Sad to think that Nancy could have seen this as improvement.

Updated December 21, 2012, 9:02 p.m. ET

Solid Upbringings For Lanza Parents

By PERVAIZ SHALLWANI and BEN KESLING

KINGSTON, N.H.—The gunman responsible for the Newtown, Conn., shootings spent the first six years of his life growing up amid the farmland and woods here in the southern New Hampshire countryside.

Adam Lanza was born into a family full of promise with deep roots in this community. His mother, Nancy, grew up in an old farmhouse built in the 1740s in Kingston, a postcard-perfect New Hampshire town near the Massachusetts border. Nancy was the girlish, intelligent daughter of Don Champion, a TWA pilot, and his wife Dottie, a school nurse.

The Champions had another daughter and two sons, and raised their children to be respectful, friends said...

NY_CB800_LANZA_DV_20121221204001.jpg

HaverHill High School 1976 Yearbook -- Peter Lanza in a 1976 photo

Less than 15 miles away in northern Massachusetts, Peter Lanza, nicknamed "Mousey" in his high school yearbook and known as P.J. to family, was growing up with two brothers in Haverhill, the shy, smart son of a successful insurance salesman.

Peter Lanza thrived in math and sciences, classmates remember. "He was a good student," said Diane Boulanger Prescott, who graduated in the class of 1976 with Peter. "He was just one of us, a regular kid."

In 1981, Nancy, 21, and Peter, 23, were married in Kingston. Nancy wore a simple but elegant wedding dress she made herself. The couple rode in a horse-drawn carriage to Nancy's parents' home for the reception...

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324461604578194054206944718.html

Obituary

nancy_j_lanza_obituary.jpg

December 23, 2012
Nancy J. Lanza, 52

Newtown, CT — Nancy J. (Champion) Lanza, 52, a former resident of Kingston, NH died December 14, 2012 in Connecticut.

Born in Salem, MA, the daughter of Dorothy (Huse) (Champion) Hanson and the late Donald Champion, she was raised in Kingston, NH and graduated from Sanborn Regional High School with the Class of 1978.

She attended the University of New Hampshire and worked in the New Accounts Division of John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Company of Boston until 1992.

A resident of Newtown since 1998, Nancy was involved as a volunteer in local charity work, especially the local women’s shelters.

g258000000000000000639d66dfb44e400ec5eb404a6dc53.jpg
She is survived by a son, Ryan J. Lanza of Hoboken, NJ; her mother, Dorothy (Huse) (Champion) Hanson of Barrington, NH; two brothers, James M. Champion of Kingston, NH and Donald R. Champion of Colorado; a sister and brother-in-law, Carol A. Gould of Maine; her former husband, Peter Lanza of Connecticut; her special nieces and nephews and several aunts, uncles, cousins, and many friends.

Read more:

http://www.eagletribune.com/obituaries/x964855281/Nancy-J-Lanza-52

or:

http://imgace.com/pic/tag/obituary-of-nancy-lanza

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - Page updated at 06:30 a.m.

Scientists to study Lanza’s DNA to look for clue to mass killings

By Gina Kolata
The New York Times

http://seattletimes.com/avantgo/2019988112.html

-----------------------------

Seeking Answers in Genome of Gunman

Genomic analysis will be used to study the DNA of the man responsible for killing 20 children and seven adults in Newtown, Conn, in an effort to discover if there are biological clues to extreme violence.

By GINA KOLATA, Published: December 24, 2012

In a move likely to renew a longstanding ethical controversy, geneticists are quietly making plans to study the DNA of Adam Lanza, 20, who killed 20 children and seven adults in Newtown, Conn. Their work will be an effort to discover biological clues to extreme violence.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/s...ence-in-genome-of-gunman-in-newtown-conn.html

Xavier
When files are deleted, they are simply moved to another part of the hard drive, that is why they are easy to recover. It is not that Window's can not see them but Window's gets confused and does not know where to look and can not find files.

Window's however will not let you delete certain system files BUT this is such a simple work around. All one has to do is boot from a cd or a usb device, back in the old days, there was a program called GW scan which is Gateway utility that one could put on a floppy disk if anyone still remembers those things.

What gwscan would do is write zeros to the entire hard drive but this does not take days of time, even with some hundred passes.

One of the easiest things to do is boot from say a Linux based OS and view all the Window's files but Xavier I agree AL most likely did zero out his HD. I referenced it here.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

Hmmmmmm.... :(

Don

I relate to Adam Lanza, the CT school shooter?

I have a history of engaging in antisocial behavior. I am reclusive; was completely agoraphobic from ages 14 to 19. I don't seem to feel pain (physically or emotionally) as strongly as other people do. I don't want to talk to a therapist. I want to do something like Adam Lanza did to show everyone in my crappy town how much I hate them. Give me input.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121225204256AAtzrek

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - Page updated at 06:30 a.m.

Scientists to study Lanza’s DNA to look for clue to mass killings

By Gina Kolata
The New York Times

http://seattletimes.com/avantgo/2019988112.html

-----------------------------

Seeking Answers in Genome of Gunman

Genomic analysis will be used to study the DNA of the man responsible for killing 20 children and seven adults in Newtown, Conn, in an effort to discover if there are biological clues to extreme violence.

By GINA KOLATA, Published: December 24, 2012

In a move likely to renew a longstanding ethical controversy, geneticists are quietly making plans to study the DNA of Adam Lanza, 20, who killed 20 children and seven adults in Newtown, Conn. Their work will be an effort to discover biological clues to extreme violence.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/s...ence-in-genome-of-gunman-in-newtown-conn.html

WOW! Interesting. How do they get his DNA?

Jenny----This is just an update that LE is checking the shooting ranges.

I've no idea how many ranges are in Newtown,CT...it's possible this is the only shooting range and LE uncovered no Lanza's signing in?

We just don't know enough intel yet

No, there are many shooting ranges in CT.

If someone's asserting that Nancy Lanza took her SONS, plural, to the shooting range frequently they would have to be referring to a time before RL and AL cut off all contact, prior to 2010, and probably while RL still lived at home, and 2012 would have nothing to do with it, I think.

Which would have made AL younger than 18 years old (!!!!!!!!!) when he was being exposed to his mother's " gun enthusiasm" and paranoia-probably fueling his own obsession with guns and military style weapons and video- games. Do you think he put her up to buying those particular guns? :waitasec:

A frightful combination- time bomb - if you will. Freaks me out! Beyond words

IMO - there are hobbies to share with your kids - and hobbies to share with your kids. I feel terrible for NL the first victim... but... JMO she is an accomplice. make- up a new category- Negligent...manslaughter.

Please do not hate me ...for saying that- and now this:

I have seen so many parents like her in all sorts of denial, switching their kids out of schools here and there, forcing the hands of people trying to help them and teach their kids, hiding out from some friends, lying to others, drowning ( chardonay) their frustrations surrounded by people whose kids are perfect. ( I live locally and know someone who was a good friend of NLs.. with out saying a thing about that person but..) Who could and would confide and reach out there? People here in CT are cut off from one another- some are very isolated in ways we can't comprehend. There is no excuse for this. I wish there were a hope and a prayer for healing- and change.

So sorry for my daily vitriol.
Love you guys for reading.

Prayers for NL..and the teacher and staff victims, the 20 little angels and bless the first responders and families of Sandyhook@ 4ever.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: INSIDE THE SICK TWISTED LIFE OF ADAM LANZA

Published on: December 26, 2012 (2 min. ago)

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

I’M THE DEVIL!” With those chilling words, ADAM LANZA set the stage for his brutal slaughter of 26 innocents in a Connecticut school.

Haunted by voices ordering him to kill and convinced the world was coming to an end, the 20-year-old devil worshipper and violent video game fanatic left macabre clues to his murderous plan on Internet chat rooms, websites and a chilling diary he kept on his computer, authorities say.

AS a reeling nation mourned, investigators are frantically trying to determine whether anyone else was aware of Lanza’s homicidal plan and if an imagined accomplice could be real, sources say.

Meanwhile, The ENQUIRER has gone behind the scenes, conducting extensive interviews with sources close to the investigation, Lanza’s former classmates and other insiders, to learn the real reason why he snapped on Dec. 14 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the sleepy community of Newtown...

Read more: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/world-exclusive-inside-sick-twisted-life-adam-lanza

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: INSIDE THE SICK TWISTED LIFE OF ADAM LANZA

Published on: December 26, 2012 (2 min. ago)

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

I’M THE DEVIL!” With those chilling words, ADAM LANZA set the stage for his brutal slaughter of 26 innocents in a Connecticut school.

Haunted by voices ordering him to kill and convinced the world was coming to an end, the 20-year-old devil worshipper and violent video game fanatic left macabre clues to his murderous plan on Internet chat rooms, websites and a chilling diary he kept on his computer, authorities say.

AS a reeling nation mourned, investigators are frantically trying to determine whether anyone else was aware of Lanza’s homicidal plan and if an imagined accomplice could be real, sources say.

Meanwhile, The ENQUIRER has gone behind the scenes, conduct ing extensive interviews with sources close to the investigation, Lanza’s former classmates and other insiders, to learn the real reason why he snapped on Dec. 14 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the sleepy com*munity of Newtown...

Read more: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/world-exclusive-inside-sick-twisted-life-adam-lanza

:floorlaugh: Good ole National Enquirer, a solid source of facts. Not.

Even the oft-printed assertion that Nancy frequently took her sons to shooting ranges is not bearing scrutiny. At a nearby range, police pored for hours over every sign-in, and found no Lanza at target practice in 2012.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/23/no-tears-nancy-lanza-newtown-mother

The article linked above is an opinion piece. The author is a regular columnist with the Guardian - it appears all her articles are opinion pieces.

I'm completely skeptical of her claim that LE found no Lanza on a sign-in sheet @ a shooting range in 2012. I think she either made it up or has her facts mixed up, as no other media outlet has reported this bit of info. I seriously doubt she has an inside track with investigators.

Statements made by the ATFE spokesperson directly contradict Lionel Shriver's claim.

A Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesperson told ABC News investigators have determined Lanza did visit a gun range, but they have not determined whether he shot there.

Investigators have also learned his mother, Nancy Lanza, visited a gun range on multiple occasions, but they have not determined whether her son was with her during those visits, the spokesperson said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/conne...am-lanza-mother-visited-gun/story?id=17992396

Not sure if it's been posted, it's been up for a couple of days; don't agree with it necessarily, but states the case clearly:

The scapegoating of Nancy Lanza (Guardian)
She was Adam Lanza's first victim. Yet while the other 26 dead in
Sandy Hook are rightly mourned, Nancy is being disgracefully smeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members