Conrad Murray trial -Day five.

Yes, Flanagan, you could see a problem developing if you stayed with the patient!

Opens door for PT to ask MD if she would give Propofol without monitoring the patient electronically. The MD would give a resounding NO!

OMG finally! This poor ER doc. Flanagan is irritating (he almost seemed like he was under the influence of something)

I think the judge sustaining those objections and even clarifying them was huge for the prosecution. He indicated that the hospital doctor does not have to answer that hypothetical question because it assumes she would administer propofol without the precautionary measures she always takes, and in my mind it said that CM was reckless with the way he did it. That's a big deal to me when it comes from the judge. MOO.

The Dr. just said that 25 mgs of prohefol(sp) would probably not achieve sedation and would wear off in about 10 minutes.

It would appear that defense is trying to use this prosecution witness as an expert witness on prophefol(sp). Who does this remind me of???

Has the defense established that she is not a chemist??

Beyond the scope for this witness. Flanagan heading nowhere with this witness!

I wonder if Murray is feeding him questions to ask.

The ER Doc seems very intelligent, sharp, capable (I'm impressed, IOW) and cool enuff not to let this man fluster her. She's been in court before, methinks(!). She has had special training & is authorized to administer propofol in the ER for anesthetizing for quick, surgical procedures there -- where they have & use all the necessary monitors, personnel, and any recovery procedures, which the good DrM did not use at MJ's house, altho he had some equipment in the closet...

This is not helping the doc one itty bit....

I get the impression Flanagan is trying to get her all tripped up with her testimony and instead, to me, he is making himself look terrible.

Spot-on, Talina. I may be wrong, but I think she is trying not to look at him as if he were stupid.

Sustained, sustained, sustained, sustained, sustained, sustained, sustained, sustained.

Sunny Hostin just drives me batty most of the time. She is saying on InSessions that thinks the defense was somewhat effective making Dr. Cooper a witness for their line of defense. I don't think she was watching the same testimony and cross examination I was watching.

She was asked by defense: "Would you be aware of the patient's labored breathing or slowed pulse, if there were no monitors?"

What a stupid question! The doc must focus on the procedure, which may be on the patient's chest or the back of his head,
or bottom of his foot... and won't be focusing on the resperations.... THUS the reason for other staff and monitors in the ER!!!!

(I'm a nurse & have worked in the Emer Dept. Dr Cooper did an excellent job on the stand... and I'd say in the ER also.)

73 pages of records of Dr. Murray's cell phone records were reviewed by Mr. Dixon. Sounds like from January 2009 til some later date that they have not yet stated.

No specific testimony as of yet. They are just describing the type of information that is shown on the data report.

TOTALLY O.T.

Thank you ALL For the UPdates so far......SO very much appreciated!

I was here, then not, then here, then running around doing household duty/wifey stuff.
Hopefully all is taken care of and I can spend the rest of the day folding clothes, reading all your posts and watching the stream online.

I totally missed all of the doctor's testimony this morning but thanks to all of you, I think I'm pretty well caught up.

I know I'm hooked as much as I swore it wouldn't happen again, but I did 11 large loads of clothes all day yesterday and didn't fold a single thing....just piled the clean clothes on the couch so that I can fold as I follow along.
At least it will look like I'm doing something should anyone wonder why I'm sitting in the same place for so many hours. *giggles*

Now, on with the trial! :)

Prosecution just went through quite a few phone calls outgoing and incoming for the morning and afternoon of June 25 but did not identify who those numbers belong to yet. Now going over another part of the report, the pages that identify data usage (sounds like text messaging or other types of data usage).

It's the younger defense attorney.

Asked about identifying the person using the phone. Hello?

AT&T doesn't save any text messages. I always thought you could get them from the phone company. I didn't realize anything went away.

Well...other than getting his phone records into evidence and explaining what the records show, that was all for the prosecution.

Now, defense up saying "you've identified as to this account belonging to Conrad Murray you have no way of knowing who was actually using that phone do you?"

Oh, please.

Well that was a befuddled cross...defense would ask a question, started asking questions about records other than AT&T records...then appeared to get themselves confused and moved on to a different question, then misstated testimony - got sustained. Asked a couple of more inconsequential (to me) questions and let witness go. Then upon Chernoff asking more questions now asking if certain phone calls were answered or went to voice mail. Mr. Dixon is unable to specifically identify whether or not certain calls went to voice mail or not. Now redirect.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back