Conrad Murray trial -Day sixteen.

Just a couple observations: It appears that the witness does not have his laptop today, and I have not noticed Dr. White in the courtroom today.

Now there is a sidebar.

DONE. Did Chernoff do any major damage?

He did some major damage to my attention span, hopefully he didn't do the same to the jury. He actually reinforced what the models showed, buy didn't really get any of the information refuted. For me it was a waste of time.

I think Chernoff thought he was armed and ready to fire off some relevant questions about propofol in the urine and was shot down mid air once Dr. Shafer told him what he was asking about is not what was tested for in the urine. He rested shortly after that exchange.

So, once again, the defense is either getting bad info from their experts or they are just asking questions to take up time knowing they have no defense to put forth.

Strange that Dr White is not present in the courtroom this morning.

Strange that Dr White is not present in the courtroom this morning.

Beth Karas said this morning that her information is that Dr.White has gone back home to Texas and is coming back later in the week for his testimony. They've all been speculating that the defense first witness will be the head of AEG (can't remember his name right now).

BBM

Hey...at least Judge Pastor sets hearing dates, albeit post trial.
Unlike Judge Perry that said in court contempt issues would be dealt with after trial and not one happened.

Judge Perry didn't have time for things like contempt issues. He was in to big of a hurry to get out of there. He rushed the attorneys through jury selection and through the trial. He kept telling the jury that they would be home for the holiday...he meant it. I think if there hadn't been such a push to get the jury selected and if the trial hadn't been rushed things might have turned out differently. The whole thing was rushed or forgotten like the contempt issues.

Wow, Dr.Shafer has developed a lot of spreadsheets and software programs that he makes freely available for other researchers and investigators to use. Walgren doing a good job throwing out Chernoff trying to discredit his being genuine in doing a lot of work pro bono for quite some time. Now moving on to evidence testimony.

Okay...so much for Chernoff trying to make it seem like all the scenarios on the graphs were just to pass time. Walgren reminding them by the redirect is that it was to try to come up with SOMETHING to support self administering to match the blood level...impossible without a drip.

Well..looks to me like Walgren, in short order, completely shot down everything that Chernoff spent hours trying to confuse or clould with his cross examine.

Recross.

This recross looks to me like he is very desperate. Lots of disorganization, lots of sarcasm, lots of objections being sustained with only a few overruled. Not going well at all for recross. IMO

This recross looks to me like he is very desperate. Lots of disorganization, lots of sarcasm, lots of objections being sustained with only a few overruled. Not going well at all for recross. IMO

One of the THs on HLN called him "Chernoff the Turn-off".

Another TH said Walgren did a great job!

Dr. Shafer excused subject to recall. Sidebar now. Expect defense will begin its case in chief after sidebar. Seems to early to me for them to call for lunch break already. Although, we haven't heard those words from Walgren yet "the prosecution rests".

Well, here we go. People rest. Brief sidebar for some evidence to be entered in (housekeeping matters it seems) so jury out of courtroom while they do that before they begin the defense case.

Good afternoon all. :seeya:

What a sad cross by Chernoff. He failed to discredit Dr. Shafer one iota and even admitted that Dr. White had to rely on his computerized simulations. (Just shaking head here)

I'm baaack!

Well from reading and catching up it seems the cross was blasé.

And as usual Walgren was masterful on redirect.

Thanks for all the updates!:woohoo:

I'm baaack!

Well from reading and catching up it seems the cross was blasé.

And as usual Walgren was masterful on redirect.

Thanks for all the updates!:woohoo:

You definitely didn't miss much on the cross at all. If you caught the redirect and recross, that was the most exciting of the day so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back